Connor Vs Dustin, Suspect?

Monkfish

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I just rewatched Connor's knockout of Dustin Poirier,

http://www.sherdog.com/blog/Free-Full-UFC-Fight-Video-Watch-Conor-McGregor-Finish-Dustin-Poirier-at-UFC-178-79925

Is it just me or did that glancing blow (the one that dropped him) look incredibly light? it almost looks as if it bounces of his shoulder from one angle.

Also when you watch the slow-mo, even the follow up hammerfists appear to be glancing or miss altogether. only the last punch thrown on the ground actually looks like it connects with anything behind it.

To me it looks suspect. ive never known Poirier to have a glass chin, or was he hurt before the final flurry from Connor? :icon_arro:confused:

tinhat.jpg and wasteland

Someone else pointed out to me that the punch wasn't what caught diamond, it was the elbow, back of the head.

To me it looks suspect. ive never known Poirier to have a glass chin, or was he hurt before the final flurry from Connor? :icon_arro:confused:

Well its not like we really had much evidence that Poirier had a great chin either, so its kind of a moot point.

I just rewatched Connor's knockout of Dustin Poirier,

http://www.sherdog.com/blog/Free-Full-UFC-Fight-Video-Watch-Conor-McGregor-Finish-Dustin-Poirier-at-UFC-178-79925

Is it just me or did that glancing blow (the one that dropped him) look incredibly light? it almost looks as if it bounces of his shoulder from one angle.

Also when you watch the slow-mo, even the follow up hammerfists appear to be glancing or miss altogether. only the last punch thrown on the ground actually looks like it connects with anything behind it.

Funny read a thread the other day about fixed fights and this and the Brandao fight came up a few times..

He was indeed hurt before he went down.. I agree the knockdown doesn't look all that convincing but the power thrown even with the wrong part of the arm hitting the wrong part of the head can cause a wobble.. It just doesn't look as hard as it actually is.. As for when he was on the ground well the punches where coming down to fast and in numbers for Herb Dean to see what landed and what didn't but Dustin wasn't defending..

Same for the Brandao fight he was hurt before he went down.. Conor is truly a very very hard hitter. If you watch his earlier Cage warrior fights you will see that punches that left opponents out cold also didn't look as big as they actually are..

Dustin got that under the table bonus everybody is talking about to throw the match. Mark my words, Jose Aldo is next, guy already thinks his salaray is low, he will take that bump for that lockerroom throwthefightbonus

Dustin P literally has zero chin. He has been rocked in his past 2 prior fights badly and close to being finished, someone was going to get the job done eventually.

No, do you guys actually watch fights? plenty of fighters have been stopped by the same shot.

This again? I'm still unsure how this isn't fighter bashing.

This is what caused the real damage:

456232010.jpg

456280534.jpg

ezgif_com_gif_maker_2.gif

For the unwise, it would be Conor's left.

Last edited:
WTF. The guy just made Poirier leave the divison.

Dustin got that under the table bonus everybody is talking about to throw the match. Mark my words, Jose Aldo is next, guy already thinks his salaray is low, he will take that bump for that lockerroom throwthefightbonus

A lot of real warriors prides do not have a price.

They got twitter and eyes aiming for them greenbacks, The Ufc is all about that money

Every business is about money. But as an individual fighting so hard for that belt, for their record, their team, their people, their family, their country.. Its not an easy decision to throw a fight or anything for that matter.

Being a loser is not fun.

Back