1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

conditioning help

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by xMugen, Sep 4, 2010.

1. xMugen

xMugen White Belt

so i got called in to help one of my friends buddy do a full contact spar tomorrow. ive not trained for about 6 months due to other conmitments but i watched his videos of his sparring which consists of randomly throwing haymakers and having zero ground game. im pretty confident my skill level is higher than his.

but the problem is dudes like 5'7 150lbs of pure muscle and runs like an energizer bunny. which is what i dont have. i was a natural 5'7 135lbs but having not trained for awhile, im about 145lbs with some flabs on the side and what not. i still run from here and there. but im wondering whats the quickest way to help myself save energy while sparring. controlled breathing is one i could think of. any more tips would be helpful. thanks

2. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

Your thread is entitled "conditioning help", but you are not going to improve your conditioning before tomorrow.