Concerts

bootsy

Caustically Optimistic
@red
Reaction score
What are you going to see?
What have you seen that blew you away?
What was your first show?

I’ve been seeing a lot more shows the last couple of years. Going to see David Byrne tonight!

1. Pearl Jam at Wrigley in 2 weeks.
2. Rammstein,Local H, AC/DC, Green Day, Flogging Molly, and a smaller band Ventana. ( I've seen them all at least 3 times, and they destroy every time)
3. Mxpx

Saw Live and Counting Crows a couple weeks ago. Going to Train and Hall and Oates tonight.

Both Pearl Jam shows at Wrigley this month. Also got tickets to Rod Stewart.

Debating driving up to LA for the Arctic Monkeys in October.

Saw Live and Counting Crows a couple weeks ago. Going to Train and Hall and Oates tonight.

Both Pearl Jam shows at Wrigley this month. Also got tickets to Rod Stewart.

Hall and Oates, sweet.

1. No concerts planned right now. Actually, I haven't been to one in years. I'm always gigging the same night.

2. Many. Lollapalooza 1-3, RATM (Evil Empire tour, un-fucking-real), Deftones (Adrenaline and Around the fur), Faith No More, Mr. Bungle (twice), Korn (first album tour, they were opening up for KMFDM), Failure (twice, soooooo good), Pearl Jam (Ten tour, a fellow drummer I know band opened for them, great show), Nirvana (at the Town Pump in Van, with Tad, before they got huge), Soundgarden (also at the Town Pump before they blew up)...list goes on. Been lucky.

3. Uzeb. Grade 8. I was in awe...very cool experience. Inspired me to get deeper into the drums.

Saw Blue Rodeo last night at a free concert in my small town. A massive amount of people showed up. The band came out and address the crowd by saying Hello Woodstock.

Last concert before this was Ghost
First Concert was the Steve Miller Band
Best concert was Pink Floyd

One of my first shows was FZ in Detroit.
I thought Vai was unbelievable. But Frank outplayed him heart wise

One of my first shows was FZ in Detroit.
I thought Vai was unbelievable. But Frank outplayed him heart wise
I would murder to see FZ, if he were alive, I mean!
I saw Steve Vai live as part of David Lee Roth’s band, Halloween night, ‘87.

Last edited:
1. Arctic Monkeys in September, Death Cab For Cutie in February.
2. Deftones were pretty amazing live. I seen Muse live and I don't even really like them but they put on a great show imo.
3.The first big band I seen live was Rise Against with Flobots supporting. Before that I went to a couple local gigs but nothing special.

They've got Mini Mansions supporting, I believe. That's not a half bad support band.

I have Neko Case, Oh Sees and Guided By Voices all coming up.

I really want to see this.......but I am not in japan.
Di-2-TYU4AARExI.jpg:large

1. Pearl Jam at Wrigley in 2 weeks.
2. Rammstein,Local H, AC/DC, Green Day, Flogging Molly, and a smaller band Ventana. ( I've seen them all at least 3 times, and they destroy every time)
3. Mxpx

saw rammstein WAY back in 2000 in san francisco. was a pretty memorable show. saw rage against the machine in 97'. wu tang was supposed to play, but they couldn't make it, so the roots replaced them. have seen a bunch of underground metal shows. saw gorguts back in 98' when their obscura album came out. also saw mayhem in 97' during their wolf's lair abyss tour. those last two bands most people probably don't know, but boy were they memorable shows.

Hall and Oates, sweet.

1. No concerts planned right now. Actually, I haven't been to one in years. I'm always gigging the same night.

2. Many. Lollapalooza 1-3, RATM (Evil Empire tour, un-fucking-real), Deftones (Adrenaline and Around the fur), Faith No More, Mr. Bungle (twice), Korn (first album tour, they were opening up for KMFDM), Failure (twice, soooooo good), Pearl Jam (Ten tour, a fellow drummer I know band opened for them, great show), Nirvana (at the Town Pump in Van, with Tad, before they got huge), Soundgarden (also at the Town Pump before they blew up)...list goes on. Been lucky.

3. Uzeb. Grade 8. I was in awe...very cool experience. Inspired me to get deeper into the drums.

not that i was or am a huge fan of the band, but i had the chance to see green day in the early 90's at gilman in berkeley, before dookie came out. wish i would have gone just to say that i saw them before they blew up.

not that i was or am a huge fan of the band, but i had the chance to see green day in the early 90's at gilman in berkeley, before dookie came out. wish i would have gone just to say that i saw them before they blew up.

Dude, I was in a shitty punk band waaaaaaay back, when I was in my early teens, and we opened for Green Day at The Cruel Elephant in Vancouver, BC (early 90's if I recall). That bar is long gone, but was a popular underground venue at the time...very small though. Green Day wasn't huge at the time, they drove up from Cali in a van. I don't remember a ton about the show, except it was packed.

Dude, I was in a shitty punk band waaaaaaay back, when I was in my early teens, and we opened for Green Day at The Cruel Elephant in Vancouver, BC (early 90's if I recall). That bar is long gone, but was a popular underground venue at the time...very small though. Green Day wasn't huge at the time, they drove up from Cali in a van. I don't remember a ton about the show, except it was packed.

that's awesome man. had a friend back in the day who was in a band and would sometimes play at gilman. you have to give bands who make it a lot of credit. it's a lot of work, and chances are you won't go beyond driving yourself in a packed van for gigs.

there was a great club in san francisco called the cocodrie in north beach, and i'd see a ton of underground metal shows there. saw this old-school black metal band mayhem there, and the lead singer brought out a pig's head and threw it in the crowd lol. everyone was covered in blood. can't believe they let that shit happen there.

that's awesome man. had a friend back in the day who was in a band and would sometimes play at gilman. you have to give bands who make it a lot of credit. it's a lot of work, and chances are you won't go beyond driving yourself in a packed van for gigs.

there was a great club in san francisco called the cocodrie in north beach, and i'd see a ton of underground metal shows there. saw this old-school black metal band mayhem there, and the lead singer brought out a pig's head and threw it in the crowd lol. everyone was covered in blood. can't believe they let that shit happen there.
Spent many Friday nights at Gilman in the early to mid 90's
There was a documentary recently released about that place, wanna check it out just to see if I pop up in it

It's so true. Social Media has replaced the old school ways-get in a van and tour your ass off. It's sad, imo. My best memories are tours. They were very very exhausting, but built the band into a machine.

Only thing I have coming up is a Diamond Head gig in a couple of months time. I'm not really into them but it's just up the road from me and a friend of mine likes them so I said I'd go along.

Annoyingly one of my favourite bands, In Dynamics, are also playing in the same venue this Friday night but I leave for holiday earlier in the day so can't make it. But I guess that's kind of a first world problem lol.

Best gig I've been to this year was probably Arcane Roots in Bristol back in March. It was I think the 5th time I've seen them live and their live show has got so strong now. This was easily the best performance I've seen from them.

I actually took my 9 year old son to his first gig a couple of months back - Marmozets and Black Peaks in Oxford. He fucking loved it (and got plenty of attention from some of the rock chicks there lol). He's now asking me constantly when I'm taking him to the next one :)

What are you going to see?
What have you seen that blew you away?
What was your first show?

I’ve been seeing a lot more shows the last couple of years. Going to see David Byrne tonight!
I've seen Byrne with the Talking Heads (once) and solo several times, he's a great showman.

I've seen Byrne with the Talking Heads (once) and solo several times, he's a great showman.

Amazing show with brilliant staging.
I would’ve preferred more Talking Heads, but it was still amazing.

Back