News Conor: “Tony the most underrated fighter in the UFC”

I was wondering the same then read he pulled out of drew dober fight because of an arm injury recently

He'll be back soon. It wasn't that serious and I'm pretty sure he's already back to full contact training. I wouldn't be surprised if that fight is re-booked for December.

Define innactive. At least he fought this year, which is more than I can say about a lot of guys. As for Preferring oliveira, oliveira got choked out by weight drained pettis— meanwhile Ferreira choked pettis out. If these two were booked to fight, you'd seriously pick oliveira?
Going back 4 years for that Pettis loss. Those two have gone totally opposite directions in the last 4 years. I think Oliveira‘s current streak and win over Kevin Lee are incredible.

35 is very old for this division and he hasn’t beaten anybody near the top of it in a long time. Actually he never has.

Beating Pettis in 2020 doesn’t do it for me. He looked good but it’s still Pettis. You can say the same about Lee but in 2020 Lee is a better win than Pettis imo and Oliveira looked incredible in that fight.

Would be crazy if it hit the ground

Going back 4 years for that Pettis loss. Those two have gone totally opposite directions in the last 4 years. I think Oliveira‘s current streak and win over Kevin Lee are incredible.

35 is very old for this division and he hasn’t beaten anybody near the top of it in a long time. Actually he never has.

Beating Pettis in 2020 doesn’t do it for me. He looked good but it’s still Pettis. You can say the same about Lee but in 2020 Lee is a better win than Pettis imo and Oliveira looked incredible in that fight.

Would be crazy if it hit the ground

Pettis was even worse back then at FW in my opinion when he beat Do bronx. At least leading up to the fight with ferreira pettis had reasonably recent wins over Wonderboy and chiesa. Taisumov and khabilov were both on 6 fight win streaks in the UFC when ferreira beat them easily. Ferreira's resume is deeper than oliveira's imo, with the exception of Lee, who I don't even think belongs in the top 10 and honestly is around that pettis level. Ferreira looks better than oliveira everywhere to be honest.

Pettis was even worse back then at FW in my opinion when he beat Do bronx. At least leading up to the fight with ferreira pettis had reasonably recent wins over Wonderboy and chiesa. Taisumov and khabilov were both on 6 fight win streaks in the UFC when ferreira beat them easily. Ferreira's resume is deeper than oliveira's imo, with the exception of Lee, who I don't even think belongs in the top 10 and honestly is around that pettis level. Ferreira looks better than oliveira everywhere to be honest.
Ferreira is tough on the ground even for Oliveira but Charles looked amazing on the feet against Lee.

I think looking into their wins past their most recent is kind of splitting hairs.

It wouldn’t be a bad match up right now tbh

ccol, and being the ' anytime, anywhere ' fighter than he maintains he is , we can see him fighting Tony next?..

<Dany07>

Ferreira is tough on the ground even for Oliveira but Charles looked amazing on the feet against Lee.

I think looking into their wins past their most recent is kind of splitting hairs.

It wouldn’t be a bad match up right now tbh

Most people look good striking with Kevin lee. Now knocking david teymur on his ass, that was a good striking accomplishment for Oliveira. Not as good as Ferreira litteraly walking Taisumov down imo, but whatever, we see different things. I just don't understand how people can be impressed with oliveira and not impressed with ferreira, they're very similar fighters except ferreira seems to have much more cardio and prefers boxing rather than muay thai.

They should book this fight.

Lol, McGregor gives another fighter praise.. how dare he!!!! I need to find a way to discredit him, because my fragile ego must view everything through lenses of hate, so I can feel better about myself in comparison.

Last edited:
He knows how good Tony is and that's why he has ducked Tony throughout. Go and fight Tony then and we'll find out whether he is overrated or underrated.

Did he think the question was “overrated” maybe? Tony being underrated is the biggest piece of dump I’ve heard in a long time. Hell, there are people still thinking he could beat Khabib ffs. <Lmaoo>

From a marketing stand point.

Do you think he's up-talking Tony since Khabib haven't mauled him. Then setting up for a fight between him and Tony in the future? If he wins, he'll hype up he beat the man the Khabib never did.

From a marketing stand point.

Do you think he's up-talking Tony since Khabib haven't mauled him. Then setting up for a fight between him and Tony in the future? If he wins, he'll hype up he beat the man the Khabib never did.
That may be true. But right now tony is one of the most underrated fighters, everyone thinks he's a bum because he lost one fight.

how is it an excuse to say the former interim champ is underrated? what?

In suggesting that Tony is waaaaaaay better than he has ever been given credit for Conor is elevating him to a position that would make Conor the underdog in the fight.

Thus if Conor wins he has beaten a living legend spring boarding himself higher still but should he lose to Tony then Conor was facing unbelievable odds that joe public wasn't aware of because Tony is the true champion of 155 belt or no belt.

Conor - Good fighter, better publicist and (self) promoter.

In the past I'd agree with him that Tony is underrated, but currently I'd have to disagree. He just fought the top contender for that number 1 spot, and is currently ranked number 3 contender in his division right now, so he is rated exactly where he should be, literally.

Remember this is Conor we are talking about, it isn't what is correct and truthful that he cares about, it is what he can make people believe that matters.

Now that Tony is old and on the decline, Conor would consider fighting him. That is why he is trying to build him up in the public's mind. It's the same reason why he compliments Nate the journeyman.

<seedat>

Tony Ferguson vs Conor McGregor could be a fight of the year candidate

I can see Tony taking a gigantic amount of damage but not getting finished

It's a 50/50 fight to me, I hope it happens next year

Would watch the ever-living shit out of McG vs Cucuy.

100%, Pure

SyChQfM.gif

That would be too much violence

He is underrated in the sense that Tony should have held the undisputed championship instead of just an interim, and it was wrongly stripped from him.

It's bullshit that conor never wanted unify. Would've been a great fight.

Guy's last win at LW was 4 years ago and he has the nerve to bitch about "the business of recency" lol

Back