Congratulations Nate Marquardt (Even though he lost)

Not as bad as he got dominated by Sonnen and Okami back in middleweight. Still, he is at the end of his prime, hope I wont see him again at UFC events.

he was looking past this fight too much, all the respect to safferdine for taking it to him but i feel that nate was too busy looking down the road too much instead of the road in front of him...

As Dana once said, Nate is a choke artist. The guy fucking BLOWS IT every time he starts crawling back towards the top and getting people interested in him being in the title picture. He did it 2-3 times in the UFC @ MW, and he just did it again @ WW.

After tonight there won't be any talk of Nate vs. GSP. None.

I don't really like to use the term "choke artist" but I do agree that Nate has a history of failing to win "the big one." He reminds me a lot of Arona in that sense; a talented fighter who has a tendency to come up short when it really matters.

I wouldn't be so sure about the lack of Nate/GSP talk though. If Nate can win 2 or 3 more fights at WW, regardless of who his opponents are, people will start to demand that fight again. Sherdog will probably put him back into the top 10 (assuming he even falls out of it now) as soon as they can, the writers here are in love with him.

He looked a lot like a 33yo fighting a 26yo. Nates been in the game nearly 14 years, MMA fighters don't last forever. At least if his career is winding down we got to see a great win vs Woodley.

nate is the man he will be back stronger than ever

Say what you want but he's the only SF champ that didn't fake an injury to try to negotiate a stronger contract going into the UFC. Nate deserve a lot of respect for that... also for not quitting after his leg was kicked into a coma.

Thanks for the fuckin spoiler alert!! SMH!! It doesn't come on for another half hour for me :(

What are you doing on Sherdog then? Admiring the annoying pop-up ads?

I don't really like to use the term "choke artist" but I do agree that Nate has a history of failing to win "the big one." He reminds me a lot of Arona in that sense; a talented fighter who has a tendency to come up short when it really matters.

like kenny florian

I wonder what excuse Nate will use, probably the " I had a cold *cough cough sniff sniff*"'.

One fight ago, he nearly knocked Tyron Woodley's head off his shoulders. Tarec was a bad match-up for Marquardt--that's it. Marquardt has always been well-rounded, but he's not the best wrestler in the division, nor is he the best striker. In fact, he hasn't really developed one skill set over the other, and that's why he was beaten by a superior kickboxer tonight. Would I like to see Marquardt in the UFC? Absolutely.

It honestly looked like Nate came into the fight with no game plan. It was awful on his behalf.

Thumbs up to the new champ though. Good luck getting fans with that Condit style of kicks

Back