Connor's Lack of Media Moved my Needle

deev

Judoka
@purple
Reaction score
Connor has done next to no PR and is refusing any UFC requests for him to do so, allegedly, he's hiding himself away in camp in Ireland. He's not running his mouth, he's not taking every opportunity to turn up in a mink coat and act like a jackass.

The UFC are a bit pissed as the buzz for this fight isn't a huge as it should be thus far but...

Is Connor all shook up? He knows hes up against it this time, if Khabib gets a right underhook, he's done, that's literally all he needs, one right underhook and Conner is going for a ride and not getting back up. As it stands Connor doesn't have the skill to avoid that happening once they're in a clinch and certainly doesn't have the durability to resist a Nurmagamedov onslaught on the deck.

But if he is taking the Dagastani bear grappler as a more dangerous opponent than those in the past then Connor training his arse off is interesting. There's no way he will ever learn to out wrestle Khabib, not going to happen, he can maybe learn to stuff a right underhook though or how to escape quickly from the hip toss that'll come after and if he can learn that then he can maybe, maybe, just maybe, make it a boxing match with a frustrated Khabib panic wrestling.

I've gone from 100% Khabib to 70-30 Khabib but I still lean towards it being basically a re run of Dan Hardy vs GSP. Connor knows he's really up against it here and while I have a soft spot for Khabib and his style there's a part of me thats starting to say "you know...that Irish guy has done some mad shit in the past and surprised me...maybe..."

If he can't take a couple hours to do a fucking interview to promote his own fight that he makes money on, then he's overtraining, stressed out and Khabib is living in his head rent free.

The truth is he has been shook by Khabib for years and even took a 3.5 million dollar paycut against Eddie to avoid him. He had to train his horrendous tdd for two years in hiding and he'll still get ragdolled.

I realize this news will upset Conor's fangirls, but don't tell me Conman cares about anything more than money.

Edit to add for everyone saying this bullshit: Ariel Confirming it.

Last edited:
joe rogan was bringing it up today. apparently he doesnt want to do any media at all , just weigh in and fight.

My conspiracy theory is that this fight was a part of the fallout from the New York incident. IE the UFC agreed to go light as possible and put out us much as the fire as they could on their end if he agreed to fight. So he accepted that and doesn't really give a shit to promote it since he is doing it mainly to lessen the blow of that incident.

Needle dick! Needle dick!
Ah good old sherdog. Here is a picture of Jim Wallhead gazing lovingly into my eyes after he beat Frank Trigg you absolute nobody.
maxresdefault.jpg

He knows he's going to lose and he doesn't want people tuning in. If Khabob gets hurt before it happens, then he will speak up and taunt.

I think he will do better on the deck than you expect... People forget that SBG is a hardcore grappling gym. Look who started it and who he trained (Matt Thornton). John Kavanagh was Irelands first black belt, for fucks sake....

Conor came in boxing, but that was years ago... I bet this is the fight he wants to prove his grappling with.

What we have here is a wrestler vs. a submission wrestler/boxer. If I was a betting person, i know who my money would be on..............

If he can't take a couple hours to do a fucking interview to promote his own fight that he makes money on, then he's overtraining, stressed out and Khabib is living in his head rent free.

The truth is he has been shook by Khabib for years and even took a 3.5 million dollar paycut against Eddie to avoid him.

You delusional obsessed man-child.

Eddie had the title, Khabib did not.

He has wanted to replicate his accomplishments in Cage warriors and has said so since he joined the UFC.

Also if you believe that Conor would of made more money from fighting khabib at that specific time, you're even dumber than you pretend to be. He became 2 weight world champion, made history and significantly increased his stock. At that specific time khabib was coming off a win against Darrell Horcher... DARRELL HORCHER... The ONLY significant win he had up to that point was RDA in 2014.. Conor was making the best decision for his career, legacy and wallet... You're fucking retarded.

