Condit says Maia doesn't have a fan friendly style, and plans on making him FIGHT

You mean the one where he was desperately throwing his legs in the air to keep Robbie away from him in attempt to coast to a decision? That was lots of fun.
that was one of the best fights of this year you dumbass.

I love Condit, but I have no problems with Maia playing his game. He's a grappler after all. Fuck the fans.
its never a bad strategy to put some pressure on a maia type to perform in a more exciting fashion - of course he has no actual obligation to do so, but i think a lot of fighters lose when they get too aggrssive, and that can happen due to peer / fan pressure

that was one of the best fights of this year you dumbass.
You have your opinion I have mine and I don't see all the FOTY hype surrounding it, to me it was Robbie going for the kill while Carlos was trying to make it to the scorecards.

Pot n kettle
You're delusional. Maia is a grapple which the average fan doesn't find exciting, Condit on the other hand has had one debatably boring fight in his entire career.

Doesn't Condit get taken down constantly? I'd love to see him smash Maia but he will have his hands full I suspect. Maybe his cardio will save him in the later rounds as he says.

Nice matchup thinking about it

Well Carlos' fighting style hasn't been exactly fan friendly recently unless he's going up against a retiring guy or a guy dropping to 155..

What are you talking about? His last fight was fight of the night and is a foty contender. There's a reason he's a fan favorite. Let's see. Knock out of the night against DHK and Dan Hardy. Fight of the night and fight of the year contenders in Hendricks, GSP, and Lawler. Fight of the nights against Rory and Kampmann II. Ellenberger and Kampmann 1 were also fight of the night worthy. The UFC is pushing for him to be the champion. Hell, he should be the champion right now if it weren't for the poor judging that exists in MMA. Judge his whole body of work, and he's one of the most exciting fighters in the sport ever. That is a fact.

Time for the epic return K-1 MAIA!

Damien TKO in the second. You heard it here last!

1.gif

What are you talking about? His last fight was fight of the night and is a foty contender. There's a reason he's a fan favorite. Let's see. Knock out of the night against DHK and Dan Hardy. Fight of the night and fight of the year contenders in Hendricks, GSP, and Lawler. Fight of the nights against Rory and Kampmann II. Ellenberger and Kampmann 1 were also fight of the night worthy. The UFC is pushing for him to be the champion. Hell, he should be the champion right now if it weren't for the poor judging that exists in MMA. Judge his whole body of work, and he's one of the most exciting fighters in the sport ever. That is a fact.
He's getting older, coming off a knee injury, and has not performed in his recent fights like you would expect from him based on his career, he made his fans by going in there and fighting for the finish. Yeah and they keep pushing him even though he's lost every chance he's had and he's had more than one, he's lost to every top 10 fighter he's faced for what 4 years now?

Time for the epic return K-1 MAIA!

Damien TKO in the second. You heard it here last!

1.gif

If this happens. You will automatically be Sherdog GOAT.

Well Carlos' fighting style hasn't been exactly fan friendly recently unless he's going up against a retiring guy or a guy dropping to 155..

You mean unless he's retiring dudes or forcing them down a weight class lol

I love Condit but I still can't believe the Diaz fight was so bad. Damn Carlos.

Condit is constantly complaining about other fighters being boring but when push comes to shove he is the first one to turn into the worst kind of point fighter like against Diaz and Lawler. Hopefully Maia subs him.

Both have fan friendly styles in my opinion. I sure as hell don't want to watch Maia strike, I want to watch his masterful BJJ.

Back