Confused by Conor's fight with Khabib

Conor fans are like the new Brock and CM Punk fans

They know nothing about the sport and hang on to corporate shills

I was under the impression that Conor beat Khabib in rounds 1 and 3, and that he was ahead until a lucky takedown in round 4, despite serious injuries and a particularly bad camp. But I've always heard fans/haters/whatever you wanna call them say that Khabib took Conor's soul. Now I'm hearing that Conor got KO'd in the first or second round, courtesy of best of analyst in the game, Dominick Cruz. So I don't know what happened anymore.
Help me out, faithful, intelligent Sherdog community. What's the truth of the Conor/Khabib fight?

This is either troll-bait or you are an idiot.

Round 1: Conor was taken down within 40 seconds, and on his back the entire round. He failed to prevent the takedown, failed to get up, and was completely dominated. In what universe does he "win" such a round? We have this amazing invention called, "video." Try watching the tape before you ask stupid questions.

Round 2: was 10-8 Khabib. Could have been 10-7. Khabib dropped Conor with a looping right, then did a "lift in the air, body-slam" to Conor, proceding to beat the bejesus out of him the entire Round 2.

Round 3: Even (imo), with Conor looking good early, because Khabib decided to box him. Khabib was getting out-boxed AT FIRST ... but then started smacking Conor hard, taking over in the middle, dominating toward the end, smashing Conor against the cage. Judges gifted it to Conor, 10-9, but in truth no one actually showed clear dominance.

Round 4: was a finish for Khabib, with Conor voiding his feces, tapping frantically, as he grew tired and could no longer defend himself on the ground.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that Conor beat Khabib in rounds 1 and 3, and that he was ahead until a lucky takedown in round 4, despite serious injuries and a particularly bad camp. But I've always heard fans/haters/whatever you wanna call them say that Khabib took Conor's soul. Now I'm hearing that Conor got KO'd in the first or second round, courtesy of best of analyst in the game, Dominick Cruz. So I don't know what happened anymore.

Help me out, faithful, intelligent Sherdog community. What's the truth of the Conor/Khabib fight?

Conor won round 3. That was it. Khabib dominated the rest of the rounds. End thread.

If that's the thing you're taking away from this thread, then you're a Moro-n.

That's usually what happens when the first sentence of a thread is that stupid. Nobody wants to know the opinion of someone who thinks Conor won the first round.

I can't take Dominick Cruz seriously anymore since the moment he said that Conor was trying to gas khabib out by letting him punch him repeatedly in the face.
That's not true. He was holding both forearms close to his face and was trying to push Khabib off.

And it actually worked because he survived that onslaught.

Maybe you do know more. But it'll remain to be seen until you actually say something.

No “maybe” about it. If you think Conor won round 1 you know less about mma than somebody that has never watched mma. And Khabib getting a “lucky” takedown in the fourth despite him taking him down several times before that. Guess it was lucky that Khabib locked in a submission and Conor tapped too.

He endend up being right on what ? He said Conor is trying to gas khabib out by letting him punch in the face. At what point in that fight did khabib gas out ? None. And Conor was surely not "letting him" he was forced to eat these punches cause his defense wasn't enough to stop khabib's assault.
LOL how thick are you?

Conors plan was to deal with the wrestling and defend the GNP for 3 rounds and essentially have Khabib tire himself out. Instead of Conor fighting off takedowns relentlessly and trying to get up, he'd just cover up and give up the first few rounds, then come out swinging in the 4th where Khabib was suppose to be slower.

They based the plan off Khabib's fight with Al. Where Khabib slowed down quite a bit in the 4th and 5th.

Conor literally had a issue with his camp after the fight due to the gameplan.

LOL how thick are you?

Conors plan was to deal with the wrestling and defend the GNP for 3 rounds and essentially have Khabib tire himself out. Instead of Conor fighting off takedowns relentlessly and trying to get up, he'd just cover up and give up the first few rounds, then come out swinging in the 4th where Khabib was suppose to be slower.

They based the plan off Khabib's fight with Al. Where Khabib slowed down quite a bit in the 4th and 5th.

Conor literally had a issue with his camp after the fight due to the gameplan.
Ah yes, because offensively grappling with a sambo expert won't lead to your neck being taken even quicker lol. Any deviation from the immense amount of cheating Conor got away with in round 1 and he's choked out in the first, no question.

Round 1: Conor was taken down within 40 seconds, and on his back the entire round. He failed to prevent the takedown, failed to get up, and was completely dominated. In what universe does he "win" such a round? We have this amazing invention called, "video." Try watching the tape before you ask stupid questions.

Round 2: was 10-8 Khabib. Could have been 10-7. Khabib dropped Conor with a looping right, then did a "lift in the air, body-slam" to Conor, proceding to beat the bejesus out of him the entire Round 2.

Round 3: Even (imo), with Conor looking good early, because Khabib decided to box him. Khabib was getting out-boxed AT FIRST ... but then started smacking Conor hard, taking over in the middle, dominating toward the end, smashing Conor against the cage. Judges gifted it to Conor, 10-9, but in truth no one actually showed clear dominance.

Round 4: was a finish for Khabib, with Conor voiding his feces, tapping frantically, as he grew tired and could no longer defend himself on the ground.
Appreciate the content in your post.

Round 1: Takedowns and top control don't win you a round if you get outstruck.

Round 2: Agree, 10-8.

Round 3: Conor had a clear striking edge and defended all takedown attempts.

Round 4: Khabib finished Conor, no doubt. But takedowns weren't coming easy at that point in the fight.

Now, thoughts on Cruz's comments?

Conor won round 3. That was it. Khabib dominated the rest of the rounds. End thread.
You've barely responded to the content of my initial post, so no, as the posts that succeed yours show, not end thread.

Ah yes, because offensively grappling with a sambo expert won't lead to your neck being taken even quicker lol. Any deviation from the immense amount of cheating Conor got away with in round 1 and he's choked out in the first, no question.
OH look I'm not defending Conor, the cheating was horrific and his "gameplan" was dog shit.

All I'm saying is Dom was right about Conor chilling out and trying to shell up against the GNP. It was literally their gameplan, a terrible plan at that. There were points you could see Conor making no attempt to transition or get up, he would just roll with the shots.

I don't get why people are shitting on Dom for actually being correct.

Conor's most effective strike in the whole fight was an illegal knee to the head on the ground.

I can't believe how stupid Colin fans can be sometimes.. I know it's trolling, but my god.

I was rooting for Conor but there's no question he was soundly beat. This talk about him winning a bunch of rounds is nonsense. It was embarrassing.

That's usually what happens when the first sentence of a thread is that stupid. Nobody wants to know the opinion of someone who thinks Conor won the first round.
I agree that people have a tendency to not consider the possibility that they'e wrong. But that's clearly not the right approach, is it?

/thread

No “maybe” about it. If you think Conor won round 1 you know less about mma than somebody that has never watched mma. And Khabib getting a “lucky” takedown in the fourth despite him taking him down several times before that. Guess it was lucky that Khabib locked in a submission and Conor tapped too.
You still haven't spoken to round 1 (or Cruz's thoughts, for that matter). No, the sub wasn't lucky, the fight was over even before the sub. The takedown was though. But going by your post history, I don't expect you to respond to me.

Back