conar mcgregors fighting stance vs jose aldos leg kicks

tomzilla

White Belt
Reaction score
I like both fighters, aldo a little more, probably just out of fan loyalty, but mcgregors impressive, dont mind seeing someone new with the belt or having the champ retain it. either way, I think conar has the stand up to give aldo a good fight, especially the way he utilizes his reach, but his stance looks very susceptible to leg kicks which we know how aldo's going to treat that. if it goes to the ground or has to do with tdd, aldo probably has that covered as well.

sorry, cant post a pic of mcgregors stance from my phone(or maybe I can l, idk), and if been discussed before.

i am sure mcgregor will work on that seeing as how siver caught him a few times. also, the goat is no slouch on the ground given that he works with gunnar, a renzo black belt.

he will need to polish up on his kick checking skills or his leg is gonna be tenderized by round 3.
he does have very good skill at controlling and creating space, but once his legs get tattered he will be much less agile.

If memory serves me right, leg kicks were about the only are that Siver was able to be successful in their fight. I imagine someone who is as effective as Aldo is can definitely use this to their advantage.

Its a lot harder to land inside leg kicks compared to outside leg kicks. Alot easier to get checked as well.

Aldo broke his foot fighting a south paw in Korean Zombie.

I don't think he'll be as open to it as Faber was because for one, he doesn't stand in front of his opponent, he moves in and out. Secondly, he's a south paw so his lead leg is on the other side.

That being said though, he gets countered and knocked off balance when throwing his own kicks which happened against both Siver and Poirier. Its definitely something that he needs to work on.

Conor will absolutely get kicked, but there are some things working for him. 1 he is a southpaw so his check is easier than if he was orthodox, and 2 he has the length to be able to counter with punches when Aldo kicks him. Aldo is too good to not land some leg kicks, but Mcgregor is too smart to no address them.

Yeah, Aldo's leg kicks are his secret weapon. Conor won't be able to defend or correct for them because he won't be training it since he doesn't know Aldo has that devastating tool in his tool kit. On fight night it will just be, "Holy shit... This guy has kicks in his arsenal!" going through McGregor's head - as his legs slowly swell to three times their normal size. :rolleyes:

Do you think he's gonna just stand there and let Aldo kill him?

If Aldo throws the same inside thigh kicks he did against Florian(southpaw), we will definitely get to see which is the more legit attribute between Aldo's chin & Conor's straight left.

Still waiting to see a gif that shows Aldo throwing a vicious left outside kick to a southpaws lead leg.

conars going to eat leg kicks like the diaz bros if he doesn't switch up his stance vs aldo

Double edged sword right here.

Conor will need to lose his fighting style in order to be less prone to the devastating Aldo's leg kicks. I don't see Conor having the ability to be as explosive as Mendes has become with his in and out movements and stance switch ups, he has different body shape that isn't as fictile to explosive fighting styles.

i became a conor believer after the last fight. he looked really good. he's "long" and that'll help in his fight with aldo. but i agree, his front leg is just asking to be kicked to pieces by jose. and it probably will be.

Conor will absolutely get kicked, but there are some things working for him. 1 he is a southpaw so his check is easier than if he was orthodox, and 2 he has the length to be able to counter with punches when Aldo kicks him. Aldo is too good to not land some leg kicks, but Mcgregor is too smart to no address them.

Great response. I agree one hundred percent. Conors straight left will be a dangerous punch, but he was susceptible to sivers kicks and right hands. I expect Aldo to take more advantage of that than siver did, but I expect Conor to improve recognizably by fight time.

He wont be in kicking range until he is throwing punches at Aldo's chin. How many of those is Aldo willing to exchange?

Folk keep talking like Aldo's left kicks are as devastating as his right outside leg kicks. They aren't.

Yeah he need to look into that cuz he might just end up like Urijah Faber did in their fight.

Back