Confirmation that Dana White has moved on from the McGregor Era

They'll come to some kind of agreement. Dana's not going to leave that kind of money on the table because Conor hurt his feelings.

A bit pathetic really. Learn to be kind and make ppl WANT to do business with you instead of being an entitled brat and whining about how they won't cater to you.

There are a lot of fighters that are very easy to work with that get walked all over by promoters. You probably never make it to 50 million dollars in the fight game without being a pain in the ass here and there. You probably don't make it to 10 mil.

Dana does not move on. He can be someone's friend or "he was never my friend" in a split second if that makes him a quick buck.

There are a lot of fighters that are very easy to work with that get walked all over by promoters. You probably never make it to 50 million dollars in the fight game without being a pain in the ass here and there. You probably don't make it to 10 mil.
Fair enough. But this is the other side of that strategy playing out now. He made his money and nobody can deny him that. But they've built a biz model to get through pandemic and it does not any longer hang on his brand. He has to accept that and either fight or retire.

But if he needs his ego massaged in this climate - good luck!

None of this should be surprising to anyone. Conor's fangirls here bought into the dream that he would rise above everyone else and be co-owners with Dana and they would sit back and take all the money. In reality Conor was always a fighter/employee/contractor that tried to call too many of his own shots and now the UFC are taking control again. They shouldn't have let it get to the point is did years ago to begin with but no one fighter is going to be bigger than the company. It's just funny that so many casuals thought that would be the case.
Silly af but yes. Fully agreed.

Come on, this is Uncle Dana we're talking about. If you can make him money, he will squeeze every inch out of you until you can't. Principles to not exist with him.

They'll kiss and make up at some point, and these boards will again be riddled with Canor threads. Well, more than usual.

Yup. Conor is seriously losing sway in an era where Dana's biggest partners outside the UFC are Muslims and Conor purposefully burned those bridges HARD.

That whole acting like a diva and like the sport has to bend to his will was nothing Dana ever loved but he had to live with it for the money. Now they found how to make money during pandemic and it's NOT based on Conor at all and he's having a little meltdown over it.

A bit pathetic really. Learn to be kind and make ppl WANT to do business with you instead of being an entitled brat and whining about how they won't cater to you.

No respect for that guy outside of his greatness in the cage. And since his greatness has to be on HIS terms, to soothe HIS ego, it's probably over for him.

This is what burned bridges and chickens coming home to roost looks like. Good luck. He's been an asshole enough and this is the first time he's really starting to feel it close in on him professionally speaking.
insulting muslims isnt losing him sway....if anything it makes them want him to fight there more so they watch him get handled again...presumably
Fair enough. But this is the other side of that strategy playing out now. He made his money and nobody can deny him that. But they've built a biz model to get through pandemic and it does not any longer hang on his brand. He has to accept that and either fight or retire.

But if he needs his ego massaged in this climate - good luck!
they obviously have built a different model to run under the pandemic....they are still obligated to offer him X amount of fights per year or they run into problems with his contract which they surely dont want to lose him from....

Conor fighting is good for fight fans.....not sure why people cheer to not see him fight....

also....he still has more sway with the company than any other fighter....it may not be what it once was but it is still leaps and bounds ahead of other people.......the reason for that is because he continually has created sway for himself by thinking outside of the box and upping the game at opportune moments.....hes done this far better than anyone in the history of the sport has and I dont think hes quite done yet...like it or not....hes rubbed his nut butter onto the entire sport and that stink probably is not going to fade anytime soon

insulting muslims isnt losing him sway....if anything it makes them want him to fight there more so they watch him get handled again...presumably
they obviously have built a different model to run under the pandemic....they are still obligated to offer him X amount of fights per year or they run into problems with his contract which they surely dont want to lose him from....

Conor fighting is good for fight fans.....not sure why people cheer to not see him fight....

also....he still has more sway with the company than any other fighter....it may not be what it once was but it is still leaps and bounds ahead of other people.......the reason for that is because he continually has created sway for himself by thinking outside of the box and upping the game at opportune moments.....hes done this far better than anyone in the history of the sport has and I dont think hes quite done yet...like it or not....hes rubbed his nut butter onto the entire sport and that stink probably is not going to fade anytime soon
I think it's fading big time. Less fans care about Conor than before. I don't. If he fights I'll watch. If not, I'll watch. There are way too many exciting fighters to care about a diva who never did give us most of the fights we wanted anyway. His fights were fun but there are tons of fun fights without the parading of one man's ego and "nut butter" around.

I am perfectly happy to consume MMA without any Conor in it. If he wants to fight I'll watch but I can't be bothered to give a shit if he wants to fight or not. And I notice a lot of fans are feeling the same. Also I can't stand his whole schtick from the pseudo racist bigoted shit to the egomaniac shit. I don't like it. And he's not even witty anymore.

The game passes everyone by. His whole "I am the game" bs is played. And at this point I'm not even sure if he's a mad rapist or not. It's a bit ridiculous. Either fight a top guy humbly or go away I say. I have no appetite for his ego or nuts on display anymore. It's draining and tiring. I just want good fights.

Last edited:
O
They'll come to some kind of agreement. Dana's not going to leave that kind of money on the table because Conor hurt his feelings.
Of course not. But Conor can't fight every week right? So UFC have to make money (and they do very well) without Conor..

View attachment 802561
View attachment 802562

4go9dm.jpg

i want to make the old joke about din thomas and call him yves edwards but its not acceptable anymore......2020 is gay.

“I want equity” Conor McGregor

Bless his little Irish heart he probably thought he might even get it

Back