Elections Congratulations to Mayor Pete Buttigieg for Winning the Iowa Caucuses!

Tell me why you support Buttigieg.
Gladly.

It all comes down to this being a moment in American history, and in that moment we have a choice. And it's not just what we choose, it's how we choose. The ills of partisanship have taken a country full of values and leveraged them to create an unhealthy political atmosphere. As president, Mayor Pete can guide us back to a politics that is reflective of the choices we make over our values, and make inroads over specific issues as we instill them in our political and social culture.

He literally didn't win. There's enough obvious errors in the official release alone to put him comfortably behind Bernie.

They had to steal from other candidates including Bernie just to put Pete over.

Can't wait to see what gets brewed up next from the billionaire wine cellars. They have spent the past year throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks and finally got something. I think they are going to go all in on Pete. He is the perfect candidate for them. Will say/do anything to win and keep power and he is a lightweight behind the scenes so he will get bullied worse than Obama ever did.

Gladly.

It all comes down to this being a moment in American history, and in that moment we have a choice. And it's not just what we choose, it's how we choose. The ills of partisanship have taken a country full of values and leveraged them to create an unhealthy political atmosphere. As president, Mayor Pete can guide us back to a politics that is reflective of the choices we make over our values, and make inroads over specific issues as we instill them in our political and social culture.

A platitude is a trite, meaningless, or prosaic statement, often used as a thought-terminating cliché, aimed at quelling social, emotional, or cognitive unease.

Congrats to Pete.

I hope he is spirited enough to navigate these choppy waters.

Also, I heard he was gay. Did you hear he's gay? I mean everyone says he's gay. It looks like every article recently mentions he is gay. Because being gay is totally relevant. Just trying to confirm. No virtue signaling here. Just mentioning it. That he's gay. Which is great. It almost doesn't make him a fucking white male. Which seems just as relevant in today's identity politics.

Once again, congrats to Pete.

He literally didn't win. There's enough obvious errors in the official release alone to put him comfortably behind Bernie.

They had to steal from other candidates including Bernie just to put Pete over.

Can't wait to see what gets brewed up next from the billionaire wine cellars. They have spent the past year throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks and finally got something. I think they are going to go all in on Pete. He is the perfect candidate for them. Will say/do anything to win and keep power and he is a lightweight behind the scenes so he will get bullied worse than Obama ever did.
I understand that Sanders fans cannot except a premature declaration of victory for anybody except Sanders. That's understandable. It's basic mammal-primate-poop-butt behavior. But your bias against wine cellars is out of line.

Gladly.

Stop mocking Mayor Pete's way of talking.

So You support Mayor Pete to troll the War Room basically, I can respect that.

Gladly.

Jesus christ. Talk about a generic non answer.

"I like good things. America. We stand. Apple pie. Values. Integrity. We must be grateful in the face of truly honesty and other great stuff. This you should vote me. I leave power good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me I'm hot. What? Taxes they'll be lower son. The democratic vote for me is right thing to do Philadelphia."

Name a policy that he hasn't waffled on.

Courage is a topic close to Mayor Pete's heart. When he served as an intelligence officer in Afghanistan, he had the pleasure of working with men and women of exceptional courage every day. Some of them didn't come home, and he feels that we owe them our respect and a further commitment to our values. But what he learned more than anything else was that you were underfed and your head was left too close to the fireplace.

Literally no black people like him.

Gladly.

So you support a candidate that is 38 years old, and has the experience of a minor city mayor, who has 7% national support?

The lack of concern for the popular vote is disturbing. In our recent Canadian election I saw people who were incensed over the popular vote not deciding the last American presidential election utterly unconcerned that our current PM received fewer popular votes than the opposition in the most recent election, but still got the most seats. That same Prime Minister ran, in his first election, on a promise to change our system to a a popular vote system. He reneged on that promise. Now he's the Prime Minister only because we don't use a popular vote system.

I didn't want a Conservative government, but I find this type of inconsistency disturbing. I feel like I'm seeing it right now in our neighbour to the south. How many people said three years ago that the lack of a popular vote was an affront to Democracy - but are now cheering victories that defy the popular vote? Again, disturbing.

A platitude is a trite, meaningless, or prosaic statement, often used as a thought-terminating cliché, aimed at quelling social, emotional, or cognitive unease.
Jesus christ. Talk about a generic non answer.

"I like good things. America. We stand. Apple pie. Values. Integrity. We must be grateful in the face of truly honesty and other great stuff. This you should vote me. I leave power good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me I'm hot. What? Taxes they'll be lower son. The democratic vote for me is right thing to do Philadelphia."

Name a policy that he hasn't waffled on.
A sucker is an easily deceived or gullible person, often the butt of the joke without him or her realizing it.

Congrats to Pete. I think he's going to win in NH as well or at least get a strong second place. After that though I don't know what's he's going to do.

Congrats to Pete. I think he's going to win in NH as well or at least get a strong second place. After that though I don't know what's he's going to do.

Strong second place, and then fall into the dust bin of history.

I think we should talk about when Nancy Pelosi punked Donald Trump.

@Fawlty

What do you think about when Trump pissed down his leg, after Pelosi ripped up his speech?

What do you think about when Trump pissed down his leg, after Pelosi ripped up his speech?
Before or after she applauded the illegal attempt to over throw Venezuela.

@Fawlty

I didn't see that or read the coverage. I don't think anything beats the super aggro Pelosi clap from before. Was she trying to one-up her last performance?

Repeat it with me folks.

Trump got punked out by Pelosi.

Say it over and over.

Back