Law Congress and White House Strike Deal for $2 Trillion Stimulus Package

Hopefully these corporations will finally get a savings account. If the airlines have to cancel some flights next year during a winter blizzard they will come calling for some money. True Capitalism corporate welfare should never happen. Too bad the Trump Lickspittles give more shit to people getting food stamps than corporations getting bailed out twice in less than 13 years.

I agree with part of this, but your logic is childlike.

The airline industry facilitates business throughout our country. Food stamp leeches, leech.

Hopefully you understand why one of these is a priority.

The airline industry facilitates business throughout our country. Food stamp leeches, leech.

And no business can run on negative cash flows for six months, which in this case was government ordered

there is very little capitalism in big blue cities with high costs of living and a ginormous discrepancy between rich and poor. Safe to say that those that get rich in these blue areas have a huge helping hand from government....

How is that dipshit? You do know red states receive more welfare don't you?

there is very little capitalism in big blue cities with high costs of living and a ginormous discrepancy between rich and poor. Safe to say that those that get rich in these blue areas have a huge helping hand from government....
So your position is that capitalism doesn’t produce inequality? Lmfao

Nationalize the airlines kick the leeches off

2nd time in two decades they need to be bailed out

If you're gonna scream about welfare queens- well here's the biggest ones

They are shut down because the government mandated them to.

Are leftists incapable of thinking rationally about this situation?

maybe they should save money for times like this?

I'm glad "Keynesian" is no longer anathema to Republicans.

Since the airlines are so important, maybe we should regulate them like utilities, considering they operate on a boom/bust model and need bailouts from the taxpayers they fuck over with their business models.

In times of profit, the airline companies can be relied upon not to save their money, but to give it to their top executive class, engaging in stock buybacks, then borrowing funds to develop new planes.

Good job showing you give a shit about the CEO class of America over the fellow citizens you have far more in common with. Jesus.

Trump the deficit queen....and that was before the corona virus. I don't think there is a government handout that the Trumpublican party is not in favor of. Seriously this colossal bailout to everyone is pretty disgusting.

They are also capping it to incomes under $99,000 a year. Is that for individuals or couples filling jointly. If they are basing it on 2018 tax returns it makes a difference. A couple may not be making that any more in 2020.
I know I aint

Just be done with it and have a UBI. When all these payouts turn into a beurcratic nightmare around the world, and things get worse and worse, people will start to realize it's probably just a better idea to implement a kind of social security for all. Our unemployment benefit scheme was already underfunded and had way too many provisions meant to stop "bludgers". Now there's about 10% of the population who need to go through that mess just to be able to survive and pay their necessities. There's no way the system can cope with that. If this pandemic lasts another few months (which is likely), we're heading into a depression.

Last edited:

What do you mean in this situation? This is modis operandi for them

Back