Conclusions After Jones vs. Reyes

Sherdog opinions

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
jon-jones-dominick-reyes-ufc-247-12-e1581245291795.jpg

"If everybody expected Jon Jones to walk through Dominick Reyes tonight, you don’t know enough about the fight business. I’ve been saying all week leading up to this fight is the problem with this fight is not enough people know how awesome Reyes is. Now you know.” -- Dana White

GettyImages-1204970535-1024x683.jpg

[X] Reyes is better than we thought
[X] Reyes should have done more in the 4th and 5th
[X] Reyes deserved the win
[X] At least one judge should be fired
[X] Reyes deserves an immediate rematch
[X] The rematch should not be in Texas
[X] Jones is no longer prime
[X] Jones is not ready for heavyweight fighting
[X] Jones will win the rematch with Reyes

Last edited:
* At least one judge should be tortured and butt raped with a boat anchor

Jon Jones is one of the luckiest fighters in the history of the sport

You should not be put into title contention without 5-round experience.

Jon Jones is a LHW and he needs to stay there. Jon Jones doesn't have "one-shot-one-kill" power, so he needs to go back to his wrestling tool box and polish some of those tools.

Jon Jones needs to stop coasting on his legend, and start working on MMA again. He hasn't really improved since the Rashad Evans fight.

Reyes better stand his ground in the rematch or he will lose again. If he had backed off so much, I believe the judges would have given him the decision. All through the night they were going for the fighter who was chasing the fight.

If Corey Anderson had a fight with Reyes like that Reyes would win

See if it wasn't for the rest of his incompetence throughout the card I'd have said that judge who gave it 49-46 was corrupt or that Reyes had railed his missus. Guy clearly shat the bed and shouldn't judge any kind of fight for the rest of his life again, netball might be more his speed.

Jon Jones is a LHW and he needs to stay there. Jon Jones doesn't have "one-shot-one-kill" power, so he needs to go back to his wrestling tool box and polish some of those tools.

Jon Jones needs to stop coasting on his legend, and start working on MMA again. He hasn't really improved since the Rashad Evans fight.

Reyes better stand his ground in the rematch or he will lose again. If he had backed off so much, I believe the judges would have given him the decision. All through the night they were going for the fighter who was chasing the fight.

you dont Need one shot power, but i get your Point.

I believe what several people, (including Jones himself) have said about Jones: Sometimes he wants to see what his opponent has, and sometimes he wants to test himself a bit too much. I think he is often a slow starter as a result. I think this is a bad habit of his.
He usually is past this when the rematch occurs, and he takes care of business more in the rematch.
I believe Jones gave away at least a round because of this.
That said, if he gave away a round, he still lost that round.

I would've said Jones would win the rematch more convincingly like he did in the past, but he might've declined a bit too much to be able to successfully implement a better gameplan.

this fight still confirm my opinion, NGANNOU legit kills Jones.

Back