Congressman: Rising sea level caused by more dirt on ocean floor

So these comments bring stupidity on the topic to another level but it's worth reminding people that doing nothing about climate change is the default position of the entire party, not some rogue idiot. Climate change as a hoax or that it's not caused by man is the Republican fucking position! The president is claiming it's a hoax!

So we can laugh at this one jackass but we should be worried that a major political party, the one controlling all three branches of government, is not far off from this guy on the issue.

LULZ!!

These republicans exhibiting the level of science knowledge that is possessed by the lowest common denominator. A true representation of their constituents.

Other full retard republican quotes :
"If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.” Todd Akin

"Carbon dioxide is not a harmful gas; it is a harmless gas " Michelle Bachmann

Some are stupid, some plain evil. An easy way to weed the ones from the others is to threaten to hang them all. The evil will try to barter. Then you just fire the stupid and hang the evil.

Yes, there are many stupid Republicans. When your grand kid is a fucking mutant because of how toxic the environments is you can thank the idiots of today.

That's why I advocate extinction. I don't want to bring life to a world infested to the core with these idiots.

So these comments bring stupidity on the topic to another level but it's worth reminding people that doing nothing about climate change is the default position of the entire party, not some rogue idiot. Climate change as a hoax or that it's not caused by man is the Republican fucking position! The president is claiming it's a hoax!

So we can laugh at this one jackass but we should be worried that a major political party, the one controlling all three branches of government, is not far off from this guy on the issue.
Holocene Extinction could well go down as the most destructive event to life that didn't fall from space.

Shit that's depressing.
We're racking up a hell of a lot of species kills in a ridiculously short time. It is depressing. We'll at least be mentioned alongside all of the other massive events, and that's if we manage to pull out of the nosedive (and even then we'll still be killing things by crowding them). Even with the best planning, we won't see the peak in oil/coal/gas usage for a long time. fuckthisgayearth.gif

We're racking up a hell of a lot of species kills in a ridiculously short time. It is depressing. We'll at least be mentioned alongside all of the other massive events, and that's if we manage to pull out of the nosedive (and even then we'll still be killing things by crowding them). Even with the best planning, we won't see the peak in oil/coal/gas usage for a long time. fuckthisgayearth.gif

Can't be greater than the Permian.. can it?

pbox.php

A member of the liberal party in Australia once brought a piece of coal to show it is harmless too.

(Question. Is it worth explaining that the liberal party is our major conservative party? I get sick of saying it so often).

Can't be greater than the Permian.. can it?
It has some serious potential man. The rate of change we're effecting on the ocean, air and all life habitats is extreme to say the least, as is our destruction of every sort of visible life. Taken together, our impact is a cataclysm. We can boast overfishing, pollution and acidification that is on course to destroy the marine ecosystem, deforestation at a rate that will exponentially increase the impact of our emissions, which will double back on the sea, and we're shoving every kind of animal into smaller spaces and intentionally eradicating many of them.

And we can't even begin to slow the train down for a long time. Two hundred years at this rate could challenge the Permian. And we haven't even seen the sorts of unpredictable but major domino effects that we believe are possible, or measured the significant damage to insects that is happening.

you're bringing up solid pts, but I don't think as many outright 'deny' it as you may think, they are just more pragmatic about what we're going to do

Remind me, how is that massive Solar project in Ivanpah doing? you know the biggest solar generator in the entire world
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivanpah_Solar_Power_Facility
Ivanpah was advertised as designed to produce 940,000 MW·h of electricity per year, based on its nameplate capacity and assumed capacity factor.[5] In its second year of operation, Ivanpah's production of 653,122 MW·h of net electricity was 69.5 percent of this value, ramping up from 44.6 percent in the first year. In its third year, the annual production was 74.8% of its advertised value.

IMO I think it has to be forced at this pt, by either OPEC and others freezing us out (maybe Canada will get ballsy?) to force us to switch to alternative sources. Oil and gas funds campaigns, not windfarms if you feel me

idiot.. the earth is flat.. the water just spills over...

Brooks: “What about the white cliffs of Dover, California, where time and time again you’re having the waves crash against the shorelines, and time and time again, you’re having the cliffs crash into the sea. All that displaces water, which forces it to rise, does it not?””

You know if they said white ice cliffs of Antarctica it would be correct.

They are probably closer to California too.

you're bringing up solid pts, but I don't think as many outright 'deny' it as you may think, they are just more pragmatic about what we're going to do

Remind me, how is that massive Solar project in Ivanpah doing? you know the biggest solar generator in the entire world
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivanpah_Solar_Power_Facility
Ivanpah was advertised as designed to produce 940,000 MW·h of electricity per year, based on its nameplate capacity and assumed capacity factor.[5] In its second year of operation, Ivanpah's production of 653,122 MW·h of net electricity was 69.5 percent of this value, ramping up from 44.6 percent in the first year. In its third year, the annual production was 74.8% of its advertised value.
*Helios 1. Even if we direct that power to the grid, there will be brownouts. It's best to just use it as a superweapon.

Who was it that said we can’t let others get to the moon, because if they drop a rock from up there to earth, it’ll have the force of a nuclear bomb
Sounds like something Bob Dole would have said

i'll take back my comments on that Solar facility, it's below it's expected threshold but still giving mad MW of energy in comparison to other options

for reference, it produces 700-800k MW per year....

all the windfarms in Cali COMBINED only produce about 14k MW...and if you've ever been near Tehachapi or out near me in Palm Springs those things are everywhere

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...-sea-level-caused-by-dirt-on-ocean-floor.html

In an effort to debate Climate Change Republican Mo Brooks had this to say:

Brooks: “What about the white cliffs of Dover, California, where time and time again you’re having the waves crash against the shorelines, and time and time again, you’re having the cliffs crash into the sea. All that displaces water, which forces it to rise, does it not?”

Duffy: “I’m pretty sure that on human time scale those are minuscule effects.”

giphy.gif

These are members of our Congress ladies and gentlemen LOL

This is up there with the guy who thought Guam was going to tip over due to overpopulation and the other guy who thought the internet was delivered through a series of tubes.Get your fucking shit together America.

and all that extra dirt will push water up to capsize islands

watch out bros. when guam tilts and falls over, the sea level will increase a few feet

Back