Conditioning Challenge - Oct/Nov 2013

I took a practice crack at doing 100 pull ups in a day yesterday and it didnt go well. I dont have a bar low enough to sissy them. I made it to 41 and my arms felt like they were gona fall off. The push ups and sit ups are easy, the runs are easy but, god damn if i can do those freakin pull ups. Never the less I think I'm going to attempt this on Saturday when I have the free time to do it.

yeah, there's no way i could do 100 pullups in any reasonable amount of time. that's just the truth. maybe one day.

The JRT6 rule (as I am now calling it, after forum meber JRT6) is pretty handy- if you do half or less of your rep max, you hardly get tired and can do a shit-tonne of volume. So, e.g. if your max is 10 pullups, as long as you do sets of 5 or less you are fine. You still need breaks, but not very long ones.

But even with that, it's going to be pretty tough to do 100 with no kipping. I worked up to being able to do 50 weighted ones in 20 minutes, but 100 just seems like a lot.

1. I have no idea how far a mile is from just guessing.

2. Pull ups straight after the run? Where? You think everyone has a conveiniant way to measure their distance and a conveiniant place to do pull ups right after?

2. Pull ups straight after the run? Where? You think everyone has a conveiniant way to measure their distance and a conveiniant place to do pull ups right after?

1. mapmyrun.com. Try it, use it, love it.

2. Where there is a will there is a way, young grasshopper. You don't need to own a p/u bar or belong to a gym to do pull ups.

Find a school with a soccer/football field that has a track around it. Run around the track 4 times and then use the soccer/football posts for pull-ups. Boom.

Can I do unweight pull-ups? i.e. I just stand on the ground and make the pull-up motion with my arms?

The issue with a challenge like this is that it will take up an entire workout for a lot of people. I'm sure it would take me at least an hour and would leave me sore as shit the next day.

yeah you can do the pull ups however you want. they can kipped, or even jumping pull ups (jump of the ground, grab the bar and use the momentum from the jump to carry you over the bar). just get your chin to the bar.

if you want to just stand there doing the pull up motion with your arms that is fine, as long as you do it in a crowded gym with lots of people watching, maybe even in a power rack which people are waiting to use.

I took a practice crack at doing 100 pull ups in a day yesterday and it didnt go well. I dont have a bar low enough to sissy them. I made it to 41 and my arms felt like they were gona fall off. The push ups and sit ups are easy, the runs are easy but, god damn if i can do those freakin pull ups. Never the less I think I'm going to attempt this on Saturday when I have the free time to do it.

Excellent attitude from this guy :D

1. 1 mile = 1.6km
as the other guys said, use mapmyrun.com to plan a route (its free) or 4 laps of a football field or athletic track is a good approximation.

2. Yes. Anywhere. Yes I do, even if you live so far out in the wilderness that there are no gyms or bars for you to use, there are probably some trees with branches you could hang off to do some pull ups.

1. 1 mile = 1.6km
as the other guys said, use mapmyrun.com to plan a route (its free) or 4
laps of a football field or athletic track is a good approximation.

2. Yes. Anywhere. Yes I do, even if you live so far out in the
wilderness that there are no gyms or bars for you to use, there are
probably some trees with branches you could hang off to do some pull
ups.

1. 1 mile = 1.6km
as the other guys said, use mapmyrun.com to plan a route (its free) or 4
laps of a football field or athletic track is a good approximation.

2. Yes. Anywhere. Yes I do, even if you live so far out in the
wilderness that there are no gyms or bars for you to use, there are
probably some trees with branches you could hang off to do some pull
ups.

1. Good idea but my phone doesn't support apps like that.

2. Na I ain't doing pull ups outside. Teenagers, and some adults even are mouthy shits who take the piss out of anything and everything. I'd end up clocking someone lol.

Good ideas though.

Don't think there are tracks in high schools in the UK. Or would even be for public access if there were. Oh well. There will be other challenges I'm sure.

2. Na I ain't doing pull ups outside. Teenagers, and some adults even are mouthy shits who take the piss out of anything and everything. I'd end up clocking someone lol.

Good ideas though.

Don't think there are tracks in high schools in the UK. Or would even be for public access if there were. Oh well. There will be other challenges I'm sure.

You don't need to use a phone, you can use the website to plan the route and then just write it down or remember it.

And if you complete the challenge as its written, plus KO a hater, that's an instant win imo. Like getting blackjack or something.

Good ideas though.

1. Pussy.

2. Fhag-got.

I'll give it a go. I'm honestly not worried about the 100 pullups. I'm more worried about the 200 pushups, because I suck at pushups for some unknown reason.

can you use an assisted pullup machine?
can you use a treadmill?

sure. but if you're getting so much assistance that you can smash them all out in one set in under 2 mins then y'know... its a challenge after all..

refer to my sig

As i said, they can be modified, so do jumping pull ups if you have to, or even negatives. just get your chin over the bar 100 times.

Nice sig. :icon_lol:

I'm gonna give this a try. The squats and pushups shouldn't be a problem. What's gonna get me are the pullups. Probably have to do it in a circuit fashion to get those. Would lever swings be acceptable?

sure. but if you're getting so much assistance that you can smash them all out in one set in under 2 mins then y'know... its a challenge after all..

i would only use the minimum assistance required to get the reps in

I was going to do the last one but never got round to it. Now I wish I had, this one looks hard core.

I do worry that if I did this on a Saturday or Sunday id be fubar for training on Monday.

If I get time and im feeling healthy I will give it a good go.

With 100 pull ups and 200 push ups expect my time to be in hours not minutes.

Im gonna do this if I have a deload week during november, which could be after my next wave of juggernaut

Back