Congratulations to Stipe but where do we go from here?

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
First off congratulations to Stipe. I'm a fan of both guys so was open to either one winning.

The question I have now Stipe has won is what happens now?

Let's say DC retires tomorrow, whose next for Stipe?

The two main guys on the longest streaks, correct me if I'm wrong are Overeem and Ngannou. Two fighters Stipe beat fairly easily.

The only other guy in the top 5 whose on a winning streak is Curtis Blaydes whose fighting at 242. JDS and Lewis have both lost 2 in a row. Other top guys like Cain, Volkov are coming off losses aswell.

I don't want to be negative and think that if DC retires that I won't be excited for Stipe's reign again as I loved it the first time around but if Overeem and Ngannou rematches are the fight's we're more likely to see then I'd be lying if I said that isn't a bit anticlimatic.

I too love both guys to death! However if DC wants the trilogy match... Stipe might be in trouble! Fighting DC is tough enough already... imagine facing him coming off a loss! Ask Rumble & No Time how that turned out for them!

First off congratulations to Stipe. I'm a fan of both guys so was open to either one winning.

The question I have now Stipe has won is what happens now?

Let's say DC retires tomorrow, whose next for Stipe?

The two main guys on the longest streaks, correct me if I'm wrong are Overeem and Ngannou. Two fighters Stipe beat fairly easily.

The only other guy in the top 5 whose on a winning streak is Curtis Blaydes whose fighting at 242. JDS and Lewis have both lost 2 in a row. Other top guys like Cain, Volkov are coming off losses aswell.

I don't want to be negative and think that if DC retires that I won't be excited for Stipe's reign again as I loved it the first time around but if Overeem and Ngannou rematches are the fight's we're more likely to see then I'd be lying if I said that isn't a bit anticlimatic.
You're not being negative. The HW division is weak. Stipe could rematch DC for rubber match, fight Ngannou or Jones moves up to try and get 2 titles. Ngannou seems to be improving but if the division wasn't so weak he wouldn't even be considered. Stipe could also call out Gabi Garcia and try and do an intergender title. Cejudo might be onto something with that.

If the dude wants any sort of life after fighting I'd say retirement the guy clearly has CTE and it's only going to get worse as he goes on the dude just takes so many hits win lose or draw.

When did he EASILY beat Ngannou???

A rematch Vs Ngannou seems to be the next fight to make.
But Stipe will be like "already beat, next"

Back to me not caring about the HW division unless Ngannou is champ or Jones moves up. Stipe is Zzzzz.

He gets KO'd by Ngannou and retires in a huff

He dominated him in that fight and got a 50-44 score. Maybe easily was the wrong word, he beat him very one sided. Better?
Yeah, better :)
I remember Stipe getting hit with some huge shots and trying to clinch for dear life as well. I would love to see the go at it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back