Connor McGregor, the Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali of mma

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That is just going too far.

This guy is not even a top 30 mma fighter of all time. He's not an elite athlete, and he's not special in anyway.

This is lame as crap if this is the only guy they have to promote at the moment. Generic looking with generic personality, nothing special in fighting style.

Just a total bore. I have no idea why this guy gets publicity, its uncomprehensible to me.

I can appreciate his attitude. Tough to promote himself on style alone unless hes champ, or Fedor.

Edit: cannot appreciate the gaelic entrance music.

Think Michael Bisping but multiply the hype by 100

Dude is not even champ and he is compared to Ali and Ray Leonard? ?....smh

it is going too far but he does have all of Ireland behind him so the UFC is going to keep using that.

Title is wrong.... not Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard. Ray Robinson is a whole 'nother level.

That is just going too far.

This guy is not even a top 30 mma fighter of all time. He's not an elite athlete, and he's not special in anyway.

This is lame as crap if this is the only guy they have to promote at the moment. Generic looking with generic personality, nothing special in fighting style.

Just a total bore. I have no idea why this guy gets publicity, its uncomprehensible to me.

It is more because MMA has not yet reached a point like boxing has in order to have someone like an Ali or Sugar, and less about Mcgregor

yeah, it just shows how utterly desperate the ufc is right now to find the next Big Thing.

i was literally laughing when they started with the sugar ray / ali comparisons. i mean this guy has 2 losses to nobodies not that long ago, a total of 5 fights in the ufc and only one against a real quality opponent.

combine it with them about to throw a total amateur in the cage (cm punk) and you wonder if they wouldn't start dog fighting in the octagon if they thought it would draw ratings.

i think very, very few people can compare to ali or sugar ray

also the words great, awesome and incredible are overused now that they mean very little

Only in the cesspool of ignorance that is Sherdog can a guy with 0 major titles be considered the GOAT of MMA

The UFC constantly drawing comparisons with boxers really diminishes and demeans their product and makes it look second rate.

Back