1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Concussion question

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by RearNakedToke, Sep 30, 2010.

1. RearNakedToke White Belt

I was at Judo class today at the local college and got thrown awkwardly. I landed hard on my side and ended up kneeing myself in the forehead and getting knocked out. I wasn't out cold and was able to get up and finish class no problem but felt like I was in a daze.

This happened around 1030 and it is 2:00 PM now and I still feel out of it and slightly dizzy and have a terrible headache. I would like to go to the doctor maybe and get checked out, but I do not have any health insurance.

Since this happened at College and I am registered for the class would they pay for my bill? Or am I screwed? My sensei had me fill out a accident report and had witnesses sign it so can anyone tell me if that means anything or not please?

2. CyberFreq Blue Belt

1) Find a free clinic nearby ASAP. Better than nothing.
    2) If it happened in a University-sponsored class (like, it's for class credits) then the school should have some kind of insurance to cover it, even if it's something as little as $1-a-day, unles...
    3) They had you all sign a waiver at the beginning of the term regarding accidents and how the school is not held responsible for them. If so, tough luck.
    4) The accident report is probably just for the school in case something happens and you decide to try and fault them for it.

3. RearNakedToke White Belt

I dont remember singing anything at the beginning of the semester. This is my 2nd year of Judo there and I do not remember singing anything really. Unless I'm more concussed than I thought.

4. CyberFreq Blue Belt

Is it a credit class or an extracurricular club?

5. wildman1717 Green Belt

The school should have insurance, contact someone in the amin. and get checked. I workout at a college and they have insurance on everybody enrolled just for legal reasons. I myself won't practice martial arts with no health insurance for this very reason, it just isn't worth the gamble. Good Luck with everything.

6. RearNakedToke White Belt

Its a credit class. Thanks for the info everyone.