Connor Vs Dustin, Suspect?

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by Monkfish, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Doomfarmer

Doomfarmer POSTS IN BOLD FOREVER

If they were going to fix his fights, wouldn't they choose to do it against some of those scary wrestlers everyone wants to see Conor face to help "legitimize" his shot?

Come on. Dustin got washed out, period.

2. AlexDillon1

AlexDillon1 White Belt

Ive seen people go down for less in sparring because of glancing taps behind the ear, it happens i cant believe this is a discussion, haters lol

3. pv3Hpv3p

pv3Hpv3p Brown Belt

Not a McGreggor fan, and remember thinking that the shot that dropped Porier seemed a little glancing when I watched it live... I also remember rewatching it, and there was a straight left a couple seconds prior, that Connor landed flush that seemed to jello the legs of DP, the flurry that dropped him and the GnP were just the cherry on the sundae... Totally legit, IMO

4. Monkfish

Monkfish Orange Belt

I love the personal attack.

I guess I should explain a little bit about what lead me to question this fight.

1) it is well documented that the UFC enjoys a almost monopoly on the MMA market.
    it controls sponsorship, Fighter Pay, inconsistent with its fighter discipline, and enjoys a very close working relationship with the NSAC (considering the fertitta bros were actually on the counsel)

2) Historically when a corporation enjoys control over its own legislation, control over the market and control over supply, it is not a stretch to suspect a certain level of corruption.

3) the UFC is actually being taken to court over its business practices surrounding its fighters. and this means its (the UFCs) ethics and morals are being questioned. - I personally am questioning the morality of knowing your champ is using Cocaine, failed a test but waited to cash in before saying anything.

4) we have a fight between a well marketed financially backed fighter, and literally the junkyard dog, who fought his way up from the scrapheap to be a top 10 fighter (but realistically was never going to be a champ) see the "Fightville" movie about his story. Suddenly you have a situation where the company and many other stakeholders stand to loose a huge amount of investment if Dustin wins.

5) Lets be honest we have all seen many other weaker fighters walk right through the type of strikes Connor was dishing out. Albeit we have not seen anyone take them from Connor himself.

So this is what is stirring the questions in my mind.
    However this as the courts would say is just circumstantial and speculation so, maybe I'm just off my rocker.
    on the other hand we just may have witnessed some of that corruption first hand.

5. Jin Akutsu

Jin Akutsu Gengar Belt Platinum Member

Did you see the left hands, kick, and overall pressure that Conor put on Dustin? He wobbled him badly with the left that pinged him before he started backing off. I don't believe you've actually watched the fight. Or mega troll. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. PanyeEast17

PanyeEast17 Green Belt

He gets rocked in alot of his fights...Brookins hurt him early, KZ stunned him numerous times

Doesnt have the best chin and put in somebody with the finishing power/instinct of McGregor and thats all it takes

7. Huligani

Huligani Number One Bullshit

This. The punch landed behind the ear, this usually wobbles guys badly or in this case, dropped Poirier.

8. Monkfish

Monkfish Orange Belt

Most of those left hands were blocked, the last did hit him well, as did the kick so maybe you guys are right, the dragon has showen us the power of the kick many times.

Just the UFC makes me question things these days.

9. Helmut Zemo

Helmut Zemo Purple Belt

10. kennythekoala

kennythekoala White Belt

So dumb! It was a hook that hit him so hard behind the ear that it ricocheted off of his head. Clearly you have never been punched, but once you get hit behind the ear you will realize that even soft shots can do a lot of damage to your equilibrium.

11. ocfightfan

ocfightfan Gold Belt

Clearly the TS needs to book a flight to Florida so he can confront Poirier about throwing the fight. Badger him about how much he was paid and make him confess TS. You know it's right!

12. Frank23

Frank23 Enter Sandman Belt Platinum Member

It was legit. Don't hate on Conor.

13. sparkyjohannsen

sparkyjohannsen Purple Belt

I honestly thought it was an early stoppage when i was watching the fight. Either way, though, he won and hes pretty damn good.

14. Got GOAT

Got GOAT Banned Banned

To TS:

When a punch 'looks' like it has almost nothing on it, or even looks like it has nothing on it at all, it can still hurt you. This is the classic definition of 'heavy handed', something Conor McGregor certainly is. It's a phenomenon that's existed since boxing's inception. All you need is a glancing or grazing blow from a guy with heavy hands or lightning fast hands and it's a wrap (especially on or behind the ear, or the back of the head).

[​IMG]

It glances off the side of the head, behind the ear. This is clear as day. His fist uses Dustin's head as a speed bump, literally.

15. Got GOAT

Got GOAT Banned Banned

Here is a great example of being "heavy handed", TS. This guy is the most heavy handed fighter in boxing at the moment. He may even be the heaviest handed fighter of all time. His name is Gennady "GGG" Golovkin, a Ukrainian boxer.

Here Golovkin gets hit first, and while loading his counter punch he's on his back foot. When his counter punch lands he is still off balance. He literally finished the fight with this punch and got the knockout. The punch still looked pretty brutal but it looks like an off balance arm punch when he throws it.

[​IMG]

16. Metallicalabran

Metallicalabran Don't be scared homie!

I made the post the other day saying two Conor fights looked suspect

For me, Poirier could have been koed with that glancing shot, rare, but could happen

The thing make me more suspect is Brandao fight, because we have 2 suspect finishes, 2 consecutive suspect finishes

You are not alone TS, I still think is almost impossible to have fixed fights in UFC, but you are not the only one who think those fights looked suspect

17. Empyreal

Empyreal Orange Belt

dustin is overrated fighter with bad chin and conor hits like a welterweight...i think dustin was really badly hurt from the shot conor landed few moments earlier

18. WildShrimper

WildShrimper The King

Those follow ups were clearly fake, Poirier had a surgically altered jaw before the fight he wouldn't have felt those.

19. ChucksGlassJaw

ChucksGlassJaw Proud Casual

People don't realize how heavy Conor's hands are. I always reference the. Holloway fight. Holloway is a really tough kid. As soon as he felt that power, he wilted. He looked legitimately scared in that fight. Holloway was grimacing to feints.

20. Got GOAT

Got GOAT Banned Banned

Yep, and he did that with one good leg/knee. Brandao and Poirier also freaked out when they realized the power in his hands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nobody punches harder than McGregor in the division, not even mini Mendes.