Condit says Maia doesn't have a fan friendly style, and plans on making him FIGHT

You have your opinion I have mine and I don't see all the FOTY hype surrounding it, to me it was Robbie going for the kill while Carlos was trying to make it to the scorecards.

Stop posting.

Because you're embarrassing yourself.

Oh, okay dummy. Nobody else has to believe that but you.
If anyone should be embarrassed its you guys, you're pretty much copying & pasting from the post UFC 143 threads and replacing Diaz' name with Carlos'.

If anyone should be embarrassed its you guys, you're pretty much copying & pasting from the post UFC 143 threads and replacing Diaz' name with Carlos'.

Yeah, sure.

Condit says a lot of shit, TS. In recent years I've learned not to take his pre-fight claims too seriously.

When I think of Maia in 5 rounders I think of how bad he looked in the 5th round against Ryan LaFlare. If Condit can avoid being submitted I think he weathers Maia's early grappling and drowns Maia late in the fight.

Like both guy's...waste of two styles if you ask me. Interesting, but the loser should not be moved down in regards to getting another great fight fast.

Also why are there people complaining about Condit in the Lawler fight. He used a gameplan sure but there were times in that fight where he definitely had Robbie in trouble and went for the kill. Fuck that was the first fight Robbie was dropped in since the Nick Diaz fight all the way back in 2004!

This is a hard fight to call, I could see Condit getting backpacked, I could also see Maia getting gassed after attempting to chase for 3 rounds and getting finished. Problem is Condit is as tough as they come and has only lost by sub much earlier in his career. Both cats seem like they'd be really cool guys to be around outside of fighting, don't know who to root for...lol.

I like watching Maia's insane grappling skills but I can see why most people don't. Either way I hate this fight because I love both guys and don't want to see either one lose.

My thoughts verbatim.

I think Carlos should do some research, see how much BJJ lessons cost, hit the ATM, take out said amount in advance for the BJJ lesson he is about to receive.

Carlos better keep his game plan to himself and stay the hell away from Maia on the ground.

The problem is he can't. He get's taken down all the time.

The question then becomes, what can he do from his back? I'm thinking nasty elbows. Over the course of 5 rounds, they could make a difference.

Maia will not hang in guard, elbows from bottim will help him pass and are little help once he does. Condit wants up quick, luckily he is good at it.

Can't wait.

Hope Condit now gets subbed for that.

War Maia!!

Fan friendly 5 rounds cardio win?
Lol

Also said he loves that it's now a 5 rounder, and plans on using his cardio as a weapon.

On the MMAhour.

His cardio is definitely a weapon.
I can't see Maia hanging with him in the 4th and 5th.

Back