Conor beat: Nate, Porier, Holloway, Aldo, Alvarez

...annnnd another desperate McFanboy to the ignore list.

Conor is a great fighter when he is fresh and motivated and a lame duck fighter on the level of tank abbot when he is gassed. And he will gas unless he stops Khabib. The question is if he can do it because if the fight goes late Khabib will get Conor pregnant

Nate Diaz is underrated you say?

So would you admit he’s largely an underachiever?

Maybe. But my point is just because you don’t have a belt doesn’t mean you suck. People around here like to simplify things as if not being a champion means you suck.

I agree and Conor is still in his prime. He looks like he's been training well during his time away from the sport. And he really only took a year off, which isn't much.

Everyone said Nate would murder Conor in the rematch at 170, having even more time to prepare -- he didn't. Everyone said that Alvarez would destroy Conor, and he didn't.

Conor's TDD is very underrated and Khabib is susceptible to getting rocked. Michael Johnson hurt him, and MJ isn't half the striker that Conor is. If Conor connects with Khabib, it's over.
Little Mendez took his left like nothing until he was really tired, then Conor hit him like 10’times to tko him. Do you really think that Khabib will give him that chin like Aldo? If Aldo gave me his chin on a platter, I wouldn’t KO him, I will break his neck also. Anyone can get ko’d If they get hit on the button when not ready!

How many threads about Conor before they get wastelanded?

Nah.

They were all terrible when he fought them. They were either young, done, out of their prime, not ready, too small, didn't follow the gameplan, were robbed, too stocky, too skinny, impacted by weight cut, too lanky, didn't get enough sleep, didn't get enough carbs on the day of the fight, had injuries, 2 weeks notice, were chinny at the time, were not used to fighting at above sea level, didn't like the city they were fighting in, etc.

I just don't see how you can be impressed with his stellar resume. I mean, there are so many excuses I can think of. None of this is impressive. Ever.

All these guys in the top of the MMA community and news recently. 3/4 guys from the main and co-main of the last UFC. Conor beat them all. Hasn't fought for 2 years and he's still on top of the game.
Don’t forget Mendes who just recently made a statement comeback fight.

Conor’s resume is pretty good, I would never deny that. You do have to look at the context of some of the wins though. Mendes was out of shape and on two weeks notice. Still a good win either way. Holloway....was young and pretty green. It’s a good name on the resume for sure, but it doesn’t hold nearly as much weight as a win over the current Holloway would. Poirier was younger, however he was ranked at the time. Good win. Aldo is obviously his best win, followed by Eddie.

Like I said, good resume....but nothing that is propelling him into GOAT contention right now. Especially with no title defenses in the mix.

All these guys in the top of the MMA community and news recently. 3/4 guys from the main and co-main of the last UFC. Conor beat them all. Hasn't fought for 2 years and he's still on top of the game.
Holloway was a child and not ready for a fight with his caliber. Holloway is worlds better than that now.

Outside of that, it’s a hell of a resume.

The Conor dick garglers are out in full force. Simmer down kids you all will have to take turns, no fighting.

I agree and Conor is still in his prime. He looks like he's been training well during his time away from the sport. And he really only took a year off, which isn't much.

Everyone said Nate would murder Conor in the rematch at 170, having even more time to prepare -- he didn't. Everyone said that Alvarez would destroy Conor, and he didn't.

Conor's TDD is very underrated and Khabib is susceptible to getting rocked. Michael Johnson hurt him, and MJ isn't half the striker that Conor is. If Conor connects with Khabib, it's over.

No everyone did not say Nate would murder Conor. Conor was the betting favorite in the rematch. He’s been the favorite in almost every single fight in the UFC.

Nate is no journeyman.. He is vastly underrated. You know just because you have never been a champion doesn’t mean you suck.

Nate definitely doesn't suck but his 20-11 career record and total unwillingness to change anything about his game makes him the very definition of a journeyman. Albeit a very entertaining one who I a a big fan of.

His biggest win is either Cowboy or Jim Miller, aside from those 2 he has lost to every top 5 guy he's ever fought

Nate definitely doesn't suck but his 20-11 career record and total unwillingness to change anything about his game makes him the very definition of a journeyman. Albeit a very entertaining one who I a a big fan of.

His biggest win is either Cowboy or Jim Miller, aside from those 2 he has lost to every top 5 guy he's ever fought

Biggest win is Conor obviously..

I love when the response to threads like this is 'all the top ranked fighters are overrated cans'. LMAO.

Everyone sucks.

Yeah, we know.

You fucks bring it up every time one of them
fights. Now that Conor is fighting again I’m sure you’ll bring it up every day until then.

God damn. I wanna like Conor as a fighter but you guys make it SO hard.

Just chill. His success doesn’t make you successful, so stop acting like it does

No everyone did not say Nate would murder Conor. Conor was the betting favorite in the rematch. He’s been the favorite in almost every single fight in the UFC.

I seem to recall most people on sherdog trashing Conor leading up to the fight -- I don't really pay attention to betting lines, since they're mostly BS.

But I like your Alizee avatar. 10/10 ass.

Must be nice fighting guys two weight classes below you

Come on, everyone knows the Holloway that he fougth was not even remotely close to the Holloway of today.

Connor doesn't need any fluff on his resume - his title wins speak for themselves. Masterful performances.

Holloway today has cte and had a stroke. Can’t even make weight anymore

Back