Confessions of an arsehole. No real substance and best TLDR'd

Phlog

Sgt Sprinkles
@Gold
Reaction score
My wife managed to make me see that I've been sliding further and further into a mental trap of late.

She described it eloquently as: "being a sexist arsehole who I don't want to be around".

Now as irritating as that is, it happened at the perfect time (most amazing sex, kinda make up sex I guess) and I actually paused to look inside myself with my guard down.

I realised that I've been walling off my true mental surface with a scaffold upon which to hang a more resilient exterior. That as a result I've become a great deal less sensitive and flexible. I even knew it as of late, case in point:

Heh, sorry I've been being an arsehole of late. I meant with the haircut, gel etc. Looks like fake tan also, although if real not a lot you can do about it.

Twink hair don't help is all.

Also the whiteness of your teeth is ridiculous but I guess that's an America thing.

Seriously I can't stop. I need help.

This is not a lone event but a pattern, I also raised a hand to my son, who is, likely feeding off my energy. This is the antithesis of what I am or want to be and it all has to change.

I've obviously been at it some time and the architecture is pretty advanced, I'm not going to be able to break it all down immediately and it is going to be painful. The ego is really invested in this defence.

I advised @FierceRedBelt:

"What will you do, however small that makes you better today than you were yesterday?"

Today I recognised that I have a problem and what it was.

Tomorrow I will attempt to make that a consistent personal reality.

I guess this would be like an alcoholic admitting it publicly as a first step. It doesn't really do much for anyone else, but there you go. If I don't admit it to someone I don't really admit it to myself.

The next day I might start to try and work through what's led me here.

Good on you to being open to introspection, realization and change where required. Not because she said it but because you see it as accurate.

However the next time she says something like that, sex or not, fill that room with upper cuts like a true Shertard wood.

SHERTARDS FOREVER!!!

Is this where I'm supposed to pretend that I read it?

Aren't you old?

If I haven't structured my life such that everyone around me is forced to put up with my assholishness by the time I'm old, I'll feel like I've done something wrong.

Asshole

You’ve been hanging around Sherdog for too long.

Good on you to being open to introspection, realization and change where required. Not because she said it but because you see it as accurate.

However the next time she says something like that, sex or not, fill that room with upper cuts.

I haven't figured the balance between being self aware and taking criticism from someone who's grown weary of me. It's a slippery slope because many women and feminine men will latch on to your own insecurities to assist in your own self destruction. Figuring out whether or not she's trying to help you pull yourself out of trouble or egging you on off the cliff should be the first course of business.

So @Phlog, what have you decided to change tomorrow? Also, how old is your son?

My wife managed to make me see that I've been sliding further and further into a mental trap of late.

She described it eloquently as: "being a sexist arsehole who I don't want to be around".

Now as irritating as that is, it happened at the perfect time (most amazing sex, kinda make up sex I guess) and I actually paused to look inside myself with my guard down.

I realised that I've been walling off my true mental surface with a scaffold upon which to hang a more resilient exterior. That as a result I've become a great deal less sensitive and flexible. I even knew it as of late, case in point:

This is not a lone event but a pattern, I also raised a hand to my son, who is, likely feeding off my energy. This is the antithesis of what I am or want to be and it all has to change.

I've obviously been at it some time and the architecture is pretty advanced, I'm not going to be able to break it all down immediately and it is going to be painful. The ego is really invested in this defence.

I advised @FierceRedBelt:

"What will you do, however small that makes you better today than you were yesterday?"

Today I recognised that I have a problem and what it was.

Tomorrow I will attempt to make that a consistent personal reality.

I guess this would be like an alcoholic admitting it publicly as a first step. It doesn't really do much for anyone else, but there you go. If I don't admit it to someone I don't really admit it to myself.

The next day I might start to try and work through what's led me here.
u can be the best version of yourself if u put in the work, realizing you need to make changes is the only logical first step. mans got this.

I don't see what's so wrong with being an asshole

<Fedor23>

Realizing that you have problems and wanting to change is the first step. A lot of people don't make it that far.

Hi English person

Our American teeth are so white because thats what happens when you take the time to brush them bork1}

Introspection, admitting unpleasant truths, and self-improvement are all commendable.

Hey man, if you two get divorced, what's the resale value on a mail order bride?

Wow, that came out of nowhere. Problem?

Don’t even know what the mail order thing is getting at anyway. It gets old.

Oh yeah, the thread is dealing with assholes.

Gotcha

<{pranko}>

Back