Concerning JDS vs. Cain...the hype question

bongnatas

Green Belt
Reaction score
Okay, I see alot of threads talking mad shit about how JDS got exposed and how he got a fluke KO in their first fight etc...

Well, answer me this...in their first fight JDS dropped Cain with a punch then proceeded to KO him with some GnP, in their second fight Cain dropped JDS with a punch then proceeded to NOT KO him with some pillow punches...now, tell me who got exposed? huh? I'm not saying Cain didn't kick his ass for 5 rounds, but why couldn't he finish JDS when he had him in the same situation he was in in their first fight?

yeah, I'm saying it now, JDS will get his belt back and whenever he rematches Cain he will beat him, without a doubt...but kudos to Cain on his victory.

IMO neither fighter is "hype". They're both monsters and the 2 best fighters in the division.

Oh, and these are some hard ass pillows, TS:

JDS-BOETSCH.jpg

IMO neither fighter is "hype". They're both monsters and the 2 best fighters in the division.

Oh, and these are some hard ass pillows, TS:

JDS-BOETSCH.jpg

he kicked his ass for 5 rounds, duh

I'm just wondering if any of you wizards can explain why JDS was able to finish Cain while Cain, given the same scenario failed

This. I love JDS (no romo) but I always knew Cain could win and in the fashion he did win was what I expected although it was much more brutal. In a third fight I think Cain could do the exact same thing. But, I think JDS can also win if he makes some major adjustments and therefore will pick him to win via KO

he kicked his ass for 5 rounds, duh

I'm just wondering if any of you wizards can explain why JDS was able to finish Cain while Cain, given the same scenario failed

JDS is known to have 1 punch KO power, Cain is known to finish with a high volume of strikes instead of just a couple punches. Cain definitely does have KO power on the feet, he's the only man to drop JDS but he didn't have good enough positioning to use heavy shots on the ground, so he stopped punching and continued to use pressure on JDS instead of tiring himself out when he knows he won't get the finish at that point.

I really don't like how people talk about how Cain is "pillow fisted" as if they can get in there and KO their opponent in a matter of seconds. Knocking your opponent out isn't always easy, especially at the level Cain and JDS are as fighters. They're both the best in the division, Cain uses volume which adds up and eventually some people can't take it anymore, wilt under pressure and lose by TKO, JDS uses much more range on his strikes and steps in with big punches which can make a difference when striking.

If Cain is pillow fisted, then Nog's chin is made of feathers. Only Cain and Mir have beat Nog by KO, but Mir dropped him over and over, Cain dropped him once and the first punch he landed on the mat put Nog out cold.

JDS is known to have 1 punch KO power, Cain is known to finish with a high volume of strikes instead of just a couple punches. Cain definitely does have KO power on the feet, he's the only man to drop JDS but he didn't have good enough positioning to use heavy shots on the ground, so he stopped punching and continued to use pressure on JDS instead of tiring himself out when he knows he won't get the finish at that point.

exactly...so much for the first fight being fluke then. can't wait for the tiebreaker

The first fight definitely wasn't a fluke. GSP/Serra 1 was a fluke because Serra was never anywhere near the level of GSP and it showed in the rematch where GSP didn't let Serra do anything at all. If GSP and Serra had fought again, shortly after their 2nd fight, the same thing would happen. In JDS and Cain, we don't know.

You can see similarities in the Cain/JDS rematch, but JDS and Cain, as I said are the best in the division. Can JDS KO Cain in a 3rd fight? fucking right he can. Will he? we'll never know until it happens. If JDS can't land a big punch like the 2nd fight, it might go the same way. JDS just really needs to learn how to deal with the pressure of his opponent moving forward non-stop, and work a bit on his cardio and the 3rd fight will be much more competitive. Cain didn't let Junior set anything up, and that was his undoing. He couldn't time anything because Cain got off first and made him work for a full 25 minutes which slowed him down a lot. We'll see what happens.

JDS's undoing was not using his BJJ...I think if he uses it in the next fight it's going to be a back and forth brawl, because Cain won't be spamming takedowns if he fears the sub

Why do you assume that your term 'the same scenario' means anything.

If you start a debate with retarded reasoning, expect retarded input.

JDS's undoing was not using his BJJ...I think if he uses it in the next fight it's going to be a back and forth brawl, because Cain won't be spamming takedowns if he fears the sub

I'm not sure how it would go with that either, if Cain can avoid all the subs or JDS struggles for them and burns himself out, then what?

JDS is a black belt now, of course, under the Nogueira's. Cain is a brown belt under Dave Camarillo, which imo is still very good. Who knows, I think Cain could hold his own on the mat with JDS, Cain almost had him in that armbar. This is the beauty of the HW division, you never know what will happen.

Why do you assume that your term 'the same scenario' means anything.

If you start a debate with retarded reasoning, expect retarded input.

says the retarded one...if you can't comprehend what I'm saying, move on:icon_chee

I'm not sure how it would go with that either, if Cain can avoid all the subs or JDS struggles for them and burns himself out, then what?

JDS is a black belt now, of course, under the Nogueira's. Cain is a brown belt under Dave Camarillo, which imo is still very good. Who knows, I think Cain could hold his own on the mat with JDS, Cain almost had him in that armbar. This is the beauty of the HW division, you never know what will happen.

truth...at least the fight would be more competitive, instead of what we saw on Saturday IMO

JDS fans have to be the most obnoxious fans on sherdog. JDS got his ass beat, Just eat crow and let JDS get back on his feet from the beating he took.

Last edited:
JDS fans have to be the most obnoxious fans on sherdog, JDS got his ass beat. Just eat crow and let JDS get back on his feet from the savaging he took.

JDS isnt getting the belt unless someone else beats Cain for him. He isnt going to do it.

you're just posting random bullshit without paying attention to whom you're addressing...I'm a fan of both Cain and JDS

This is a forum where people have healthy debates and comment on different topics, get it? I already said JDS got his ass kicked, so kindly shut the fuck up if you have no input on the thread topic :cool:

you're just posting random bullshit without paying attention to whom you're addressing...I'm a fan of both Cain and JDS

This is a forum where people have healthy debates and comment on different topics, get it? I already said JDS got his ass kicked, so kindly shut the fuck up if you have no input on the thread topic :cool:

I did add, I said he isnt getting his belt back unless someone beats Cain for Him.

Back