Conor’s career if 2 things haven’t happened

I wonder how things would of played out if Conor never got a TS vs Eddie at 155.

Imagine if he rematched Aldo and continued fighting at FW.
With the IV rule I don't think he can make FW. He looked like Skeleton Conor at the weigh-ins.

Imagine if Conor actually lost the Diaz rematch via split decision. It was a close fight so totally realistic. He would have been 0-2 outside FW, would have never gotten a LW title shot, would have stayed at FW until he killed himself with the extreme cut and finally lost. There would be no champ-champ, no Floyd, no Proper 12, nuttin'.

Conor's entire career was dependent on winning 3 rounds against a weed-smoking gatekeeper - and he barely did it.

I think it all works out more or less the same.

When McGregor lost to Nate, a lot of people said (after the fight, because everyone thought he'd leg kick his way to an easy win) that it was a huge risky move for McGregor because losing to Nate would destroy his name value. People still say that to this day, and yet we know that it didn't destroy his name value at all. Even without the Nate rematch, Conor just keeps going, people keep paying to see him, and the UFC do what they can to keep him high in the rankings if not in title fights.

There's no way for him to lose value at this point, in the cage at least. Even his losses can be glossed over with "He doesn't lose, he learns", or "Yeah, but look how much money he made." There's nothing really at stake.

I think it all works out more or less the same.

When McGregor lost to Nate, a lot of people said (after the fight, because everyone thought he'd leg kick his way to an easy win) that it was a huge risky move for McGregor because losing to Nate would destroy his name value. People still say that to this day, and yet we know that it didn't destroy his name value at all. Even without the Nate rematch, Conor just keeps going, people keep paying to see him, and the UFC do what they can to keep him high in the rankings if not in title fights.

There's no way for him to lose value at this point, in the cage at least. Even his losses can be glossed over with "He doesn't lose, he learns", or "Yeah, but look how much money he made." There's nothing really at stake.
Umad. Lmao

Silva's career if the leg injury wouldn't have happened
GSP's career if he wouldn't have retired
Jones' career if he wouldn't have get caught doing turinabol & cocaine
Fedor's career if he had signed with UFC

It's pretty stupid to think Conor wouldn't have had success against RDA or Aldo if it had happened when they were supposed to.

RDA is rugged but gets wobbled easy. Conor for sure could have won that fight. He might have been a big FW but he is a small WW. He had no business fighting there either.

He'd eventually have to fight the Eagle and I doubt things would go any different no matter when it happened. Aside from catching him early with a left, Nurg has his number just like he has everyone else's.

if nate never KOed him?
znJCnc9.gif

if khabib never KOed him?
tumblr_inline_pg7ps2nmbV1r6jb6k_540.gif

Aldo doesn’t pull out and neither does RDA.

July 2015 - Aldo
December 2015 - RDA (instead of Cowboy)
Summer 2016 - Floyd??
2017 - ??

I reckon Connor takes lightweight RDA. That first round against Nate would have finished most fighters. RDA can be a bit Chiny when cutting weight and pressured back. If RDA survived the first round he would have finished Connor exactly the same as Nate did though.

Sure, RDA might have beaten him but we have the reality of a very wealthy 2 weight world champ. Happy days.

Fuck that, if he where efficient with his energy and never got injured, he'd be undisputed goat.

It's pretty stupid to think Conor wouldn't have had success against RDA or Aldo if it had happened when they were supposed to.

RDA is rugged but gets wobbled easy. Conor for sure could have won that fight. He might have been a big FW but he is a small WW. He had no business fighting there either.

He'd eventually have to fight the Eagle and I doubt things would go any different no matter when it happened. Aside from catching him early with a left, Nurg has his number just like he has everyone else's.
He's small for 170 but not that small

Woodley and him have "virtually identical" height/reach....it'd just be a matter of adding the right type of mass and if he could stay relatively the same as far as speed/quickness/explosiveness.

The wrestlers at 170 would ruin any chance at success, not necessarily his frame

Yea right

Conor beats 99% of these Lightweights, no doubt. Ferguson, Cowboy, Al, Barboza, etc. I don't see these guys troubling Conor. Tony could, but I'd still bet the farm on McGregor knocking him out. He already destroyed Alvarez. And we know he could beat Poirier and Diaz too, he did it in different weight classes.
Conor is a Diaz level fighter. Beats 99% of the LWs... lol

July 2015 - Aldo
Summer 2016 - Floyd??
2017 - ??

Pretty weird to obsess over the past of a fighters history hoping for a worse outcome.

You could do that with every fighter.

Sadly I think he beats Aldo no matter what. I think RDA would have beat him though. Which would have meant no epic paydays for my boy Nate. So for once I'll take reality over fantasy.

With the IV rule I don't think he can make FW. He looked like Skeleton Conor at the weigh-ins.
Wasn't the IV ban in place starting with the amended fight? And definitely during the Aldo fight. He looked much healthier against Aldo imo.

Conor’s MMA career would have been seen continuing success if he didn’t fight Floyd. He lost focus on mma and it drove him to other things.

But it worked out for him and he’s doing just fine.

July 2015 - Aldo
Summer 2016 - Floyd??
2017 - ??
If Aldo didn't pull out, he'd of fought an injured Conor and probably TKO'd him in the third round.

If RDA didn't pull out, he'd have murked Conor. Terrible style fight for McGregor, I said it at the time.

Losing to RDA would of been understandable, but losing to 11 loss Nate Diaz on two weeks notice totally ruined the McGregor mystique.

Back