Concern About Power Lifting Regimen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powerlifting and weightlifting have weight classes man, what's your point?

My point is that to make significant gains in powerlifting, one has to add muscle mass, which increases bodyweight.

In MMA, an increase in bodyweight would lead to moving up in weight class, which would mean fighting bigger, stronger opponents, which would largely defeat the purpose of having gained strength from power lifting in the first place.

Those two things would seem to put power lifting and MMA at cross purposes.

Yeah, but has your grappling improved?

Of course not, I didn't get on my knees like a high school girl holding kettlebells on my shoulders and perform ghetto half turkish getups. For some one who's been here so long, you should know that, n00b.

My point is that to make significant gains in powerlifting, one has to add muscle mass, which increases bodyweight.

In MMA, an increase in bodyweight would lead to moving up in weight class, which would mean fighting bigger, stronger opponents, which would largely defeat the purpose of having gained strength from power lifting in the first place.

Those two things would seem to put power lifting and MMA at cross purposes.

LOL You are just enjoying the notoriety of your thread. "Ooo everyone is in MY thread posting."

enjoy it

I've been lifting heavy, getting stronger, AND dropped 30 lbs the past 8 months or so. Bitch.

bitch_slap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back