Connor Mcgregor, Im not buying it...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Apocalypse604, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Apocalypse604

Apocalypse604 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I understand hes on a 13 fight win streak and hes a marketing dream for the UFC when they need it the most....however, unless Dana stabs Aldo with a poisoned knife to the back ala gladiator, I dont see this McGregor taking out Aldo....lets take a closer look shall we...

His biggest win to date has been Poirier.....who himself lost to swanson and korean zombie not too long ago.

Aldo on the other has wins over MendesX2, Brown, Faber, Lamas, Swanson, Edgar and Florian to name a few.....3 of those guys were ex champs themselves......

I understand again that McGregor is a big draw for Zuffa and they will indeed do just about anything at this point to sell tickets and Dana himself probably told Conor to get into Aldos face after the fight, but seriously guys, do you really, truly in your heart of hearts believe Mr. McGregor will beat Aldo?? Why was he even in a fight with Siver in the first place and not another legit top 10er? oh wait nevermind....i forgot aboutthe UFC marketing team.

2. yookfarb

yookfarb Red Belt

It's all a conspiracy...

Mendes was a guy who truly earned his title shot with his spectacular win over Nik Lentz roflmao

3. Ken Oath

Ken Oath Brown Belt

Cool Story Bro.

Please tell it again.

4. Jarvan

Jarvan Brown Belt

your mma math is not only illogical, it's blatantly biased.

think about frankie edgars fight to fight for title.
    how about brock lesnar?
    Dan Hardy?

Why do you haters lack brain cells? It's perhaps the ability to remain ignorant that makes you this way. PM me, I can help you.

5. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

You can now see why he didn't want to face and avoided wrestlers.

6. DocK

DocK I stay on bus

Try looking at the actual skills of a fighter and not words on a screen or whatever narrative you want to come up with.

7. coq

coq Blue Belt

I'm an Aldo fan but threads like these make no sense to me. If you're going to bleat on about how McGregor stands no chance, prove it. What about his game can Aldo exploit and why?

8. Alexandergreat3

Alexandergreat3 In Fedor We Trust, amen™

I have been saying this nearly a year ago. McG is a UFC marketing team hype product. He's got some showmanship, but skill wise, he'd get destroyed by other top contenders such as Mendez, Edgar, Lamas, Swanson, KZ.

9. U.S. Soldier

U.S. Soldier Red Belt

People love this type of stuff. Personally i am not too fond of it but whatever. I think Aldo beats him everywhere but it's all business in the end. It's all about the $$$. But Aldo is going to have an easy title fight

10. KlNG

KlNG Thank you for more post per page.....

To be fair the ''Mcgregor will beat aldo'' threads have the same amount of substance...

11. Meathead Jock

Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

For sure... its a joke, but its impressive (and a bit scary) at how successful the UFC was at pulling it off.

12. surgeyou1

surgeyou1 Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux

Yeah. The whole 0.7 seconds he was on the ground.

13. I Hate You

I Hate You _________________

Conor could go out there, beat Jose with a blindfold on, and some of you would just say, "yeah, but he could still hear Aldo moving in the ring". Face it, you're just haters. It's OK. Strange, insecure and awkward, but OK.

14. Ch0sen0ne

Ch0sen0ne Purple Belt

So you're best argument against McGregor having a decent chance against Aldo is...MMAth?

15. Apocalypse604

Its common sense dude....he hasnt fought anybody. Why hasnt he fought anyone like Mendes, Lamas or Edgar before he got the crack at the title?

I mean, Denis Siver???

GTFO!

16. Meathead Jock

Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

No one is saying he sucks, he just had a hand picked path to make him look successful. It bothers some fans when you see a guy being forced to prove himself vs the best of MIXED MARTIAL ARTS while watching chosen ones like Nick Diaz (I find his character more entertaining for what its worth) and McGregor be able to climb their way up the ranks in a sport more resembling kickboxing.

I feel like I can take any top 10 level fighter and find 3 people that stylistically they should beat ranked in the top 15. A perfect case would be my favorite fighter, Ben Askren. He isn't all that well rounded, but you can find 3 fighters in the top 15 that suffer takedown defense that he can humiliate, Koreshkov is a beast on his feet and he made him look like a joke due to style. McGregor has been given his "Koreshkov" matchups over and over and built his way to the top of the popularity contest in the process, while you see guys like Bendo taking on all obstacles and styles of fighters. If McGregor annoys you (like he does me and some others) its easy to see why this makes him "hated".

I am tired of rematches so I get that, I just think I shouldn't have 5 fighters that i'd pick to beat the guy getting a title shot (Aldo, Mendes, Edgar, Lamas, Lentz).

17. Meathead Jock

Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

Not even Lentz... and don't forget the magical flip flopping of the rankings where Siver got bumped ahead of Lentz for no reason before the fight.
    McGregor is basically Holly Holm, except he is in a division with depth, not a new division with shallow talent.

18. PurpleDrank

PurpleDrank Brown Belt

Styles make fights. Aldo hasn't fought a southpaw that can strike like Mcgregor. If it's a striking battle, like most of Aldo's fights are, it's going to be a really tough fight for him.

19. Apocalypse604

Ya so lets just bypass the rankings and let people skip in every weight class....forget the people who fought the cream of the crop, styles make fights....ya, ya!!