Concerts

1. Ween
2. Fugazi/Crystal Castles
3. Lynyrd Skynyrd at a fair

First show was OOMPH! - in total I seen 8 of their shows, missing this year though - will be on vacation.
What blew me away - Rammstein stands out, they are unbelievable live. Stage precence of Till Lindemann is hard to describe.
Also I liked Avantasia show a lot - well, there was not much of a show, they just sang a lot, but hearing so many great vocalists live in one evening is something else! Jorn Lande live is a must see for any rock/metal fan, he is incredible.
Joe Satriani's concert stands out a bit because of the nature of his music. Fascinating to watch such a virtuoso at work.
Next show I am going to is Eisbrecher, in October.

1. I'm going to see John Fogerty in Ireland soon, with Steve Miller opening (meh).
2. Tons of bands. Iggy Pop was phenomenal. Echo & The Bunnymen too (saw them at an outdoor venue at around 2 am), The Jesus & Mary Chain, Interpol, Protomartyr, Thee Oh Sees, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Black Lips, The Offspring, The Black Angels, Car Seat Headrest, Parquet Courts (x2), Jack White, Depeche Mode, MGMT & At The Drive-In and that's just for the last 12 months.
3. I went to my first live show last year, I spent 40 bucks to see Airbourne, Echo & The Bunnymen, Iggy Pop, Yak (cool up and coming garage band), Phoenix and Editors.

The gf drug me to Four Tops and Tempations on Saturday.. it was like watching two cover bands since there is only one surviving member of each group.

Old Rod Stewart tried his damndest to shimmy across the stage on Sunday. He sounded okay I guess. Not my cup of tea.

I'm still pissed I didn't get Greta Van Fleet tickets on time for next month. Face value was $40 but they play is such a small venue here, it sold out pretty fast. Now you can't get a resale for less than $160 now.

1. I'm going to see John Fogerty in Ireland soon, with Steve Miller opening (meh).
2. Tons of bands. Iggy Pop was phenomenal. Echo & The Bunnymen too (saw them at an outdoor venue at around 2 am), The Jesus & Mary Chain, Interpol, Protomartyr, Thee Oh Sees, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Black Lips, The Offspring, The Black Angels, Car Seat Headrest, Parquet Courts (x2), Jack White, Depeche Mode, MGMT & At The Drive-In and that's just for the last 12 months.
3. I went to my first live show last year, I spent 40 bucks to see Airbourne, Echo & The Bunnymen, Iggy Pop, Yak (cool up and coming garage band), Phoenix and Editors.
Black Lips and Black Angels played here together in April. Easily one of the loudest shows I’ve heard. Going to see Oh Sees again in October.

Just saw rod Stewart and Cindy Lauper. They both performed well especially for their age.

Best concert ever: Alice Cooper at Lokerse Feesten 2013. Saw him 5 times already, in 2013 he had Orianthi as guitar player with him. His shows are amazing.
First concerts: Graspop 2001 (Belgium biggest metalfestival), before that some small local things but Graspop in 2001 was the first "real" festival I went. (The first metalgig I went was a couple of grindcore bands in a studentpub for 5 euro entry :p)

Went to Alcatraz Festival a month ago
https://www.alcatraz.be/nl
saw 22 bands in 3 days (not all very active of course).
Next concert: not 100% sure

Last edited:
Back