Conor and Khabib's results against top 15 guys currently in any division

You're spinning the data for "current" because it looks better for Connor. Add mj and Healy to khabib

It actually makes Conor look worse. Max looks better and Poirer a little bit better, but Aldo, Mendes, Alvarez, Diaz, all look significantly worse. While Al looks better, and RDA much better.

Conor has simply nearly cleaned out two divisions. Khabib hasn't even cleared out one he constantly misses weight in.

a lot of people are going to be very upset when Khabib loses... you all are getting your hopes up

It actually makes Conor look worse. Max looks better and Poirer a little bit better, but Aldo, Mendes, Alvarez, Diaz, all look significantly worse. While Al looks better, and RDA much better.

Conor has simply nearly cleaned out two divisions. Khabib hasn't even cleared out one he constantly misses weight in.

The funniest part is that I've been accused of spinning the facts in Conor's favour because I didn't list #10 ranked at the time Pat Healy or Michael "gets subbed by Darren Elkins at a weight class lower" Elkins.

<{Heymansnicker}>

a lot of people are going to be very upset when Khabib loses... you all are getting your hopes up

I don't think it will last that long. Sherdog always has it's week of misery, but then the losers come back with a detailed plan to how Conor's win doesn't mean anything. This fight is vital for Khabib's career. If he loses, he will always be unfairly shit on even if he wins the rest of his fights.

Anyone that thinks Khabib has a better resume is a fucking idiot or too much of a fanboy to be honest with themselves. It’s not close. It’s just not.

Khabib has a pretty thing resume. Because of injuries, inactivity and the tony fights falling through.

He has beaten everyone put in front of him, but so far you can’t compare his career to Conor’s as far as quality wins.

The funniest part is that I've been accused of spinning the facts in Conor's favour because I didn't list #10 ranked at the time Pat Healy or Michael "gets subbed by Darren Elkins at a weight class lower" Elkins.

<{Heymansnicker}>

They're just mindlessly crying because the facts don't favor them. You left out Sivir too, and he actually won fights in the UFC unlike Healy. It doesn't matter what way you spin it, Conor has the much more impressive resume.

Anyone that thinks Khabib has a better resume is a fucking idiot or too much of a fanboy to be honest with themselves. It’s not close. It’s just not.

Khabib has a pretty thing resume. Because of injuries, inactivity and the tony fights falling through.

He has beaten everyone put in front of him, but so far you can’t compare his career to Conor’s as far as quality wins.

Khabib would have to move up and beat Tyron and Covington, then go up to MW and beat someone like Whittaker and Brunson to match Conor's resume.

Khabib - 4 Finishes in Last 10 fights
Conor - 8 Finishes in Last 10 fights

Khabib is a classic Lay 'N Prayer. Conor at minimum will get 5 shots to KO him at the beginning of each round. I'll take Conor on those odds.
Conor has only KO’d one guy, the rest being TKO’s

Also

Conor got choked out

Kabib is undefeated

Khabib Nurmagomedov:
Rafael Dos Anjos WW #3 UD
Edson Barbosa LW #6 UD
Al Iaquinta LW #9 UD

Conor McGregor:
Max Holloway FW Champ UD
Dustin Poirier LW #3 TKO 1
Chad Mendes FW #5 TKO 2
Jose Aldo FW #2 TKO 1
Nate Diaz LW #11 SUB 2 LOSS
Nate Diaz LW #11 MD
Eddie Alvarez LW #4 TKO 2

Two things I learned from the research:
1. Conor's run at FW is underrated on Sherdog
2. Michael Johnson isn't ranked at Featherweight

Slight correction....
Diaz fights were at WW not LW

True, although Alvarez and Diaz both turned down a Khabib fight, was due to fight Holloway which fell through due to no fault of his own and Khabib vs Ferguson was cancelled for the umpteenth time.

His record of top opponents isn’t the best but it isn’t all his fault tbf.

Khabib Nurmagomedov:
Rafael Dos Anjos WW #3 UD
Edson Barbosa LW #6 UD
Al Iaquinta LW #9 UD

Conor McGregor:
Max Holloway FW Champ UD
Dustin Poirier LW #3 TKO 1
Chad Mendes FW #5 TKO 2
Jose Aldo FW #2 TKO 1
Nate Diaz LW #11 SUB 2 LOSS
Nate Diaz LW #11 MD
Eddie Alvarez LW #4 TKO 2

Two things I learned from the research:
1. Conor's run at FW is underrated on Sherdog
2. Michael Johnson isn't ranked at Featherweight
SuhtZg5

So did Al get bumped up 2 spots for getting squashed for 5 rounds?

It's where the opponents are ranked "currently".
Ahhh, sorry, I found the title somewhat misleading...
Blame the lack of sleep and working at the same time as replying lol.

Isn't it weird how Al went from 11th to 9th despite getting solidly beaten up for 5rds

Anyway, have a good day bud
My bad.

Counting Conor's win over Max as a top win is like counting Duffy's win over Conor as a high level win.
Conor beat Max 5 years ago, 4 years before Max ever became champ.
It's really not the same, it was Holloway's 6th UFC fight, while it was only Conor's 2nd so max actually had more high level experience than Conor.

Max was also on the end of a terrible decision against Bermudez in the fight prior to Conor so he was already a very good fighter.

I wonder if the people who discredit Conor's win over Max look at Jon Jones record and deminish it coz a lot of his wins were over fighters who were past their best ...?

If you go down that route pretty much every fighter will have a lot of names on thier resume that can be descredited.

Conor got finished by Nate Diaz

Khabib is undefeated

He got finished at WW, jumping from 145 to 170 - two divisions.

Let's see Khabib jump from 155 to 185 and see how he fares there.

Also let's never forget Conor was ready to add prime UBER RDA to the list of humiliated victims, but RDA stubbed his toe or whatever....

RDA saw what you idiot Conor haters dont and decided to dodge the bullet

Back