News Conor: “Tony the most underrated fighter in the UFC”

Now that Tony is old and on the decline, Conor would consider fighting him. That is why he is trying to build him up in the public's mind. It's the same reason why he compliments Nate the journeyman.

Yes, because Conor is known for not taking tough fights lmao

Anybody who knows anything about mma would never say Tony is underrated, saying he was overrated would be a bit more legitimate argument to make and I wouldn't even say that, over confident at times but not overrated.

Yeah, you tell the professional MMA fighter about MMA, random sherdogger lol

Still multiple years younger and more active than Stipe, and you probably think Stipe is underrated.
Stipe is underrated, very underrated. Also age means a lot less at heavyweight than at lightweight obviously. Hes also fighting way better fighters, getting in wars and taking damage so time off makes sense. Best heavyweight champ of all time and all that...

I just said he is more inactive than the guy he was talking about. Stipe has had 2 fights in the past 2 years, maybe that's being active for someone.

More then half of that time DC was champ, and Francis was coming of a loss to himself and Lewis. 2nd part was due to eye injury. This DC bullshit how Stipe should vacate or fight while he was jumping over Francis is becoming old now.

Stipe is underrated, very underrated. Also age means a lot less at heavyweight than at lightweight obviously. Hes also fighting way better fighters, getting in wars and taking damage so time off makes sense. Best heavyweight champ of all time and all that...

While its true that age means less at HW, a part of the reason for that is its weaker competition compared to LW. The fact that Stipe has fought higher ranked fighters doesn't automatically make them more skilled fighters than Ferreira has faced, I hope you understand that. It is a lot more difficult to earn a top5 or 10 or top20 etc.ranking at LW than at HW. The only way to compare them objectively, is to find out how many more times there are active pro LW's globally vs pro HW's. If the answer is 5x, for example (don't know the number, could be less), it would mean that one top50 ranked LW opponent equals one top10 ranked HW opponent. Talent pool is the only possible objective way to compare competitiveness between weightclasses, everything else is subjective and speculative.

So no, Stipe has not fought better fighters, at least you can't say that with any kind of certainty until you actually do the math. He has fought higher ranked fighters, in a weightclass that has much smaller talent pool than at LW.

While its true that age means less at HW, a part of the reason for that is its weaker competition compared to LW. The fact that Stipe has fought higher ranked fighters doesn't automatically make them more skilled fighters than Ferreira has faced, I hope you understand that. It is a lot more difficult to earn a top5 or 10 or top20 etc.ranking at LW than at HW. The only way to compare them objectively, is to find out how many more times there are active pro LW's globally vs pro HW's. If the answer is 5x, for example (don't know the number, could be less), it would mean that one top50 ranked LW opponent equals one top10 ranked HW opponent. Talent pool is the only possible objective way to compare competitiveness between weightclasses, everything else is subjective and speculative.

So no, Stipe has not fought better fighters, at least you can't say that with any kind of certainty until you actually do the math. He has fought higher ranked fighters, in a weightclass that has much smaller talent pool than at LW.
Stipe beat Overeem, Werdum, dos Santos, Ngannou, Cormier, Arlovski....... a who’s who, some of the best fighters ever in the division.

Obviously silly to compare HWs to LWs for a lot of reasons, but nobody will disagree with the fact that stipe faced way better competition than Ferreira. Be real.

Also, the age has less to do with overall talent as it does for the requirement of speed and athleticism at smaller weight classes. The speed and explosiveness is nowhere near the same levels as lightweights and those things are usually the first to go with age.

Then why are all those guy cutting weight and droping down instead going up and cleaning that shity division.

Do you honestly think that 100kg Khabib with that shitty range would be able to take down opponents like he does it in LW. Because let me tell you that without min 100kg he wouldn't be able to do anything with wrestling.

Stipe beat Overeem, Werdum, dos Santos, Ngannou, Cormier, Arlovski....... a who’s who, some of the best fighters ever in the division.

Obviously silly to compare HWs to LWs for a lot of reasons, but nobody will disagree with the fact that stipe faced way better competition than Ferreira. Be real.

It doesn't matter you list some "who's who" list, I just told you why that doesn't make them MORE SKILLED opponents than lower ranked LW's. Ronda Rousey also beat many of the best fighers of her era of her division, that doesn't mean her opponents were better fighters than Ferreira's, they were just higher ranked in that division.

What I tried to explain to you about comparing competitiveness between weightclasses wasn't debatable, its simple math. You can't just ignore it like that. If there is 5 times more competition, it means its 5 times more difficult to reach the top.

Now that Tony is old and on the decline, Conor would consider fighting him. That is why he is trying to build him up in the public's mind. It's the same reason why he compliments Nate the journeyman.

Its exactly this. Tony is the guy who was massacred by Gaethje to the point that he wasnt in control of his own movement. He was tremulating and out on his feet.

He literally looked like a scrub and for his skull smashed in for 25 minutes.

Now Conor decides he might want the Tony fight.

No it doesn’t.

Yes, it is. On average ofc, but that goes without saying. If you are an average player in a poker tournament in a field of 100 players, you win that tournament 5 times more often on average than in a field of 500 players. This shouldn't be difficult to understand at all. Obviously there are some other factors as well, like if the UFC had a known tendency to sign better HW talent on average than LW talent, but that would be really difficult to prove, and it can also be the opposite.

In reality the skill level at HW might be even worse than that, if the theory of other sports stealing the best talent especially when talking about HW sized athletes, holds any weight.

If I wanted to be intellectually dishonest like you, I could just say lets compare their skill level with an eye test. HW's would look really terrible in that comparison, but because I know its impossible for a HW sized fighters move like LW's, I'm not arguing that. You have to learn how to be objective, reality doesn't care about your feelings on Stipe. LW is a lot more competitive than HW, why willingly make yourself look stupid trying to argue on that, just to make Stipe look better, I will never understand that kind of stupidity. Don't bother answering, because I won't read it. You are just incapable of being objective.

He seems bitter.

Yes, it is. On average ofc, but that goes without saying. If you are an average player in a poker tournament in a field of 100 players, you win that tournament 5 times more often on average than in a field of 500 players. This shouldn't be difficult to understand at all. Obviously there are some other factors as well, like if the UFC had a known tendency to sign better HW talent on average than LW talent, but that would be really difficult to prove, and it can also be the opposite.

In reality the skill level at HW might be even worse than that, if the theory of other sports stealing the best talent especially when talking about HW sized athletes, holds any weight.

If I wanted to be intellectually dishonest like you, I could just say lets compare their skill level with an eye test. HW's would look really terrible in that comparison, but because I know its impossible for a HW sized fighters move like LW's, I'm not arguing that. You have to learn how to be objective, reality doesn't care about your feelings on Stipe. LW is a lot more competitive than HW, why willingly make yourself look stupid trying to argue on that, just to make Stipe look better, I will never understand that kind of stupidity. Don't bother answering, because I won't read it. You are just incapable of being objective.
Relativity

Makes perfect sense!

Because he knows he is the most overrated, in comparison with him Tony is underrated. :cool:

Back