Conditioning Challenge - Oct/Nov 2013

LatFlare

EADC
@Black
Reaction score
Hasn't been one of these for a while and since we're already one third of the way through October I figured a good challenge over the next 7 weeks before we all go get swole (fat) on Christmas hams and turkeys is just what f13 needs.

The challenge is simple, borrowed from Crossfit WOD "Murph"

Run 1 mile
100 pull ups
200 push ups
300 squats
Run 1 mile

Complete as fast as possible and record your time.

- Perform the exercises in whatever order you want i.e. 1 round of 100, 200, 300 OR 100 rounds of 1, 2 3, or anything in between.
- Pull ups can be modified or assisted if necessary, just don't take the piss.
- Squats are bodyweight and must go below parallel.

This will take 40+ min so just be honest, as if anyone is going to watch a film to see if you cheated.

Benchmark: a friend of mine who is about 6ft tall, 93kg did this with a 20kg weight vest in 69 mins.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Results

McClure 38 mins
LatFlare 35:38

Last edited:
No way no how I'm doing that many pull ups. If you adjust the #'s a little bit I'm in.

No way no how I'm doing that many pull ups. If you adjust the #'s a little bit I'm in.

refer to my sig

As i said, they can be modified, so do jumping pull ups if you have to, or even negatives. just get your chin over the bar 100 times.

From what I see online, you're allowed to partition the movements:

i.e do rounds of 5 pullups + 10 chins + 15 squats.

Not going to participate anyways, but just throwing that out there.

yeah i had a look online it says

Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, as long as ppl give it a go.

This won't take 40 minutes. I'm 46 and completed a Murph recently in 38 min and change. The guy I was training with that day completed it around 34 min.

1st mile - 7/8 min

100 pullups
200 pushups - 18/20 min
300 squats

1 mile - 8/9 min

That's about it. Tough but mostly a mental challenge imo

I suppose it doesn't really matter, as long as ppl give it a go.

It does matter. Big difference between having to complete one before starting the next and being able to switch from one to the other.

It does matter. Big difference between having to complete one before starting the next and being able to switch from one to the other.

You're right it will be faster mixing up the ex's so I have edited the OP to allow for both. The main thing I'm looking for is participation.

This won't take 40 minutes. I'm 46 and completed a Murph recently in 38 min and change. The guy I was training with that day completed it around 34 min.

1st mile - 7/8 min

100 pullups
200 pushups - 18/20 min
300 squats

1 mile - 8/9 min

That's about it. Tough but mostly a mental challenge imo

Did you do the pull/push/squats in order or together in rounds?

If you want participation, it's not a bad idea to have a discussion thread about the challenge first.

I remember a little while ago there was a whole bunch of yapping and lack of consensus and then it ended up being the original suggestion, or very close to it, anyway.

And of course, its open to discussion regardless, so let fly with any suggestions.

I remember a little while ago there was a whole bunch of yapping and lack of consensus and then it ended up being the original suggestion, or very close to it, anyway.

And of course, its open to discussion regardless, so let fly with any suggestions.

I almost never do the conditioning challenges anyway, so I tend not to make suggestions about them.

There's one big problem with this... I"d have to be able to run a mile. :D

I took a practice crack at doing 100 pull ups in a day yesterday and it didnt go well. I dont have a bar low enough to sissy them. I made it to 41 and my arms felt like they were gona fall off. The push ups and sit ups are easy, the runs are easy but, god damn if i can do those freakin pull ups. Never the less I think I'm going to attempt this on Saturday when I have the free time to do it.

C'mon give it a go mate! :D

Yeah, no. :icon_evil

I don't really like testing my conditioning, unless it is with something I practice with reasonable regularity. I think that doing a hard conditioning exercise that I will not do again doesn't give me much information, doesn't improve my conditioning for exercises I care about that much, and gives me DOMS.

Edit- I think I might have just made the spirit of CrossFit throw up in its mouth slightly.

I took a practice crack at doing 100 pull ups in a day yesterday and it didnt go well. I dont have a bar low enough to sissy them. I made it to 41 and my arms felt like they were gona fall off. The push ups and sit ups are easy, the runs are easy but, god damn if i can do those freakin pull ups. Never the less I think I'm going to attempt this on Saturday when I have the free time to do it.

yeah, there's no way i could do 100 pullups in any reasonable amount of time. that's just the truth. maybe one day.

Can I do unweight pull-ups? i.e. I just stand on the ground and make the pull-up motion with my arms?

The issue with a challenge like this is that it will take up an entire workout for a lot of people. I'm sure it would take me at least an hour and would leave me sore as shit the next day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back