Congratulations Nate Marquardt (Even though he lost)

You're the worst kind of "fan". Tarec seriously could have ended Nate's career tonight. You should be embarrassed.

Aw, you sound a little butt hurt. Kick kick kick kick kick kick kick, LOOK WE HAVE A WINNER HERE FOLKS! AMAZING TACTIC EMPLOYED HERE! INCREDIBLE!

Aw, you sound a little butt hurt. Kick kick kick kick kick kick kick, LOOK WE HAVE A WINNER HERE FOLKS! AMAZING TACTIC EMPLOYED HERE! INCREDIBLE!

You don't know enough about this sport to be posting. Shame, really. Carry on, noob.

Nate is still a force, hate that people are dismissing him after every loss.

Looks like not all the best fighters are in the UFC.

That fact =
doubleyellow.gif
... around here.

It honestly looked like Nate came into the fight with no game plan. It was awful on his behalf.

Yeah, commentators (can't remember which ones said what) were saying how Marquardt came in confident he could get Saffiedine down and stay on top whenever he wanted to. Really dumb thing to think, it seemed like he just went into the fight thinking that wrestling was going to be his trump card and it was too late by the time he realized it wasn't. He wasn't setting things up, didn't use his experience at all and gassed himself out a bit trying to force things in the process.

Thumbs up to the new champ though. Good luck getting fans with that Condit style of kicks

Those weren't Condit kicks man. They weren't Alves kicks or anything, but they definitely weren't Condit kicks. He was doing real damage, he could've finished in the 4th or 5th round if he put some combinations together with his hands. He chose to keep just enough pressure on with the leg kicks to ride out the decision though, it's understandable.

huge nate the great fan

he seems to blow it in big fights was hard to watch him perform tonight

he showed heart in not giving up despite his leg being brutalized but Tarec seemed more determined to walk out champion tonight

did somebody really call those condit kicks? please ban this *********.

This dude has been consistently ranked top 10 for over TEN years, I hated watching that come to an end tonight. Only a select few can stay near the top for that long. Always entertaining.

WAR MARQUARDT

I like Nate. If he wants to get back in the top 10 he should move back up in weight and fight in the easier MW division.

He still has a lot left.

Nate "The Great" one fight, Nate "The Gate" the next.

I like Nate. If he wants to get back in the top 10 he should move back up in weight and fight in the easier MW division.

He still has a lot left.

Easier MW division? :icon_lol:, Nate seems to have a lot of fans but a little will to win importants fights, its not the first time, Nate always fail to win in the main event, by the way, he has a lot of defeats and some questionables wins, i dont understand how some people are congratulating him and thinking he can be a force in MW or LW after an awful performance

Nate looked terrible but I bet on tarec so i'm happy.

Just because you are big and strong with above average technique, and decide to drop to 170, doesn't mean you will walk through the division. Saffiedine showed Marquart was overrated on a technical level, and people overrated him based on his appearance as this monster sized WW, with a bulldozing style. It was a good lesson for a lot of know-it-all mma fans and media types. You aren't all the experts you think you are, those who were giving Marquart a title shot in particular know who they're.

good call, TS - are you sure hes going to fall out? is that official?

Back