Conor’s 155 Power/Dustin’s Chin

Dustin's Achilles's heel has always been his chin. Look at 2 of his last 3 losses.
McGregor - 1st round TKO
MJ - 1st round KO
Khabib - 3rd round sub

Obviously Conor is powerful, but at 155 and above have we seen real evidence of it being one punch KO power?

I’m thinking about this cause there seems to be a lot of talk of Dustin getting caught early and put out like he was last time. When you look at it though Conor hasn’t slept anybody with one shot above 145.

Cowboy was shot and couldn’t really have managed a worse performance if he had tried so we’ll put that to one side. (Even then it wasn’t as such a one punch KO)

Nate took his power in both fights (ok it’s Nate so hard to tell but Masvidal definetly hurt him worse)

Khabib took a few shots telegraphed and it didn’t rock him (Conor was shot after the round 1 tho)

Even Eddie got knocked down and got back up several times before the stoppage (Another monster chin)

Dustin has a good chin at 155, he’s taken huge shots off the divisions biggest hitters and won.

Are we generally overestimating how dire it will be for him if he does take shots early? Is it possible Conor by TKO rnds 1/2 (still my pick) is overpriced?

Conor's main weapon is the left straights he throws.... straights not hooks, not overhands, so its not rocket science to work out that at that weight they are more likely to drop someone than put them out.

Quick question bros..

Is it possible to strengthen a chin without surgery or whatever? I remember watching overeem train his head by doing weights with his neck. Not sure if that actually works though.

didn't dustin diamond get dropped by max holloway?

conor didn't even touch his chin last time, he hurt him with a punch to the back of the head
if conor were to land clean, i'm scared dustin would die on the spot
hope they have decent hospitals in that tent they're fighting in

I always laugh when people say Conor has no power after round 2 for failing to knock out Holloway, Nate, Floyd, or Khabib, the only guys he's fought past round 2, who have combined... 1 KO loss in 139 fights.

Like, you can't just ignore the legendary chins of the guys he's not stopping lol.
Right. You know me. I'm not a Conor fan but the guy objectively has good power. He won't put you out in one shot but once he smells blood he is a hell of a finisher

didn't dustin diamond get dropped by max holloway?

conor didn't even touch his chin last time, he hurt him with a punch to the back of the head
if conor were to land clean, i'm scared dustin would die on the spot
hope they have decent hospitals in that tent they're fighting in
Max did not drop him

dustin wont be able to take many of conors shots

to beat conor you have to be able to take his shots ex. nate diaz avoid his shots ex. kabib and floyd or come in with a different fight stye avoid exchanging leg and body kicks wrestling

sadly i dont think dustin has nates chin he defiantly hasnt should us thats hes hard to hit he only hope if he cant take the shots is to avoid the fight till conor losses some pop

Conor is not and hasn't ever been a 1 punch KO guy. He has solid power but hes not a Rumble or Nagganou type puncher as he is more about placement and timing.

he landed clean, khabib didn't give two shit.
UFC-229-Conor-McGregor-Khabib-Nurmagomedov-analyse.jpg

Conor is pillow fisted compared to Abdulmanap, being the only individual to smash Khabib.
Where's the clean hit? Certainly not that pic

Right. You know me. I'm not a Conor fan but the guy objectively has good power. He won't put you out in one shot but once he smells blood he is a hell of a finisher

Yeah, I've always said he overwhelms people. He definitely hits hard, but it's the follow up punches coming down the barrel that does the job. Punch 1-2 stuns you, then 3-4 drops you as you're already compromised and don't see them coming as well.

Honestly 1-shotting Aldo was probably the worst thing that could've happened to Conor as he legitimately came to believe he was more of a 1 shot guy. I mean after doing it to the FW GOAT in 13 seconds I don't blame him, but that definitely cost him Nate I as he was too busy looking for a home run again, and then in Nate II the inverse happened where he was too worried about following up on his successes to go after them. It ruined his style for awhile. By Eddie he'd corrected himself and there was always 4 punches lined up at a time, but there were still flashes against Floyd, Khabib, and Cerrone looking for too big of single strikes.

He needs to throw with bad intentions yes, but he needs punches 2-4 lined up when he goes for it. That's always been where his success comes from as his finishing instinct is second to none.

Conor has ridiculous power at 145 and 155lb division, in the first 2-3 rounds. Does he have the highest pure power when it comes to punches in those division? idk.

But if you factor in power, accuracy, timing, and speed he is the best and hardest puncher at FW and LW, at least in the first 2-3 rounds. Most people in those divisions cannot survive past the 1 or 2 rounds against him.

max dropped him and had dustin begging for mercy
giphy.gif

just imagine what charitable conor will do
Lol begging for mercy? He circled out and proceeded to beat the piss out of Max.

He clipped Dustin on the way but he didn't go down. Catches his balance, recovers, and dominates the fight.

lmao at the nuthuggers trying desperately to defend conor.

Lol at this thread, all speculation we will se whats up later tonight.

It's not conors power so much as his accuracy.. he just finds peoples chins again and again.

I severely doubt Poirier goes out cold.

If Conor wins via TKO in first 2 rounds as many predict, itll be a couple clean hits that puts him on his butt and Conor following up with just about anything will have it stopped.

No, it's Gaethje dammit. The guy that fought both McGregor and Gaethje don't know it but these McGregor haters know it. So the hardest hitting puncher is Gaethje.

This guy TKOs people, when Gaethje knocks people out they don't fuckin' move.
That honestly doesn't prove much, Gaethje isn't a knockout artist either. He relies on pressure and overwhelming an opponent. Him not mentioning Michael Johnson is a bigger statement imo.

yep either loses, or barely win ( some thought he lost ) a decision against 0.5 caliber fighter
Diaz was literally ranked #4 at lightweight and looked better than ever vs MJ who was top 5 and beat barboza and Dustin aswell as Tony
Diaz isn't elite but hes very underrated on here.

TLDR

I assume you said Conor KOs Dustin and you are likely right! But it’s mma anything can happen

Back