Conditioning but lack of equipment

endorphin junky

White Belt
Reaction score
Well I'm trying to condition my body but I really can't due to my location (Africa) lacking with gyms o swimming pools or any area's where I can do that kind of stuff. There is no equipment but I'm still trying to condition my body but with no tools or anything.

Can't even bike here, they rob bikes within days.

So is there anything I could do in my small room that could help condition my body.

Run for aerobic, burpees or hill sprints are anaerobic.

Are there really no gyms - I've worked out in Southern Sudan and Kenya just fine.

The book 'Convict Conditioning' by Paul Wade is an awesome program using just body weight and minimal equipment to get prison strong

Run for aerobic, burpees or hill sprints are anaerobic.

Are there really no gyms - I've worked out in Southern Sudan and Kenya just fine.

I haven't had problems down south either. TS if you have internet there should be a gym you could use.

try the book 'Never Gymless' by Ross Enamait

Somaliland (I keep searching for one, can't find one) So thats why I'm looking to do some work in my house

If you're scared to go outside, then you can shadowbox or jump rope in your home for aerobic conditioning. As Jaunty suggested, burpees are good for anaerobic conditioning.

They don't sell those kind of books over here too. I'll start running around my house, and what are burpees?

Depends what you mean by conditioning really, does that include some strength and felxibility etc?

For pure aerobic and anaerobic conditioning try doing some running drills/ leg work on the spot... do an exercise for 25 seconds then jog for 15 seconds.

Some examples would be: High knees, fast feet, tuck jumps, explosive squats, explosive lunges, star jumps, burpees and squat thrusts. Try completing that circuit or one similar with no recovery between sets twice and i guaruntee you'll be be dead on your feet if you do every exercise properly :icon_chee

That will require 0 equipment and could be performed in the smallest of spaces. Also because it involves high intensity intervals with jogging recovery it mixes aerobic and anaerobic endurance.

I second Never Gymless. Brilliant book. Ross is one of the best coaches out there.
OP, if you pm me your email i can try email you a copy of it?

Back