Conor’s career if 2 things haven’t happened

Josh Koshercheck

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Aldo doesn’t pull out and neither does RDA.

July 2015 - Aldo
December 2015 - RDA (instead of Cowboy)
Summer 2016 - Floyd??
2017 - ??

I wonder what Conor will have to do to redeem himself to a respectable state.

I don't understand what you're asking...

giphy.gif

Aldo doesn’t pull out and neither does RDA.

July 2015 - Aldo
December 2015 - RDA (instead of Cowboy)
Summer 2016 - Floyd??
2017 - ??

this one is easy with out the rda injury there no nate diaz fights. that lead to ufc 205 that lead to floyd freak show lead to proper 12 and holding ufc hostage like he does..

here the truth if rda makes it to fight day and beats him there in no conor we see now.

Conor lose to RDA and he never becomes double champ. He moves back down to FW and Nate stays pouty.

He may have defended the title against Edgar in late 2015. The only reason he didn't fight him at UFC 196 after RDA pulled out was because he had a rib injury, so maybe it wouldn't have happened in late '15 either, but who knows.

If not Edgar, then obviously he and RDA would have gotten it on instead. The Mayweather fight would have probably happened a year earlier than it did.

I got a better scenario.

Imagine Conor fighting at LW, his true weight class since the beginning........he would never had been champ...too hard, there's a reason why he chose to fight small manlets @ featherweight.

He loses to RDA, never has the Mayweather fight and still does well in mma as a solid top 10 guy and maybe GSP level ppv draw.

I got a better scenario.

Imagine Conor fighting at LW, his true weight class since the beginning........he would never had been champ...too hard, there's a reason why he chose to fight small manlets @ featherweight.

Yea right

Conor beats 99% of these Lightweights, no doubt. Ferguson, Cowboy, Al, Barboza, etc. I don't see these guys troubling Conor. Tony could, but I'd still bet the farm on McGregor knocking him out. He already destroyed Alvarez. And we know he could beat Poirier and Diaz too, he did it in different weight classes.

He would have beaten Aldo either way. RDA on the other hand would have been a tough fight.

A better what if is. What if Khabib didn't have that 2 year run of injuries from 2014 to 2016?

There would have been no champ champ or superfights just Conor trying to defend at 145 for as long as he could keep making weight.

If Aldo didnt have a training partner break his rib it might have been a whole different fight. If he still lost the belt, Mendes or Edgar would probably have taken it from Conor given what we know now about his wrestling/grappling and gas tank. Also, it seems with USADA and the IV rule, Conor couldnt make the cut to FW anymore.

If he fought RDA, he would have gotten kicked in his bum knees and taken down.

Last edited:
I wonder how things would of played out if Conor never got a TS vs Eddie at 155.

Imagine if he rematched Aldo and continued fighting at FW.

styles makes fights, you never know till it happens, whos to say he wouldn't have starched rda, i mean this is silly to even speculate.

I got a better scenario.

If fighters fought at their "true weight class" the divisions would look practically identical, just one weight up. There would literally be two or three fighters per division not moving.

If fighters fought at their "true weight class" the divisions would look practically identical, just one weight up. There would literally be two or three fighters per division not moving.
Conor was way bigger than most featherweights he faced...It's obvious as fuck that he was cutting way too much weight and his frame was for LW.

He is a normal sized LW who could cut to FW.

Back