Confirmed: Justin Scoggins pulled from UFC 201

My apologies, I thought it was something that Novitsky brought along.

It falls under his jurisdiction as vp of athlete health and performance, but Jeff is nothing to do with USADA

No, fuck usada. Where is the scientific proof that fighters need to show up on fight week within 8% of their target weight? Maybe some guys can cut 15% and still be perfectly healthy to fight. Those fucks are just making up the rules as they go along and you sheep are just eating that shit right up.

It's scientifically proven that cutting more than 10% of your body weight is unhealthy as fuck.

He stopped cutting at 132, so his body was probably fucked by that point if he even didn't try to get within a few pounds. Said on twitter he's going to 135 after this. Weight cutting really needs to change. morning weigh ins are a start, but more needs to be done. Guys should be cutting so that they can show they're close to the same weight, not so they can get to the lightest weight their body can possibly get to for an hour before they die.

That sounds about right. If he felt like he couldn't go on with only 6lbs to go, then he's in the wrong weight class. For what it's worth, he was within 8% of the weight, but he had probably already cut about 15-17lbs by then.

I'm kinda glad tbh.

This was a fight I was rooting for both guys.

Back