Confused by Conor's fight with Khabib

I was rooting for Conor but there's no question he was soundly beat. This talk about him winning a bunch of rounds is nonsense. It was embarrassing.
A bunch = 1 and 3. How didn't he win either of those rounds? And thoughts on Cruz?

Conor got his ass kicked and embarrassed by Khabib what's there to figure out? You all need to move on now and see if he can handle Cowboy Khabib is beyond him.

Conor's most effective strike in the whole fight was an illegal knee to the head on the ground.

I can't believe how stupid Colin fans can be sometimes.. I know it's trolling, but my god.
Irrelevant to the stuff I said. When I respond to a post, I make it a minimum requirement to stay on topic. I.e. I don't start banging on about Al Iaquinta in a Jones/Reyes thread. You try.

I was under the impression that Conor beat Khabib in rounds 1 and 3, and that he was ahead until a lucky takedown in round 4, despite serious injuries and a particularly bad camp. But I've always heard fans/haters/whatever you wanna call them say that Khabib took Conor's soul. Now I'm hearing that Conor got KO'd in the first or second round, courtesy of best of analyst in the game, Dominick Cruz. So I don't know what happened anymore.

Help me out, faithful, intelligent Sherdog community. What's the truth of the Conor/Khabib fight?

Dominick is terrible as analyst. He can't even remember what round this fight was over. During the Khabib/Conor fight Cruz was at his worst. That's says a lot because Cruz at his best on the mic is not very good.

Appreciate the content in your post.

Round 1: Takedowns and top control don't win you a round if you get outstruck.

Round 2: Agree, 10-8.

Round 3: Conor had a clear striking edge and defended all takedown attempts.

Round 4: Khabib finished Conor, no doubt. But takedowns weren't coming easy at that point in the fight.

Now, thoughts on Cruz's comments?

Oh, FF sake, Conor didn't "outstrike" anyone in Round 1. He got completely dominated. Dom Cruz is an idiot. Listen to Rogan reprimand him, live, as Cruz was saying stupid things.

Round 2, 10-8, agreed. Though it could have been 10-7.

Round 3, Conor's punches were soft, lackluster, even though he got some through. Toward the end, Khabib nailed Conor with two HARD shots, a body shot, and he even bitch-slapped Conor ... and (you're wrong) ... Khabib tripped Conor to the ground, against the cage, but Conor got up. Conor was smashed up against the cage at the end of Round 3.

Round 4, Conor voids his feces.

Irrelevant to the stuff I said. When I respond to a post, I make it a minimum requirement to stay on topic. I.e. I don't start banging on about Al Iaquinta in a Jones/Reyes thread. You try.
Sure, I'll bite.

You bringing up Conor outstriking Khabib in round 1 is irrelevant. You're completely failing to realize Khabib's game plan as a whole - the plan in round 1 was to engage Conor in a series of exhaustive grappling exchanges to pump a bunch of blood into his arms to reduce his punching power. It worked perfectly, in round 2 khabib poured it on Conor and would have had the finish on him via kimura if Conor wasn't cheating (well documented at this point).

Your fight analysis completely sucks btw

Lol @ beat Khabib in round 1...only Colin fans.
Actually if you rewatch that round Khabib was in full lay and pray mode, Conor landed much more from the bottom than Khabib did.

I agree that people have a tendency to not consider the possibility that they'e wrong. But that's clearly not the right approach, is it?

You should apply that to your self and realize that, maybe, there's something fishy when pretty much everyone says you are wrong.

LOL how thick are you?

Conors plan was to deal with the wrestling and defend the GNP for 3 rounds and essentially have Khabib tire himself out. Instead of Conor fighting off takedowns relentlessly and trying to get up, he'd just cover up and give up the first few rounds, then come out swinging in the 4th where Khabib was suppose to be slower.

They based the plan off Khabib's fight with Al. Where Khabib slowed down quite a bit in the 4th and 5th.

Conor literally had a issue with his camp after the fight due to the gameplan.

You're blabla-ing just to suit your ego. Stop going off subject and try to sound intelligent, cause you don't come off as such. You spout so much unlogical things and rambling that I don't even now where to start.

Subject was Dominick Cruz said Conor is trying to tire khabib out with eating punches in the face while he was getting absolutely mauled in round 2. Fact is he wasn't, he was just getting mauled. End of discussion bye.

Actually if you rewatch that round Khabib was in full lay and pray mode, Conor landed much more from the bottom than Khabib did.
Still got controlled the entire round. If Conor was so GOAT, he would’ve swept Khabib and had it go to the feet. Only he didn’t, and couldn’t do a damn thing about it.

I don't believe anyone could actually think Conor won round 1.

Lol at 'full lay n pray mode' Khabib was always moving, transitioning, trying to find better positions. Conor punched Khabib's ribs and it did nothing. He landed what, 6 strikes. You dont know what you watched.

Still got controlled the entire round. If Conor was so GOAT, he would’ve swept Khabib and had it go to the feet. Only he didn’t, and couldn’t do a damn thing about it.
Erm yeah, not really what I'm talking about though, I don't regard what Khabib did in that round worthy of winning it, it was anti fighting, may well have been tactically sound but that's not how the judges should be scoring a fight.

None of this ultimately matters coz Khabib got a finish but people should be honest about what actually happened in the fight.

Lol at 'full lay n pray mode' Khabib was always moving, transitioning, trying to find better positions. Conor punched Khabib's ribs and it did nothing. He landed what, 6 strikes. You dont know what you watched.
Yeah he moved to keep himself from being stood up, it's still anti fighting though, which is from a game plan point of view fine and very effective, but for me it shouldn't be worthy of winning a round.

Truth is if it wasn't against Conor he'd have received critism for it, it was Jon Fitchesque.

Brett okamoto, new offical UFC lap dog thought he won the 1st round

Back