Conor’s 155 Power/Dustin’s Chin

Obviously Conor is powerful, but at 155 and above have we seen real evidence of it being one punch KO power?

I’m thinking about this cause there seems to be a lot of talk of Dustin getting caught early and put out like he was last time. When you look at it though Conor hasn’t slept anybody with one shot above 145.

Cowboy was shot and couldn’t really have managed a worse performance if he had tried so we’ll put that to one side. (Even then it wasn’t as such a one punch KO)

Nate took his power in both fights (ok it’s Nate so hard to tell but Masvidal definetly hurt him worse)

Khabib took a few shots telegraphed and it didn’t rock him (Conor was shot after the round 1 tho)

Even Eddie got knocked down and got back up several times before the stoppage (Another monster chin)

Dustin has a good chin at 155, he’s taken huge shots off the divisions biggest hitters and won.

Are we generally overestimating how dire it will be for him if he does take shots early? Is it possible Conor by TKO rnds 1/2 (still my pick) is overpriced?

The only people McGregor hasn't KO/TKO'd in the UFC are Nate Diaz (x2) and Max Holloway. (and Khabib obviously)

A mexican and a hawaiian with notoriously good chins. The latter on a torn ACL.

He KO'd Alvarez early in the 2nd I believe, and obliterated Cerrone at 170 within 20 seconds or so - as someone on the front page mentioned. So to question his power at 155...idk, I don't think it's justified. If he can't put Porier away at 155, a man he could at 145 after landing clean shots tonight (if this happens) then sure.

Conor can only knock you out if you don't see the punch or get countered coming in. He isn't that powerful, he has just a good ability to deliver his power.

The key thing here is the Conor nuthuggers seem to think "da left hand" is the hardest punch in the history of the universe.

literally no one thinks that. Conors whole "thing" is "timing beats speed, precision beats power"

he hits hard because hes a master of timing and placement. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of his fans realize that and don't think hes a LW Ngannou, leave the hyperbole.

Conor was never a 1 punch ko guy, other than Aldo and Buchinger he hasn't KOED anyone since his joining cage warriors, as Stepehns said "he TKOS people" Dustin can be TKOed but he wont be stiff.
Conor rocked Aldo, it was BJM knee that KO'd Aldo for good measure.

literally no one thinks that. Conors whole "thing" is "timing beats speed, precision beats power"

he hits hard because hes a master of timing and placement. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of his fans realize that and don't think hes a LW Ngannou, leave the hyperbole.

@BtSports Justin tkos people when Conor knocks people out they don’t fuckin move

Really? In this very thread you have people spouting absolute nonsense like this nuthugger above.

As I said, people still have this absurd perception that he's a lightweight Ngannou.

The reality is he's always been more about accuracy/timing/reach, his core power is nothing to write home about. Even against Aldo, he literally ran into a well placed well timed counter.

He couldn't even KO a local amateur boxer or an old man at a bar with sucker punches :D

@FlowchartRog

just for giggles

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

@FlowchartRog lmao he knocked out Aldo not just by timing but pure power. He is a knock out artist whether you like it or not.

He threw a glass at the old man, he never punched him.

Max Holloway hurt Poirier, Poirier said himself that he was hurt by Holloway and had to dig deep mentally un order to not just fold in there. Conor dropped Nate 3x at 170 and dropped Eddie 3 or 4x at 155. If Poirier got hurt by Max then he's going to be in trouble if Conor connects. Also besides the Aldo fight where aldo rushed in and left himself open we haven't seen much 1 shot ko power from Conor at 145 either. He doesn't need 1 shot ko power he just needs to hurt Dustin and picks his shots perfectly to get the finish. Conor is super good at finishing people once he has them even a little bit hurt.

From the horse's mouth ...

The rest of you come back to me when you have sparred Conor.
{<BJPeen}

From the horse's mouth ...

The rest of you come back to me when you have sparred Conor.
{<BJPeen}

No, it's Gaethje dammit. The guy that fought both McGregor and Gaethje don't know it but these McGregor haters know it. So the hardest hitting puncher is Gaethje.

This guy TKOs people, when Gaethje knocks people out they don't fuckin' move.

Conor fans should pray that Dustin cant take the left. Cause if he does..... Conor will be chasing Dustin around for a rematch and not Habib...

No, it's Gaethje dammit. The guy that fought both McGregor and Gaethje don't know it but these McGregor haters know it. So the hardest hitting puncher is Gaethje.

I know, lol.
Some sad sacks posting unsubstantiated gibberish on these threads.

I think that's a stretch tbh, I mean based on what?

In his only boxing match against a 40 year old former 140 pounder, "da left hand" literally looked like a pea shooter.

Even if you ignore that, what has he done at 155 since joining the UFC? Beat Alvarez. The same Alvarez who was a completely shook manlet, looked like he didn't even want to be there, and went on to get demolished even easier in One FC.

I think the Nate, Floyd and Kebab fights are more accurate judges of his power at 155+. As in, it aint great. He has excellent reach and good accuracy, but he's not even close to being the explosive 1 punch puncher people make him out to be. Tbh it's fucking weird he still gets talked about like that, given what we've seen recently.
Nate, Khabib, and Floyd also have legendary chins. Unfair to judge him based on a guy know. For his durability and 2 guys who have barely been hit clean across their careers.

Like I said he doesn't have one punch power. Hes always gotten TKOs by jumping on guys while their hurt and not letting up. But he definitely has power that can finish you if you're not careful

**Conor scores 9 knockdowns and knocks down everybody but Khbib after moving up from FW**

Sherdog: CoNoR dOeSn'T hAvE pOwEr AnYmOrE

Nate, Khabib, and Floyd also have legendary chins. Unfair to judge him based on a guy know. For his durability and 2 guys who have barely been hit clean across their careers.

I always laugh when people say Conor has no power after round 2 for failing to knock out Holloway, Nate, Floyd, or Khabib, the only guys he's fought past round 2, who have combined... 1 KO loss in 139 fights.

Like, you can't just ignore the legendary chins of the guys he's not stopping lol.

Back