Fuck you are the worst troll on sherdog.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen Khabib do a thing to promote this fight? If Khabib was doing a ton of interviews and media then I can see why ppl would be dumping on Conor. But the guy couldn’t even be bothered to trade barbs with Conor on social media. Conor resorted to taking a poke at Floyd and the back and forth was covered by ESPN and other media ... millions of $ of free promotion for the UFC. Not to mention the dolly throw. How many millions of $ of promotion was that worth?

The truth is he has been shook by Khabib for years and even took a 3.5 million dollar paycut against Eddie to avoid him.

In the video you linked Khabib said he doesn't care about getting paid to fight Conor.

Then after he became champion he said he renegotiated his contract because the UFC must pay him big money for the Conor fight.

This just proves Khabib is a liar and if you're a Muslim and you lie you go to hell.

Dude, you know that no matter how many times you post about Khabib destroying McGregor it doesn't make it any more likely to happen, right? Respect for putting in that work tho, you've been working overtime.

People seem to be mistaking this thing as a fight. It's not a fight, and there is zero point in promoting something that isn't a fight. This isn't about making money. This is about doing what's right, and what needs to be done.

Connor has done next to no PR and is refusing any UFC requests for him to do so, allegedly, he's hiding himself away in camp in Ireland. He's not running his mouth, he's not taking every opportunity to turn up in a mink coat and act like a jackass.

The UFC are a bit pissed as the buzz for this fight isn't a huge as it should be thus far but...

Is Connor all shook up? He knows hes up against it this time, if Khabib gets a right underhook, he's done, that's literally all he needs, one right underhook and Conner is going for a ride and not getting back up. As it stands Connor doesn't have the skill to avoid that happening once they're in a clinch and certainly doesn't have the durability to resist a Nurmagamedov onslaught on the deck.

But if he is taking the Dagastani bear grappler as a more dangerous opponent than those in the past then Connor training his arse off is interesting. There's no way he will ever learn to out wrestle Khabib, not going to happen, he can maybe learn to stuff a right underhook though or how to escape quickly from the hip toss that'll come after and if he can learn that then he can maybe, maybe, just maybe, make it a boxing match with a frustrated Khabib panic wrestling.

I've gone from 100% Khabib to 70-30 Khabib but I still lean towards it being basically a re run of Dan Hardy vs GSP. Connor knows he's really up against it here and while I have a soft spot for Khabib and his style there's a part of me thats starting to say "you know...that Irish guy has done some mad shit in the past and surprised me...maybe..."
The GSP/Hardy comparison is terrible

GSP is 10x the striker Khabib is
Conor is 10x the striker Hardy is
And Conor is probably a better grappler than Hardy as well

In the video you linked Khabib said he doesn't care about getting paid to fight Conor.

Then after he became champion he said he renegotiated his contract because the UFC must pay him big money for the Conor fight.

This just proves Khabib is a liar and if you're a Muslim and you lie you go to hell.

Allah is coming.

He’s so shook he signed to fight him.

Stupid, stupid fucking narrative

I know you're a troll but if it takes more than 15 seconds of thinking to figure out why the Alvarez fight was the fight to make, anyone reading is a Moran

Has anyone seen Khabib do a thing to promote this fight? If Khabib was doing a ton of interviews and media then I can see why ppl would be dumping on Conor. But the guy couldn’t even be bothered to trade barbs with Conor on social media. Conor resorted to taking a poke at Floyd and the back and forth was covered by ESPN and other media ... millions of $ of free promotion for the UFC. Not to mention the dolly throw. How many millions of $ of promotion was that worth?
Khabib doesn't run his mouth for every single thing he does. They're two totally different people. It isn't notable if Khabib is silent. I wouldn't leap to conclusions and say Conor is "punked out" but your comparison isn't a good one. My theory is that Conor is wisely spending his time trying to figure out how to handle a situation he hasn't been faced with before, and that no one has contended well with. His opponent hasn't even looked human.
The trash talk will pick up when he's settled in more. This thread is too early to call.

Back