Connor being protected

Monacomo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
First of all, Siver wins by spin kick to the liver in the 2nd. But, if Connors so great, why are they giving him a past prime Siver? Why not give him a title threat like Llamas or Frankie or even Cub? Bullshit. Even if Connor beats Siver and Aldo, Frankie still owns him.

They say that he is being protected but don't want him fighting Aldo so soon?

I'd say Aldo is several levels more dangerous than anyone else in the division, except maybe Chad who is just one or two notches below.

Chad has two loses to Aldo, he's not going to be allowed near any fresh contenders anytime soon. He'll probably have to fight Lamas or something.

First of all, Siver wins by spin kick to the liver in the 2nd. But, if Connors so great, why are they giving him a past prime Siver? Why not give him a title threat like Llamas or Frankie or even Cub? Bullshit. Even if Connor beats Siver and Aldo, Frankie still owns him.

What's the point of that when the champion needs someone to fight and all the options are rematches, and he just did a rematch, obviously there are more important slots to be filled so they're doing the obvious right thing by fasttracking him with some nice standup fights. That's where the titlefights take place @ FW anyway, so what the hell could possibly be the issue? You don't like him? He rustled your Jimmies? Poor thang.

Even if Aldo decides to mix it up and has a takedown gameplan even that would be worth it just to see him trying something different, you see somebody else presenting such a threat standing? :(

Conor is going to be 5-0 with 4 stoppages in the UFC, being undefeated for 5 years. It might not be JDS' title run but how is he being protected?

I disagree. He is fighting another top 10 fighter (or close) who is available. I am 220lbs and im coached by a ufc light heavyweight. I suck but iv had tough sparings both standing and on ground and anybody who thinks there is easy fights at ufc top 10 is clueless. Connor has a tough fight in front of him. If anything its terrible for Connor since he has nothing to win and everything to lose due to his incredible hype.

Like most, i would prefer to see him versus a wrestler before a title shot but in reality its all the same. If there is a hole aldo will expose it if he ever gets a title shot. I have 0 problem with watching him fight for title if he beats Siver and i do not understand why people hate on the guy. He is simply flashy and well spoken. He is already an asset to the sport most of us sherdog guys love so i say stop hating on him and give Siever respect for being a worthy oponent.

Love to both guys.

The good news is that he probably won't be after he loses to Aldo.

right now yeah but so fucking what, he's gonna make the ufc more money if he's the champ. i wish siver or aldo beats him but i'm not gonna pretend like conor isn't the better man for the job.

WOW! This is a brand new thread with brand new information.

Tell me more?

Its quite obvious UFC is careful not to match him up against tough grapplers who could squash his image and dampen public enthusiasm. I think UFC will balance things out by matching him up against a string of wrestlers in the future depending on how he does against top elites.

Most people know that he loses to Edgar and Mendes.

Only his die-hard nuthuggers will refute that.

If he had to go through legit opposition to get the title shot he wouldnt make it to Aldo

I hope to god he gets to and KOs Aldo, because Frankie is going to fucking bury him.

Good luck Conor.

Being protected by putting him against the #1 guy in his division Jose Aldo. Why do people want to see Conor vs a wrestler in a 3 round fight? Conor needs 5 round fights and after he beats Aldo he will gladly defend his title against anyone. Going to be hard to protect the champion.

I'll bet against that siver outcome.

If you think it is predictable that Siver wins this fight, how is matching him with Conor protecting Conor?

Even you do not seem to agree with your thesis.

Back