News Conor Bailed on 500k Promised Donation to Dustin’s Charity (Update: Dustin reconfirmed)

https://www.mmanews.com/2021/01/dus...has-donated-to-the-good-fight-foundation/?amp

I'm not a McGregor nuthugger but I find it a lot more believable that Dustin & Conor are trying to work towards a more antagonistic build up for the trilogy fight rather than that McGregor is ducking making a relatively small (for him) donation that was getting him tons of good PR.

Don't forget McGregor's "No more Mr Nice Guy" statement on social media. Pretty clear imo what they're trying to do. Especially with Poirier recently shit taking Conor on twitter with seemingly drunken tweets (idk if they're still up) following the contracts being signed.
LMAO 500k isn't small for him bro. How rich do you think he is? haha

Tax write off
A tax deduction lowers your income by that amount, I am assuming there is only so much that can be deducted through charity. I’m sure he would rather have 500k than the deduction. Unless he’s making it from a business or something. In which case it’s more complicated.

Conor is dirty but what can you expect from a guy who sucker punches a old man, seriously low of Con-Rat. On a side note it's kind of hard to understand why Con-Rat would pay Dustin after Dustin Ko'd him.

I will never understand how adult humans do not realise that a tax write off isn’t free money. It’s literally that you don’t get taxed on that portion of your income.

if you make 1 million and give away 100k, you’ll be taxed on 900k that year. That 100k is gone and you won’t see a cent of it back.
If it lowers his income to a different bracket then it’s worth it. If people were as smart as you there wouldn’t ever be any charitable donations.

Conor shouldn't have said he was going to donate before the fight. Now when he lost and got knocked out it doesn't feel all that good donating to Dustin's charity anymore. We have to understand he's not donating because he doesn't actually care about it.

One way you could make Conor donate money is if you said, Khabib donated this amount of money and I bet you he would try to top it only for that reason.

Guy who can't handle losing fails to make good on promise after losing. Surprise

If it lowers his income to a different bracket then it’s worth it. If people were as smart as you there wouldn’t ever be any charitable donations.

No. Not all of your income is taxed at the same bracket, it’s only the amount above which places you in that bracket.

You never gain money by donating.

This is what happens when you learn about finances from TikTok

I swear Dustin said they already received the donation in fight week?? Lol what a weird thing to lie about

I don't like conor, but I gotta admit....that's kinda hilarious.

Back