Conor and Jones masters of movement like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant

TS, what the hell is your point?
That movement is important in sports? Really?
Or that an athlete can be compared to another athlete if you're raelly making a stretch?
If you do not see my point then only the gods can help you
I am here to educate and speak the words of truth

If you do not see my point then only the gods can help you
I am here to educate and speak the words of truth

I think you're here trying to be funny. But okay, whatever I guess.
Cheetahs are cool.

No surprise there is a lot of haters in this thread

You can keep hating. It is your god given right but you will be forced to accept this is truth tomorrow as you see Denis fall to the hands of Conor

Jones moves like an awkward, flat-footed and plodding geek at the local library. McGregor moves like he's on air doing the fuckin' moonwalk. Jones isn't a master of movement and never has been, never will be. He doesn't have high level movement of any kind at all going for him. Gustafsson showed the huge difference between their movement and fluidity when he fought and beat up Jones.

Are you serious????? So what your saying is that because Jones had difficulty while on his way to out landing another fighter with excellent mastery of movement he has no ability to move. That does not make sense. And that fight was razor close, so to say their was a huge discrepancy in movement is disingenuous given that it was a stand up war, in which they both landed big shots.

I threw up after reading the op

Silva for me has the best crisp pure striking. At least during the peak of his title reign. Let's hope he can continue his old ways and come back with a vengeance!

Nah the Heavyweight Division in the NBA is too shallow

P4P lists aren't silly

/sarcasm

I have been touched by nastradamus himself my seed
I know this to be truth and you will witness it before your very own eyes

I hope nastradamus provided you with a safety plan and a lot of anti-depressants, because judging by this post your going to need them. And by nastradamus do you mean a homeless man drinking at a public park?

I hope nastradamus provided you with a safety plan and a lot of anti-depressants, because judging by this post your going to need them. And by nastradamus do you mean a homeless man drinking at a public park?

Well some kind of pedophile anyways ...

Yeah I know that's predictable from me. But, I just can't stomach the way Jon moves. And his reactions after being clocked are another topic altogether.

During the weigh-in coverage they actually compared McGregor to Sugar Ray and Ali. :icon_lol: Like he said though, he's his own person. He doesn't want to necessarily be compared to all-time greats, even though it's obviously a huge compliment. Clearly just the UFC trying to market him which is cool, though a bit cheesy. And this is coming from one of his biggest fans on here.

haha, yeah, kinda a bit soon to compare him to these legends

but, its gonna help the numbers at least

It is true. It is all about form and movement.

To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is.

"Wu-wei is spontaneous action. - Spontaneous action - of which Nature (Tao) was the grand practitioner. This action of Nature was real action. The second was action taken with design, premeditated, and directed to chosen ends. This, however attractive it might seem, was a forcing of Nature and therefore unreal.

Wu-wei is creative intuition. - The principle of wu-wei is entirely an action of creative intuition, which opens the well-springs WITHIN man. While the action of assertion, man's common tendency, is preconceptual and rational, it cannot penetrate the hidden recesses of creativity. The action of assertion is viewed from the externals of intellection, while the action of non-assertion is activated by the inner light. The former action is limited and finite, the latter free and limitless.

Wu-wei is natural action. - The basic idea of the Tao Te Ching is NATURALISM in the sense of wu-wei (inaction), which really means taking no unnatural action. It means spontaneity; that is, "to support all things in their natural stage" and thus allow them to "transform spontaneously." In this manner Tao "Undertakes no activity and yet there is nothing left undone."

Transcending self-consciousness. - What man has to get over is the consciousness - the consciousness of himself. It is not "I am doing this," but rather an inner realisation that "this is happening through me," or "it is doing this for me." The consciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action.

I do not experience; I am experience. I am not the subject of an experience; I am that experience. I am awareness. Nothing else can be I or can exist.

Yeah I know that's predictable from me. But, I just can't stomach the way Jon moves. And his reactions after being clocked are another topic altogether.

During the weigh-in coverage they actually compared McGregor to Sugar Ray and Ali. :icon_lol: Like he said though, he's his own person. He doesn't want to necessarily be compared to all-time greats, even though it's obviously a huge compliment. Clearly just the UFC trying to market him which is cool, though a bit cheesy. And this is coming from one of his biggest fans on here.

Seriously? They compared him to Sugar Ray and Ali? The UFC is making itself look real stupid on a big platform.... What a fucking joke.

Are you serious????? So what your saying is that because Jones had difficulty while on his way to out landing another fighter with excellent mastery of movement he has no ability to move. That does not make sense. And that fight was razor close, so to say their was a huge discrepancy in movement is disingenuous given that it was a stand up war, in which they both landed big shots.

Jon's movement is observably awkward, his footwork is very poor and he's always plodding around. Gustafsson is the polar opposite of that. Jon also isn't fluid in his lateral and linear movement or when striking, Gustafsson is. This isn't just my opinion it's a fact. You can still be a great fighter without these things but you'll look less aesthetically pleasing to even someone that doesn't know anything about fighting. The first thing that your eyes will notice is how well a fighter moves. Is it lumbering or is it effortless, graceful and smooth? Gustafsson and McGregor are the latter.

Seriously? They compared him to Sugar Ray and Ali? The UFC is making itself look real stupid on a big platform.... What a fucking joke.

Yeah, I'm not joking man. They really did. They're just trying to create even more buzz though. It's desperate and cheesy but they'll do about anything to regain the 40% profit loss from last year at this point.

Back