Connor McGregor's striking analyzed [GIFS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conor is great.

The only other guy who's striking has impressed me as much is Pettis. His striking, his kicks in particular, his movement, it's all poetry in motion.

Guys like Pettis and Conor are the future of MMA. The future looks bright.

Yeah, Pettis really is something special too

Good post all around my brother

All though, I would have to say, in a pure striking contest, Id put my hard earned money on Conor (if i had to) Still love both

Conor is just the evolution of MMA striking and is the greater striker ive ever seen in MMA history

Also, Chris Weidman deserves way more love for his striking too

Chris has phenomenal striking, but it's interesting because his striking style is the antithesis to Conors. In fact Chris' style would be the style to best counter the style of Conor IMO

The fact Chris never over commits, has solid boxing fundamental and high IQ himself plus CUTS OFF THE RING extraordinarily well

But sorry Conor haters, theres no one like that at 145 or 155 lol

And a lot of people are gonna be suprised just how well Conor's skills and style match up against Aldo

They say, when it comes to putting down money, thats when you truly have to evaluate and pick with your brain

Im sure most knowledgable fans will be putting their money on Conor over Aldo

Also, Chris Weidman deserves way more love for his striking too

Chris has phenomenal striking, but it's interesting because his striking style is the antithesis to Conors. In fact Chris' style would be the style to best counter the style of Conor IMO

The fact Chris never over commits, has solid boxing fundamental and high IQ himself plus CUTS OFF THE RING extraordinarily well

But sorry Conor haters, theres no one like that at 145 or 155 lol

And a lot of people are gonna be suprised just how well Conor's skills and style match up against Aldo

They say, when it comes to putting down money, thats when you truly have to evaluate and pick with your brain

Im sure most knowledgable fans will be putting their money on Conor over Aldo

Weidman is probably the most efficient fighter I've seen. Almost as if no movement is wasted.

The Chris does have VERY underrated striking. Fighters always think they're out of his range and then get cracked by a sneaky hook.

The way he cut off the cage against Machida was fucking beautiful. A lot of fighters could learn from him. I get so frustrated watching an MMA fighter literally chase his hurt opponent around the cage in a straight line. Winging hooks and missing like some Benny Hill sketch. Maddening.

But I gotta say, I'm not quite as sold on Conor as you seem to be. Simply because he hasn't faced a good wrestler yet. I'm not saying that a good wrestler will beat him, but a good wrestler can fuck up any strikers plans.

Mendes or Edgar could potentially give Conor fits, simply through threat of the takedown. I personally think that Conor is smart enough and good enough to maintain confidence and keep his cool against those two, eventually landing a heavy strike and finishing them.

But then again, I can see Frankie taking him down and holding him there for the first few rounds, which is enough to make any striker hesitant to throw strikes. In many ways, I think Frankie is a tougher match up for Conor than Aldo is.

Weidman is probably the most efficient fighter I've seen. Almost as if no movement is wasted.

Chris Weidman is fucking amazing

Only two fighters have ever managed to consistently dominate Machida.....a peak Shogun (Shogun being one of the greatest fighters of all time) and the Chris Weidman...

Chris in under 12 fights while.only being a wrestler has out struck both Anderson and Machida and beaten both to a pulp

Chris Weidman doesnt get the respect he deserves. Chris Weidamn is one of the greatest pure talents ive ever seen in MMA period (along with Cain Velasquez)

A 145lb Weidman is Conor's kryptonite. Thankfully there's no one like Weidman at 145, 155, or 170

I agree, Conor's wrestling hasnt been tested yet, and im actually interested to see how great Conor's grappling is or how he would hold up etc

BUT theres no denying Conor's sttiking chops. Conor is the greatest most complete striker in MMA bar none.

Mendes would stand with Conor, so im condident Conor would ruin him on the feet

Conor's "toughest" fight would prlly be Edgar because Edgar would be 100% intent on wrestling Conor no matter what. Conor's wrestling would have to be on point

BUT another factor that gets over looked is that Conor's movement and range would enhance his ability to see or stop the TD tremendously

So all in all, I dont think Conor will look "lost" against wrestlers like some idiots claim

Great wrestlers will be definentely be tougher fights for Conor, but fights that are still winnable for Connor IMO

Rockhold v Bisping was the most efficient striking/MMA performance I have ever seen (I think). Rockhold put on a masterful performance and employed techniques with high finish-related probabilities.

says focuses on counter strikes.. yet no gifs are counters.

He has amazing striking. He needs to get more comfortable in the pocket and work on his pivots and lateral movement to take it to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back