Condoleezza Rice Testifies on Urging The Times to Not Run Article

armbarboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Testifying in the leak trial of Jeffrey Sterling, a former C.I.A. officer, Ms. Rice described how the White House successfully persuaded Times editors not to publish an article about a secret operation to disrupt Iran’s nuclear program. James Risen, a Times reporter, ultimately revealed the program in his 2006 book, “State of War,” and said that the C.I.A. had botched the operation. Prosecutors used Ms. Rice’s testimony to bolster their case that the leak to Mr. Risen had harmed national security.

Trial Begins for Former C.I.A. Official Accused of Breaching National SecurityJAN. 13, 2015
James Risen, a New York Times reporter, will not be called to testify at a leak trial, ending a lengthy legal fight over whether he could be compelled to reveal his sources.Legal Fight Ends for James Risen of the New York TimesJAN. 12, 2015
U.S. Given Deadline in Case Against James RisenDEC. 10, 2014
James RisenDefiant on Witness Stand, Times Reporter Says LittleJAN. 5, 2015
“This was very closely held,” Ms. Rice said. “It was one of the most closely held programs in my tenure as national security adviser.”

offensivenews_590_356.jpg

link for my best friend Mr. Banchan
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/16/u...n-urging-the-times-to-suppress-leak.html?_r=2

Something tells me that this short story is just a drop in the bucket and things like "freedom of speech" and "free press" are really violated in America.
Yes, you can call somebody an asshole and after that say there is a freedom of speech in America but what about serious things?

P.S.
Banchan, I miss you

They were not forced to - they were "persuaded". Do you think the press should be allowed to report real time troop movement for crying out loud? This was black ops - a friggin act of war.

They were not forced to - they were "persuaded". Do you think the press should be allowed to report real time troop movement for crying out loud? This was black ops - a friggin act of war.

You are exaggerating, dude
No, I don't think that press should be allowed to report real time troop movement for crying out loud but press should tell us the truth about reasons and results of the troop movement after the movement. Don't you think so?

Why are you not banned???

You are a marketing shill that posts bad links and copyright other people's materials.

you are here!!!
RAH!!!
banned?for what?
It seems that there is something special between you and me?
maybe love...
what do you think about wedding in summer? I think that Supreme Court will allow us to do it

Something tells me that this short story is just a drop in the bucket and things like "freedom of speech" and "free press" are really violated in America.
Yes, you can call somebody an asshole and after that say there is a freedom of speech in America but what about serious things?

So they should have run a story about a highly classified operation about purposely selling Iran false nuclear technology?

Back