News CONFIRMED: Deiveson Figueiredo and Brandon Moreno have verbally agreed to fight at UFC 256, Dec. 12

If Figgy wins Dec.12, he's the MMA awards' fighter of the year, no doubt about it. That's gonna be 4 fights in 2020

Agreed. Winning the title twice and defending it twice will trump Khamzat (especially if he loses to Edwards, obviously)

Damn, that would be awesome.

Still want Yan to headline it though.

Fuck that is badass. Hopefully he comes in 100%

Aint that a bit too soon regarding weight cuts?

Fig is an awesome champ. Exciting as hell and is eager to fight. I love it. Just became a bigger fan

Adesanya but it’s a close race I was just being a douche

I'm a big Adesanya stan but, he has 2 fight in 2020, 1 very impressive (Costa) and 1 very boring controversial (Romero). It's not even his best year.
Fig if he wins against Moreno would have won the belt and defended 2 times, all in very dominant fashion, with one controversy when he missed weight against Joe B.

Genuine question, why do you consider Izzy for fighter of the year?

Big fan of both, this should be a great fight, I expect a similar outcome to Figureido’s fight just now. He is an absolute bulldozer at flyweight.

Does the speed this was put together suggest to anyone that the Yan vs Sterling fight had been in doubt for a little while?

If Figgy wins Dec.12, he's the MMA awards' fighter of the year, no doubt about it. That's gonna be 4 fights and a belt in 2020. No other champ has had more than 2 fights this year afaik
No doubt, dude is a legend if he pulls it off.

Wow, that's awesome. Hard not to be a fan of Fig.

Also smart of him, as a 32 year old flyweight he doesn't have any time to waste. Make that cash NOW. Fight again, and if he wins fight Garbrandt in March.
I am not going to count on Garbrandt being back by March.
Seems like he could be about to have some time off, we could be purely speculating but would it be a stretch to suggest that dropping the body weight to get down to 125, given how explosive Garbrandt is, has at the very least contributing to his current health conditions?

I understand why the UFC wants to do this. But this is really just going to be weight-cutting contest. Whoever is better at cutting weight will win the fight.

Figueiredo cuts a lot of weight to get down to 125. He has missed weight before and there were reports that his cut for this fight was difficult, he canceled a few media obligations late in the week. He turns 33 next month, so cutting huge amounts of weight will become increasingly more difficult and his body will require longer recovery between cuts.

I doubt Figueiredo makes weight. He has to step on the scale 19½ days after exiting the cage. Would he get stripped of the title if he misses?

moreno vs fig looks like a banger--funny how flyweight wasnt competitive--all of a sudden we got ourselves compelling fight imo

What a fucking Legend Figgy is!!!
In a day and age where champions try to fight once a year to hold onto their belts longer, I have mad respect for him.

I just hope he isn't having money problems for him to do this. I want to see him surpass mighty mouse and bring glory to 125, and not lose his belt from fighting too often due to poverty.

Back