Media Conor’s new watch (video)

? Frankly I'll take the word of the store owner who has 8 Hublot franchise locations in Canada. I've talked to him frequently when he's at my partner's store location. He's been in watches for 25 years and recently opened stores in Dubai and London.

It might shock you, but the premium watchmakers lie through their teeth to the public about what actually goes into their watches. Rolex and Tag/Tissot/Swatch are not immune to this either.

Several of the brands have been involved in lawsuits over the years because they have sold their own brands as "knock offs" indirectly through distributors with no factory warranty (Amazon for example).
but we aren't talking about "knock offs". we are talking about hublot watches from hublot authorized distributors.

you're not at least backing off your statement that they use casio mechanisms?

again, they make in house movements. they have lots of open casebacks and lots of skeletonized dials. you can see their movements. i haven't seen any claims online that they use inferior parts or make false claims.
https://hauteliving.com/2017/11/high-tech-hublot-unico-chronograph-movement/650701/

you're trying to push them off as if they are invicta. they aren't. they make legitimate timepieces. with in house movements. and you can see that in the finishing of the pieces. it's not a lange for sure.

edit: and i'm not trying to be an argumentative dick......

Last edited:
but we aren't talking about "knock offs". we are talking about hublot watches from hublot authorized distributors.

you're not at least backing off your statement that they use casio mechanisms?

again, they make in house movements. they have lots of open casebacks and lots of skeletonized dials. you can see their movements. i haven't seen any claims online that they use inferior parts or make false claims.
https://hauteliving.com/2017/11/high-tech-hublot-unico-chronograph-movement/650701/

you're trying to push them off as if they are invicta. they aren't. they make legitimate timepieces. with in house movements. and you can see that in the finishing of the pieces. it's not a lange for sure.

edit: and i'm not trying to be an argumentative dick......

Nor am I. I've always been a watch guy but never had any interest in Hublot design as well as them being vastly overpriced.

I own Tags', Omega's and bought a Brietling at the start of this year.

That said, my partner's boss owns the hublot service and repair center in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.

Open face doesn't mean anything. There are watch component makers that make OEM stuff for other brands all the time and put whatever logo on them they want.

I guess he could have been lying to me but I can't fathom why. His was the first company to get a Hublot franchise in Canada. If he says they are not good quality and have a third party make a lot of their mechanisms, I tend to believe him.

Nor am I. I've always been a watch guy but never had any interest in Hublot design as well as them being vastly overpriced.

I own Tags', Omega's and bought a Brietling at the start of this year.

That said, my partner's boss owns the hublot service and repair center in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.

Open face doesn't mean anything. There are watch component makers that make OEM stuff for other brands all the time and put whatever logo on them they want.

I guess he could have been lying to me but I can't fathom why. His was the first company to get a Hublot franchise in Canada. If he says they are not good quality and have a third party make a lot of their mechanisms, I tend to believe him.
you can see the parts. the finishing. the details.

and again, they used to use a base ETA movement in some of their models but moved all of their movements in house. that doesn't mean their quality is the best, but they aren't using third party movements.

read the links for obviously more details and more informed perspectives than mine.

i shied away from hublot ultimately and ended up with a Grand Seiko in 2020. i already had a UN and a panerai.

What makes them £100000, again, besides idiocy?
peoples willingness to spend 100k.....

they do require expertise and lots of time to create. they are complex machines with no batteries or electricity. you can be stranded in a desert or jungle and always know what time and day it is! :) long after your phone has run out of battery.

peoples willingness to spend 100k.....

they do require expertise and lots of time to create. they are complex machines with no batteries or electricity. you can be stranded in a desert or jungle and always know what time and day it is! :) long after your phone has run out of battery.
Aw shit, i better get rid of my battery propelled watch!
Don't automatic watches start at hundred(s) dollarz, anyway?

Aw shit, i better get rid of my battery propelled watch!
Don't automatic watches start at hundred(s) dollarz, anyway?
yes, there are cheap automatic watches too. i guess you don't NEED to spend 100k.....

Wood of went with a niceTapOut timepiece
With a custom GSP strap

<Goldie11>

71hubIPMVTL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Georges-St-Pierre-UFC_grande.jpg

@kflo
thats actually a pretty good point. You may be correct about the Jacob&Co value retention as I’m looking at Chrono24 now as well. Still I’ve always liked these watches (not that I’d ever wear one personally) but having a Solar System on your wrist can have some allure to it for the right consumer. With that said check out my Friday timepiece It’s fine up 15k in value since my purchase:
Peep the post it

Time for some Cocoa butter

@kflo
thats actually a pretty good point. You may be correct about the Jacob&Co value retention as I’m looking at Chrono24 now as well. Still I’ve always liked these watches (not that I’d ever wear one personally) but having a Solar System on your wrist can have some allure to it for the right consumer. With that said check out my Friday timepiece It’s fine up 15k in value since my purchase:
Peep the post it
nice! yeah, some watches you just get lucky and they jump in value (of course that chance does vary greatly by brand). and of course, it's a noticeable watch. some patek's and APs also went up crazy.

and yeah, i love the astronomia to look at. can't imagine actually wearing it without having billionaire money. seems like its begging to be bumped into things.....

Back