Concerned about the age of front runners?

Biden is the real issue. You can't be commanding an entire country when you barely know where you are and what's happening. He could do a lot of damage. I'm not concerned about his death (his VP will undoubtedly be a better commander than him) - I'm actually concerned about him being alive.

Bernie's mind is all there. If he dies, I'm sure his VP pick will be decent. But as long as he's alive, he'll do a good job.

Biden is the real issue. You can't be commanding an entire country when you barely know where you are and what's happening. He could do a lot of damage. I'm not concerned about his death (his VP will undoubtedly be a better commander than him) - I'm actually concerned about him being alive.

Bernie's mind is all there. If he dies, I'm sure his VP pick will be decent. But as long as he's alive, he'll do a good job.

Im not convinced Trump is all there either. He doesn’t maintain any positions consistently and misquotes/misrepresents his own recent statements/actions routinely. I’m thinking we’ve been dealing with exactly what you’ve described for the last few years already, but it hasn’t mattered since Trump is so charismatic.

Im not convinced Trump is all there either. He doesn’t maintain any positions consistently and misquotes/misrepresents his own recent statements/actions routinely. I’m thinking we’ve been dealing with exactly what you’ve described for the last few years already, but it hasn’t mattered since Trump is so charismatic.

Trump's issues are personality-based. Narcissism and unstable high self-esteem. This is a problem that has been with him forever. But the actual physiological functioning of his brain seems fine. Let's put it this way. The software is messed up, but the hardware is fine and correctly executing the bad software.

With Biden it's the opposite. Biden's personality seems fine for the most part (putting aside the ick behaviour towards kids). However the physiological functioning of his brain is declining. The software is fine, but the hardware is falling apart.

Also I don't see the point of talking about Trump. Trump will be the republican nominee, nothing we can do about it. The only actual CONTROL voters have is over the democrat nominee. Who they pick is huge, it'll determine if Trump wins again or not.

Trump's issues are personality-based. Narcissism and unstable high self-esteem. This is a problem that has been with him forever. But the actual physiological functioning of his brain seems fine. Let's put it this way. The software is messed up, but the hardware is fine and correctly executing the bad software.

With Biden it's the opposite. Biden's personality seems fine for the most part (putting aside the ick behaviour towards kids). However the physiological functioning of his brain is declining. The software is fine, but the hardware is falling apart.

Also I don't see the point of talking about Trump. Trump will be the republican nominee, nothing we can do about it. The only actual CONTROL voters have is over the democrat nominee. Who they pick is huge, it'll determine if Trump wins again or not.

Trump is actually slurring his words

If Dick Cheney is still alive then I wouldn't worry about Bernie's ticker

Can you say Biden is really physically fit when it feels like you're seeing a dude's memory deteriorate as the campaign goes along?
Yes, you can use "physically" to make a distinction between the health of a person's body (heart function, weight) and the sharpness of his mind. It's possible, we can do it.

I’m not certain that’s true about Trump, there’s a huge assumption of trolling with him which I think is a bluff. He’s at an age where I don’t think you can take that for granted, and I really think that type of behavior is typically a mask for failure to comprehend the topic at hand.

But yeah, Trump matters during the general, and if he’s facing an even older opponent, it’s a meaningless point really. All the candidates will be up there drooling during late debates and convention speeches.

Late stage Soviet America. Only old farts in charge.

Late stage Soviet America. Only old farts in charge.

Before we had two young presidents and one that was right around the historical average, it was a solid run before Trump, and the boomers will have aged out by 2024 if they haven’t already. I’ve still got hope that this is just a demographic accident more than anything. The great gen x public servant arrived too early.

Yea. There’s also an aspect where I think a single generation has held political control for a very long time with Clinton Bush and Trump being born the same year.

Yep, 2020 and the world's leading technological powerhouse nation is going to be headed by a guy who thinks a laptop is a a nickname for a cat

Trump is often an inconsistent mess. Whether age is a factor or not, he’s all over the place. He says A on Monday and Z on Tuesday. The scariest thing is his followers don’t seem to notice/ care.

Biden has never been sharp with words and has always been prone to putting his foot in his mouth. His memory for specific details isn’t great (probably still better than Trump’s, but not great) but he has experience, a firm grasp of policy, and a reasonable, consistent view.

Bernie is remarkably sharp for his age. I have no doubt that, out of the three, he’d perform the best on standard cognitive task type tests.

Last edited:
Trump is often an inconsistent mess. Whether age is a factor or not, he’s all over the place. He says A on Monday and Z on Tuesday. The scariest thing is his followers don’t seem to notice/ care.

Biden has never been sharp with words and has always been prone to putting his foot in his mouth. His memory for specific details isn’t great (probably still better than Trump’s, but not great) but he has experience, a firm grasp of policy, and a reasonable, consistent view.

Bernie is remarkably sharp for his age. I have no doubt that, out of the three, he’d perform the best on standard cognitive task type tests.

Just rewatched Trump's explanation for the evolution of his thinking on abortion.

I think if that were most of our parents, we'd have taken steps already to make sure that they're not taken advantage of and that they're getting care. Bernie and Biden aren't anywhere near that. But the reaction of Evangelicals was basically, "cool, makes sense to me."

Yes.
As much as policy positions, I'm looking at all these ancients and might just sit this election out.

Any ideas why Amy isn't hitting more momentum? She seems to be the one criticized the "least" if that makes sense, has solid age, has experience, checks the woman box, is well spoken, passes the "purity test", etc. I'd have thought she would have built a surge by now. I'm not sure what's missing.

Any ideas why Amy isn't hitting more momentum? She seems to be the one criticized the "least" if that makes sense, has solid age, has experience, checks the woman box, is well spoken, passes the "purity test", etc. I'd have thought she would have built a surge by now. I'm not sure what's missing.

Being a woman is likely still a bit of a liability (even if it's not, it's perceived as one, and electability is the top concern of primary voters this time). And she started the campaign with low name recognition.

I honestly don't care as long as the person knows wtf their role is as President. I 100% understand why people don't like it.... I do get it.... but also.... be 115 as long as you can do the damn job.

Being a woman is likely still a bit of a liability (even if it's not, it's perceived as one, and electability is the top concern of primary voters this time). And she started the campaign with low name recognition.

I can see the woman thing. It might still be seen as a weakness, unfairly, especially among older voters and later down the line conservatives. I still hear people today talk about a "man's job". For her name recognition though I wonder why it hasn't spiked? Pete for example came in with low recognition too, and is about 20 years younger (more inexperienced), but seems to have made himself a contender, even if he's unlikely to win it at the end. If I threw them all in a vacuum, I think Amy would probably be an ideal pick compared to the remaining candidates. Possibly the best pick. But if it does come down to who would be the most like candidate to win the election, removing bias I can understand an argument why she may not be a choice there.

I wonder how much the marketing aspect comes into the awareness or exposure. I have seen tons of Bloomberg commercials/ads, some Biden, some Pete, hell even a good amount of Steyer. But I can't remember a single Amy ad I have seen. That could be hurting her too.

Back