CONFIRMED: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Tony Ferguson Headlines Mexico City Card

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Who would you like to see Khabib fight?
Barboza, I guess, because everyone else is busy. I would have rather seen him fight Tony or Cowboy, but I just can't see one win in 27 months over Darrell Horcher being title shot worthy anymore. He didn't even earn a shot tossing around RDA back in April 2014, he was supposed to fight Cowboy next for the number one contender spot. Over two years have passed since the RDA fight, and the title shot statute of limitations should as well.

I don't get why people are clamoring for him to get a title shot over someone like Ferguson who has two top-ten wins and is on an 8 UFC fight win streak compared to Khabib's 7 UFC fight win streak. Ferguson could be said to have earned his shot before fighting Lando by D'Arcing Barboza, so it's not fair to compare Ferguson getting a title shot after that performance vs Khabib over Horcher. They're "stay busy" fights more than anything based on the circumstances.

But really, Khabib and Tony were supposed to fight each other for a title shot a few times, and they both pulled out. So how can we say one over the other. Now that Ferguson has RDA, Khabib should get a top five guy as well.

Even then, it's really important to note that Khabib only has one top ten win (RDA on 4/14). Healy, Trujillo, Tavares and squeaking by Tibau should probably not earn a title shot even if he's 23-0.

Great fight and itd be perfect if Khabib gets the title shot. If tony beats rda and khabib beats alvarez, itd be one hell of a fight between them.

Barboza, I guess, because everyone else is busy. I would have rather seen him fight Tony or Cowboy, but I just can't see one win in 27 months over Darrell Horcher being title shot worthy anymore. He didn't even earn a shot tossing around RDA back in April 2014, he was supposed to fight Cowboy next for the number one contender spot. Over two years have passed since the RDA fight, and the title shot statute of limitations should as well.

I don't get why people are clamoring for him to get a title shot over someone like Ferguson who has two top-ten wins and is on an 8 UFC fight win streak compared to Khabib's 7 UFC fight win streak. Ferguson could be said to have earned his shot before fighting Lando by D'Arcing Barboza, so it's not fair to compare Ferguson getting a title shot after that performance vs Khabib over Horcher. They're "stay busy" fights more than anything based on the circumstances.

But really, Khabib and Tony were supposed to fight each other for a title shot a few times, and they both pulled out. So how can we say one over the other. Now that Ferguson has RDA, Khabib should get a top five guy as well.

Even then, it's really important to note that Khabib only has one top ten win (RDA on 4/14). Healy, Trujillo, Tavares and squeaking by Tibau should probably not earn a title shot even if he's 23-0.
I completely agree with you here. If I had it my way, the matchups would go rebook Tony/Khabib, Conor/Diaz II winner fights Alvarez, Barboza vs. Poirier after he beats MJ and Brooks vs. Chiesa. If anything, Tony for sure deserves the shot over Khabib though. Even though they both fought short notice replacements I think its safe to say Vanatta is a better prospect than Darrell Horcher. A win over (former) champ RDA doesn't mean as much on Khabib's streak as it used to. That was his golden ticket when RDA was at the top, but that isn't the case anymore.

Against someone who is going to make waves in the UFC.

crystal-ball.jpg

RDA finishes el knockdown early.

hope this means Khalib is getting the title shot

I completely agree with you here. If I had it my way, the matchups would go rebook Tony/Khabib, Conor/Diaz II winner fights Alvarez, Barboza vs. Poirier after he beats MJ and Brooks vs. Chiesa. If anything, Tony for sure deserves the shot over Khabib though. Even though they both fought short notice replacements I think its safe to say Vanatta is a better prospect than Darrell Horcher. A win over (former) champ RDA doesn't mean as much on Khabib's streak as it used to. That was his golden ticket when RDA was at the top, but that isn't the case anymore.
I would go Tony/Eddie Barboza/Khabib Dusty/MJ
Also Conor should be forced to defend his title

8 win streak with 6 finishes and 2 DECs
yeah and? he just got made to do a Brock against a guy noone had ever heard of before...... his stock dropped, deal with it

Nice fight!! Ferguson has got this!! too creative and crafty for RDA

Back