Congress finalizes $717 billion defense budget authorization months ahead of schedule

717 * .66 = 473

Hey I've got a great idea for the military budget

What that mean?

War with IRAN incoming.

Doubt it. But that would make more sense than iraq, ukraine, russia or libya. Let alone vietnam or serbia.

You should focus on China more than Russia.

Yep. So much waste. My brother went to Iraq and he basically had to steal history wn body armor .
Massively inefficient. Need some serious auditing

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say about half of that will ends up as what we lovingly refers to as "bureaucratic waste", the other half will go into juicy Defense contracts with mandatory budget overruns.

There are three causes that both the Dems and the GOP in Congress will always stand shoulders to shoulders on: Israel, Arabs, and the Military Industrial Complex.

Last edited:
Amazing and ridiculous at the same time. It doesn't take 700 billion to hire 15,000 people.

Also no one can claim Murka can't afford single payer or free college when they spend this much money in the military and still let other countries dominate them.

Its utterly proposterous to spend that kind of money on the Military. I think 400 billion is more than enough. I I dont know this nation is so bankrupt thanks to Obama and Bush there is no coming back

Your kids and your grand kids will pay the heavy price of our reckless spending

$717 billion?

tenor.gif

But atleast they stood up for what's right and boycotted the softball game

Interesting that no one cares about this. I guess we are all happy about it.

I made a thread about Net Neutrality and received similar responses.

Unless it's about scary different skin colors or people peeing in the wrong bathroom, no one cares. This kind of stuff takes too much work to understand...

Amazing and ridiculous at the same time. It doesn't take 700 billion to hire 15,000 people.

Also no one can claim Murka can't afford single payer or free college when they spend this much money in the military and still let other countries dominate them.

Who dominated us? I agree with the rest of this statement though.

That's a whole lot of ass kicking we just budgeted for.

China in south east Asia and Russia in the Arctic/northern regions.

Im not really a history buff so please forgive my ignorance but which battles where these? Weve never been in all out war with either Russia or China so what were they small battles?

The thing is, to be against the overbloated American MIL is to be openly against the DNC and GOP establishment.

That pretty much takes 99% of registered voters in the WR out of the picture, for I am sure at least that many people in this neighborhood consistently votes for whomever and whatever the Democratic and Republican party instructs them to.

The lack of attention in the WR and media sources is perplexing.

The media drives the conversation through media saturation, conversely it creates the vacuum by not talking about issues.

I guarantee you that if this was covered like a mass shooting or terror attack, that this thread would be to page 30, with 40,000 views.

Im not really a history buff so please forgive my ignorance but which battles where these? Weve never been in all out war with either Russia or China so what were they small battles?

Not battles brah. If we are actually fighting in this globalized age, we've already lost. Russia has huge military infrastructure set up in the arctic and is laying claim to international territory, while we have known about it and prepared fuckall for polar regions. China is doing whatever the fuck they want in the disputed south China sea while at odds with numerous allies of ours.

The media drives the conversation through media saturation, conversely it creates the vacuum by not talking about issues.

I guarantee you that if this was covered like a mass shooting or terror attack, that this thread would be to page 30, with 40,000 views.
Yeah to get read needs to be that, Or: "717 billion budget, and this tranny used a bathroom that they weren't supposed to!"

Yeah to get read needs to be that, Or: "717 billion budget, and this tranny used a bathroom that they weren't supposed to!"

Ha. I love it.

We just need one rogue lawmaker to slip mandatory tranny bathrooms into the defense bill, and we force the media to talk about it.

Not battles brah. If we are actually fighting in this globalized age, we've already lost. Russia has huge military infrastructure set up in the arctic and is laying claim to international territory, while we have known about it and prepared fuckall for polar regions. China is doing whatever the fuck they want in the disputed south China sea while at odds with numerous allies of ours.

Ah, so we havent actually been dominated militarily just politically. Gotcha.

Back