Confused by Conor's fight with Khabib

You seem to equate fighting with striking. Grappling dominance is another form of fighting to which you obviously give zero Creedence.

Yes, absolutely, a grappler completely dominating a striking opponent, subduing him, making him carry his weight, rendering him completely impotent ... Means that grappler was "winning the round" ... while the stiker was losing it.

If you think Conor's very few panic strikes from the bottom ... while being completely nullified ... constitute "winning" ... Then we can even have an intelligent discussion about the subject of implementing one's own effective strategy over another, "winning," etc.

Stop replying to me then.

Round 1, he landed more strikes, and he landed the better strikes.

Round 3, once again, Conor landed more strikes, and the better strikes. And this time it wasn't close, unlike round 1.

There was nothing close in round 1.

Sure, I'll bite.

You bringing up Conor outstriking Khabib in round 1 is irrelevant. You're completely failing to realize Khabib's game plan as a whole - the plan in round 1 was to engage Conor in a series of exhaustive grappling exchanges to pump a bunch of blood into his arms to reduce his punching power. It worked perfectly, in round 2 khabib poured it on Conor and would have had the finish on him via kimura if Conor wasn't cheating (well documented at this point).

Your fight analysis completely sucks btw
That isn't how fights are scored. Conor won on offense. Thus, he won the round. It's not even complicated.

Why does my analysis suck? Quote the bad analysis and critique it.

touching someone with little arm punches with nothing behind them does not win the round. It's not like he was landing significant strikes from the bottom.
In general I agree, but compared to Khabib's aggressive cuddling offense it think it was enough to edge it.

You should apply that to your self and realize that, maybe, there's something fishy when pretty much everyone says you are wrong.
To consider the possibility that you're wrong is to allow the possibility of differing opinions. And I'm doing that. If people are, as you say, reading one sentence and dismissing the post without any refutation, then they aren't doing that.

My opinion being the minority is reason to believe that I'm wrong. But that's all it is.Lots of minority opinions have been right historically, and they'll continue to be. It's better to form one's opinion by direct reasoning than by parroting others' opinions.

10-4, retard
I thought I wasn't worth talking to...

Why are you still replying, was it coz you thought calling me a retard would make you look triumphant and cool?

It didn't.

In general I agree, but compared to Khabib's aggressive cuddling offense it think it was enough to edge it.
just the takedown alone was more than those "punches". In significant strikes they were about even. Octagon control was 100% in Khabib's favor as well.

Still got controlled the entire round. If Conor was so GOAT, he would’ve swept Khabib and had it go to the feet. Only he didn’t, and couldn’t do a damn thing about it.
Conor being GOAT isn't criteria for him winning the round. Landing more/better offense is. And Conor did that. So he won it.

Conor did absolutely nothing worthy to threaten Khabib in any shape or form. Khabib was constantly moving and securing his position and GnP'ing him as well, you can't call that Lay n Pray. I am actually re-watching the fight.

I cant believe SJB even posted Kebab was L n P

A bunch = 1 and 3. How didn't he win either of those rounds? And thoughts on Cruz?
Well he didnt win the first round on any of the judges scorecards so that's how he didnt win that round

And if were talking personal scorecards, well Conor never made it to round 3 on mine, I DQ'ed him long before that for the constant and blatant fouls he committed

Lol at 'full lay n pray mode' Khabib was always moving, transitioning, trying to find better positions. Conor punched Khabib's ribs and it did nothing. He landed what, 6 strikes. You dont know what you watched.
The purpose of Khabib's control should be to land better offense. But he didn't do that. Conor had a clear albeit close edge there. And that's why he won the round. Of course, Khabib also got Conor tired with the control, but that's how he got the 10-8 in round 2. You don't credit Khabib in round 1 for stuff he did in round 1. That isn't, and shouldn't be, how it works.

My opinion being the minority is reason to believe that I'm wrong. But that's all it is.Lots of minority opinions have been right historically, and they'll continue to be.

LOL at acting like you are some modern day Copernicus while defending an opinion about a MMA fight.

LOL. Another dumb-ass Shertard not getting any attention at home.

Conor was holding Khabib from the bottom. He did a good job of neutralizing Khabib's offense but that doesn't win the round and most likely took a ton of the power out of his punches.
Round 1 was more successful for Khabib that it was for Conor, in that it tired Conor out and probably broke his will somewhat. But the fruits of that success came in the form of the round 2 domination and the round 4 finish. You aren't supposed to credit Khabib in round 1 for stuff that happened later in the fight. Score each round in isolation, with offense taking priority. And Conor landed the better offense, to edge the round.

Bullshit. It was Khabib dominating Conor, and opposing his will upon him, softening him up, etc.

It sure as shit wasn't Conor dominating Khabib.

Exactly, everything went according to plan with Khabib.

You might try being honest about what actually happened yourself, seeing as Conor got completely dominated, knocked down for the first time in his career, kept down most of the fight, tapping frantically at the end of it.

It's a freaking joke that you have the audacity to talk about "being honest" about what "actually happened" in a fight <Lmaoo>
Stop with the emojis and the bad attitude, and stick to reasoning. Read my posts above to learn how you're wrong.

I was under the impression that Conor beat Khabib in rounds 1 and 3, and that he was ahead until a lucky takedown in round 4, despite serious injuries and a particularly bad camp. But I've always heard fans/haters/whatever you wanna call them say that Khabib took Conor's soul. Now I'm hearing that Conor got KO'd in the first or second round, courtesy of best of analyst in the game, Dominick Cruz. So I don't know what happened anymore.

Help me out, faithful, intelligent Sherdog community. What's the truth of the Conor/Khabib fight?

Khabib won round 1 in all judges scores. That's not a matter of opinion, Khabib won it by the rules.

Both rounds 1 and 3 barely had damage anyway. Conor indeed won round 3, but not much happened there lol. Round 2 was a 10-8, round 4 was going to be 10-8 as well

Back