Conor’s game plan to mentally defeating Khabib.

The one surefire way of triggering Khabib would be to attack his religion. That's what I would definitely do if I were him.
But Khabib is a Muslim.. if Conor goes after Islam he will feel the wrath of a billion plus people and will be threatened for the rest of his life.. there would be riots and people calling for him to be beheaded.

Conor is not shy to jump into subjects some might avoid.

A quick google search will explain how Dagestan and Russia don’t have the best relationship. Some Dagestani’s don’t consider themselves Russian. Some Russian’s don’t consider people from Dagestan Russian. I’m no expert in the subject, please do the research for yourself, but I was always curious to see if McGregor was going to dig into this.

He is a smart man, bringing up a subject of tension is a great way to get his opponent emotional. He can twist this in many ways.

FYI, Khabib has a glaring Dagestan accent when he speaks Russian. It’s the same as GSP thanking Canada in English.
Ireland has the North and South so kettle meet the pot?

This isn't young hungry Conor that was making Aldo rage out. He will keep doing his usual Ric Flair imitation and shout things like "fook you", "I'll bounce your head off the canvas" and lots of random yelling. Conor hasn't been a good shit talker since the Aldo fight
FTFY
Woooooo!
tenor.gif

Khabib trains with lions, tigers, and bears. What the hell is a 5'9 Irishmen going to say to put fear into Khabib's heart?

Mention muhammad or allah and Khabib will charge face first into Conor's left.

But then the 2 billion "moderates" will be in eternal bloodfeud with McGregor. Vast majority are lousy fighters though, I reckon Conor could take out about a billion before gassing and getting overwhelmed.

I don't think some Irish loudmouth can do anything throw off a Dagie mountain man off his game.

Khabib is a stone cold killer.

If anything Conor is just setting himself to get tortured for 25 minutes.
I would be very surprised if this goes 25 minutes.

Mental warfare won't work on Khabib.

Conor will hold his ground and maintain aggression and confidence but he isn't "getting in Khabibs head" and Conor stands to make himself look bad if he spends to much effort failing in attempt to do so.

The dolly incident is a perfect example. Khabib's reply was simple. "Just tell me location (to meet you)" and he was calm and composed when he said it.

Khabib trains with lions, tigers, and bears. What the hell is a 5'9 Irishmen going to say to put fear into Khabib's heart?

Train with a female that doesn't cover her hair?

lol Conor fans literally think a witty enough press conference insult will improve Conor's TDD

No wonder these people feel no shame for all the "Conor will KO Floyd" talk. Literally the only fanbase to make 2009-era Brock fans look educated about the fight game.

Khabib seems mentally strong and focused imo. But if, and I do mean if, McGregor brings his A game and starts talking about KOing Mohammed or something, he might get a reaction.

Kabob will def get emotion if mcjoker get into religion and pride of his country.

Conor is a dead man if he talks about religion.
and he knows that 2

Conor mentally crippled Jose Aldo in a way
Conor mentally crippled Jose Aldo in a way nobody has ever been able to and Aldo doesn't even speak English.

His trash talk is like black magic, I won't be surprised if he manages to shook Khabib.

nobody has ever been able to and Aldo doesn't even speak English.

His trash talk is like black magic, I won't be surprised if he manages to shook Khabib.
He sure did mentaly destroy Jose. But Brasilians are highly emotional. In victories as well as defeats. That what makes them great as humans. That's why brasilian girls are the best lovers. It's not the best atribute for fighting or any sport in that matter, specialy if something don't go their way and they need to concentrate. Russians, Scandinavians and Jappanese are the complete opposite. They can keep their head cool and concentrate. Conor will not mentaly break Khabib. Khabib will not even try to mentaly break Conor in the lead up to the fight. But he will break Conor when the cage close.

Back