Confirmed: Justin Scoggins pulled from UFC 201

No, fuck usada. Where is the scientific proof that fighters need to show up on fight week within 8% of their target weight? Maybe some guys can cut 15% and still be perfectly healthy to fight. Those fucks are just making up the rules as they go along and you sheep are just eating that shit right up.
To be fair there is scientific proof of what's an unhealthy amount to cut weight...

In highschool wrestling for like a decade now at the start of the season they piss test everyone and weigh you, testing your level of hydration as well. Then they give you a chart of how much weight you're allowed to weigh-in at past that point.

It's to stop people from cutting unhealthy amounts of weight in short amounts of time, just like this rule. We've seen people like Anthony Johnson literally have his body shutdown, and Renan Barao pass out and hit his head.

To be fair there is scientific proof of what's an unhealthy amount to cut weight...

In highschool wrestling for like a decade now at the start of the season they piss test everyone and weigh you, testing your level of hydration as well. Then they give you a chart of how much weight you're allowed to weigh-in at past that point.

It's to stop people from cutting unhealthy amounts of weight in short amounts of time, just like this rule. We've seen people like Anthony Johnson literally have his body shutdown, and Renan Barao pass out and hit his head.

I applaud them for trying to make everything safer, but everyone's bodies aren't the same. It may be normal for Scoggins to cut 15-20 pounds on fight week, while others may not be able to do so.

I imagine he is dying for a fight. I think he'll agree

You never know. Scoggins is no Lineker but I bet McCall still has a bad taste in his mouth from losing to an opponent who missed weight. I doubt he wants it to happen a second time.

this seems extreme to not go ahead with the fight as a catchwight or different weightclass. I could understand if this was a issue before with mr. scoggins but thats not the case.

this seems extreme to not go ahead with the fight as a catchwight or different weightclass. I could understand if this was a issue before with mr. scoggins but thats not the case.
Yeah a fight at 130 or 135 would have been more fair to Ian and the fans.

According to the BE article in this thread, Scoggins father is quoted saying he couldn't get down to 132.5, that his body wasn't sweating and no more weight was coming off him.

That doesn't sound suitable for a catch weight and is frankly unreasonable for Ian.

Feel like they'd still do the fight if he wasn't gonna make weight. Uncle Creepy hasn't fought in forever and is an OG. He'd definitely accept the fight.

According to the BE article in this thread, Scoggins father is quoted saying he couldn't get down to 132.5, that his body wasn't sweating and no more weight was coming off him.

That doesn't sound suitable for a catch weight and is frankly unreasonable for Ian.
I was not aware of that article. The whole thing makes more sense now.

It would be more reasonable to do the fight at 135 than to switch opponents or even cancel the fight.

No, fuck usada. Where is the scientific proof that fighters need to show up on fight week within 8% of their target weight? Maybe some guys can cut 15% and still be perfectly healthy to fight. Those fucks are just making up the rules as they go along and you sheep are just eating that shit right up.
This has nothing to do with USADA. Its about the 8% weight cut rule and doctors monitoring Scoggins feel he can't safely make weight.

Scoggin's is officially out.

Annnnnnnd I officially give up on him as a prospect.

Ian just can't catch a break... scorecard fuckups, personal problems, injuries, opponents missing weight... damn I was looking forward to seeing this fight too

Back